RegisterDonateLogin

It was meant to help you.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Coming back to the game Options
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:49:24 AM
Groups: Member

Took a break from the game for about 1-1/2 years after things got busy with real life (dating....preparing for a wedding...moving.....adjusting to married life). Now I've been getting an itch to play again when i get a chance and I took a look at the last 2 v-sets and I must say I like what I see! solid designs and I can't wait to try out some squads with the new stuff. I hope everyone is doing ok and I am glad to see people still playing the game. I'm getting caught up with the state of the game right now and its a bit overwhelming, but I do look forward to trying to get back into the swing of things and hopefully Thursday nights I'll be able to play on Vassal for a little bit (unfortunately i don't have as much free time as I used to). does anyone play on those days? Do people still play on Vassal?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 9:29:04 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

We just had a Vassal tournament - the finals should be coming up soon. Not sure how much people are playing outside the tournament but the tournament had really good participation. 12? 16? I forget how many players, but it was double digits, so Vassal had a lot of traffic during the tournament.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 9:44:57 AM

Congrats on getting married BlooMilk

the vassal game is mostly used for tournaments and Play testing at this point. I rarely here of someone hopping on to play. About 8 months a few of us tried a weekly match night, but my personal life got too busy to keep up with it.

Might be worth a try again at some point.
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 11:02:13 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Congrats on getting married BlooMilk

the vassal game is mostly used for tournaments and Play testing at this point. I rarely here of someone hopping on to play. About 8 months a few of us tried a weekly match night, but my personal life got too busy to keep up with it.

Might be worth a try again at some point.

thanks! i'll definetely need some practice to get in tournament shape again. i used to be good at this game lol, but I've been away from it so long that i need to shake off some rust and re familiarize myself with the rules and squad strategies again.
Chargers
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018 3:27:29 PM

Congratulations!

Good to see that you are back and I look forward to playing against you again. Does the Mrs also play? If so, maybe some road trips to the various Regionals are in order.Laugh

Mando
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 1:30:33 PM

Chargers wrote:
Congratulations!

Good to see that you are back and I look forward to playing against you again. Does the Mrs also play? If so, maybe some road trips to the various Regionals are in order.Laugh

no she doesn't....the game would probably be a bit to complex for her. I would love to go to a regional again in wisconsin! we'll see if it works out. I actually live closer now by a couple hours since i moved near Minneapolis.