RegisterDonateLogin

Charming to the last.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The Community needs your help!! Options
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2018 9:24:51 AM
Groups: Member

Hello Bloomilk family!! ThumpUp

Here is a post I have been working on for a few weeks. I have been trying to analyze our needs moving forward and asking others for input in that regard. There is really a lot of room for growth and involvement, so here it goes :)

The SWMGamers are working on meeting the needs of the community and we need your help!!! ThumbsUp
Currently we have multiple projects going on in various areas to help the community grow and provide the resources that are necessary to a thriving online community. Times are changing so we have to adept and keep moving forward. With that being said here is a list of areas we could use volunteers!! ThumpUp

Updating the Vassal Mod
We just filled this position!!! ThumbsUp

Social Media Admins: Currently our Facebook and Reddit pages are home to over 2,000 Unique users and hundreds are still active within those groups. It is the largest concentrations of players within the SWM community, even larger than the community that remains on Bloomilk. Although Bloomilks users are far more actively playing the game. It is our intention to reach out to the Social Media community and try to get them playing more often. To do that we need active Admins that can interact with the users and be promoting the game from a positive view point. If you are interested please let us know!! ThumbsUp

Community Play Test Lead
We are in need of someone to communicate between the Play test committee and the community in order to help us reach the needed play tests for each piece. The responsibilities include communicating with each Community play tester, distributing stat blocks for play testing and posting play tests within the play test forums. If clarification is needed on the piece then you are the first line for clarification. If a play test is confusing or inconclusive it is your job to communicate with the play tester about their observations. Play testing is valuable to the design process and every little bit helps!! ThumbsUp

Updating SWMGamers.com: New Drool
We currently have a team of 4 working on creating a Brand New home for SWMGamers. Although we can't give a time table of when it will be finished as of yet there are some things we would like to have available on the new site. We need help building the website on wordpress, organizing resources to put on the website, running beta testing on each page and creating new content for the website. What follows are a list of need for the new website and the community.

1. Written Articles: Love
Written Articles about everything from the importance of door control to even gambit control are needed to help players learn and get into an ever increasingly complicated game. We need your help to provide the resources to help new and old players alike.

2. YouTube Videos:
This week I am going to be creating a SWMGamers Youtube channel and link it to our Facebook pages. We need tutorials, videos of games being played, strategy discussions and even vassal log files with or without commentary.

3. Play Reports:
In depth play reports discussing the strategy that took place, your thought process and mistakes that were made by both sides really help players learn from each other.

4. Vassal Log Files:
There is really no reason for us not to have a you-tube channel of vassal log files for people to go over. With todays technology it is also somewhat easy to

If you see a need in the community then we should all work together and try to fill that need. The game will only last as long as we have a community around it, and the community will only last as long as we have a game to play. We are going to have to work together in order to make a lot of this happen, but if people step up I think most of our goals are reachable. We do need people to step up though. We do not have enough SWMGamers Team members to fill every role and meet every need. So if you are interested in even a limited capacity please let us know and we can work around your limitations! ThumbsUp

Thanks for taking the time to read this and may the Force be with you!! ThumpUp

PS. As I think of new needs I will continue to revise this list and bump if need be :)
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2018 1:49:29 PM

Nice and thanks for he update. I will try to keep helping with playtesting and I actually have an article on reserves I could submit, though needs tweaking for the new rules haha. I try to post up play reports for at least our regional and I'll keep doing that. The learn to play/videos is interesting to me too but definitely don't have the equipment or showmenship for that haha. We need to get our charming New Zealanders on for some videos! Haha
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2018 8:45:34 PM

Hey thanks for all you have done!! We could use any articles you would be willing to write. You tube tutorials will take a special kind of person for sure, and I agree!! Come on New Zealand!!! Lol
Macamoz42
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2018 5:27:46 PM

Am happy to help with the updating of the Vassal mod, would just need the instructions on how to do it.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2018 6:15:43 PM

Macamoz42 wrote:
Am happy to help with the updating of the Vassal mod, would just need the instructions on how to do it.

Glad to hear it!!! I will get that information to you ASAP!! ThumbsUp
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2018 8:39:24 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Darth_Frenchy wrote:
Macamoz42 wrote:

Glad to hear it!!! I will get that information to you ASAP!! ThumbsUp

I would like info on this as well. (out of sheer curiosity, and as a backup/assistant if the need arises).

I've lost track of what new(ish) maps aren't in there yet. (ANY of them with SWM terrain markings, just not just the restricted maps).

Back when TINT was still updating Vassal, I provided some map images, as they use the same size/resolution as MapExplorer, which I was updating at the time. I'm hoping to get the M.E. app caught up with JC/AC and MoM stuff, and since JC's current kickstarter includes options for quality digital images of all their stuff, now is a good time to update several maps currently in Vassal with better quality images that weren't available back then.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 9:47:17 AM

Absolutely!! The more the merrier! :)