RegisterDonateLogin

Shinja creates it, makes it grow.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Happy Easter! Grievous Getting All Deep For A Minute Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2018 7:30:54 AM
Groups: Member

Super not Star Wars related so figured this was the right section haha.

Happy Easter everyone and I just wanted to share an Easter message with you all that I had posted elsewhere and then tweaked for my Bloomilk family.:

Easter public service announcement from me! Haha

I just watched the latest God's Not Dead movie and definitely recommend it. But I wanted to bring up the cool theme in the film which is a good thing to hear for these crazy times, and whether you're Christian or not it's still a sound and true message.

With how politicized and polarized the world (and especially Facebook and even our awesome Bloomilk) is these days we sometimes forget that we're all just people with different views and that grace and love for one another is actually more important than our personal justice crusade or imposing that justice on others. I think it's especially true for Christians and that we should be putting love first and helping the hurting broken parts of the world instead of just hating the evil aspects of it.

Now that doesn't mean we shouldn't have anger towards that evil. Between groups like ISIS, drug cartels/dealers, human traffickers and the much more personal or close to home wrongdoings we see or perhaps even inflict ourselves in our day to day lives, there is plenty to be righteously angry about. I also believe that we do need to stand up and protect the innocent and hurting people from those that do wrong or seek to destroy. And I've always been one to fight for the innocent and down-trodden even if it meant speaking up or actually raising a fist to physically fight against tyranny and evil. There is a time for everything for sure, war and peace.

But at the same time it's important not to lose sight of the person in all these situations. People get pulled into lifestyles of hurting others from a variety of causes and everyone has a story and no doubt a personal justification for it. And we can't lose sight that there is more to life than just fighting the good fight for what we believe in. And how loving on, trying to understand, communicate with and even forgiving those that have wronged us or others is in many cases more effective than any amount of bullets, shouting or angry Facebook (or Bloomilk) posts we could throw our enemy's way instead.

Anyways this Easter I hope you all take the time to put down the war banners for one day and remember that we're all in our own ways messed up parts of humanity and even though our situations are different from others, that we can find it in ourselves to show some love to someone of a different group, viewpoint or ideology from us. You don't have to agree with them, or what they believe in, but just be decent to each other.

And also if your Christian, and even if you're not, than remember there is a solid example of a man doing this while dying on a cross so many years ago and uttering the famous words "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." In relation to the very people that had called for his unjust torture and execution and then brutally carried it out. Now that's a role model to follow.

So I just wanted to apologize if I've ever wronged any of you lovely Bloomilk friends and family of mine in any way shape or form. And also that I'm thinking of each and every one of you this day. Yes you too, especially you, you know who you are. Hahahahaha

Anyways...
Happy Easter and God bless, now go hit up church and then go enjoy whatever people eat on Easter, rabbits or chocolate eggs or something. Hey maybe even an "Easter egg hunt" against a Voxyn queen team that keeps spawning "eggs" for you to find. Whoops sorry I said nothing Star Wars here Hahahaha

But guys we have such an amazing community here, and sure we don't always agree with each other on silly things, but that doesn't matter. Because I've also seen such strong people willing to take the time to keep a game going to help other peole keep having fun. Such compassionate friends that even if they don't know it always have each other's back with words of support and prayers when our lives are in a mess (again thank you for those that prayed for and supported my home of Fort McMurray when it was mostly up in flames two years ago, you guys even stopped the campaign we were running out of respect for my brother and I that we couldn't finish). And also such dedicated loving people on here that take the time to help someone clarify a rule, playtest a piece, engage in a game with either an old friend that may need some encouragement and help right now, or sometimes even a complete stranger which you take the time to get to talk too and know . That's something you don't see too often these days. So remember this game and more so this community and this family keeps going on because of the fantastic international individuals on here. Keep at it and God bless you all.
blemelisk
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2018 4:35:30 PM

BlooMilk for you my brother in Christ.
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2018 4:50:11 PM

blemelisk wrote:
BlooMilk for you my brother in Christ.

Thanks brother!
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2018 6:01:18 PM

Happy Easter GG!! Thank you for the post!
jak
Posted: Sunday, April 8, 2018 4:18:31 AM

+1

just read this, well said my brother!

"Jesus is cool"- Caiaphas, JCSS
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, April 9, 2018 4:47:44 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

jak wrote:
+1

just read this, well said my brother!

"Jesus is cool"- Caiaphas, JCSS

Ditto. Excellent post GG!
I am indeed one small messed up part of humanity, and knowing that is half the battle in managing to not be a jerk to others as much as possible. BlooMilk
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 9, 2018 6:32:19 PM

Thanks brothers appreciate the comments and you taking the time to read it. I totally agree Swine that's a good place to start to help keep us humble and grounded.