RegisterDonateLogin

So uncivilized.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Shrouded Options
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10:39:27 AM
Groups: Member

How do you search forums?
I am asking b/c i think it might have been asked before.

Shrouded states

Cannot gain abilities that reduce or prevent damage.

Can it gain force powers? in particular can it gain illusion from Marka Ragnos, DFS?
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10:49:50 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Abilities is a term that includes both special abilities and force powers, so a character with Shrouded cannot gain Illusion.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10:54:46 AM

That is great to know that abilities means force powers and special abilities. thanks
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 12:19:27 PM

I wish that the term "abilities" meaning SA and FP was used more universally. For instance Dun Moch style and FA-reflexes both spell out SA and FP, but Shrouded just says abilities. It might be easier if we start just using it one way or the other.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 12:40:32 PM

"Abilities" has been in use at least since Tarpals, so its use goes back a long time. But I guess it hasn't been consistent.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 12:51:28 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
"Abilities" has been in use at least since Tarpals, so its use goes back a long time. But I guess it hasn't been consistent.

Hasn't it though? I don't ever recall seeing something say "Abilities" when it just meant "Special Abilities." "Abilities" is less clear, but I'm pretty sure it's always meant both SAs and FPs.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 12:59:14 PM

I think he was referring to the idea of not being consistent with using "abilities" or using "special abilities and Force powers" (still using both)

There is no need for the terms "Special abilities and Force Powers" if the term "abilities" means just that. It is just a lot easier because seeing it spelled out in one place and not another makes one question what "abilities" means.

We did somehting similar with Lightsaber Defense. No more pieces with block and deflect. even though those are more straight to the point. I just recommend that new designs follow one route or the other.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:03:14 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Hasn't it though? I don't ever recall seeing something say "Abilities" when it just meant "Special Abilities." "Abilities" is less clear, but I'm pretty sure it's always meant both SAs and FPs.

It always means that. But sometimes "abilities" is spelled out explicitly as "special abilities and Force powers" instead of just saying "abilities".