RegisterDonateLogin

Always shoots first.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

How to battle high saves? Options
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:05:12 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

What are some ways to help counter characters who have high saves? I'm thinking abilities like mettle, survival expert, or even FPRR. I know loaded chance dice can help again not force-users. Can you help me identify some other counters?
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:36:42 AM
Groups: Member

In terms of getting through defense, unpreventable damage like Overwhelming Force and Suppressive Fire. Or Evazan's homicidal surgery, or Blast Bug.
Lily_Wan
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:40:07 AM

You can counter Mettle with Force Curse [Force 1: Cancel a save reroll by an enemy within 6 squares]. It's available to all factions on the Fringe Dulok Shaman (11 pts). A Unique with LS can use Force Curse out of the Sith Holocron in multiple factions.

Sabine Wren (Rebel) and Rally Master (Mando) bring Explosive Traps [Enemies within 6 squares get -4 to saves against abilities whose names contain Grenades, Mines or Missiles] .

The Imperial Governor has Instill Fear [Enemy and allied followers within 6 squares get -2 to save rolls].

(Edit: Sabine can be in a Mandalorian squad once we have Fenn Rau out of vset 17.)
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 1:35:35 PM

Different factions have different tricks, things that bypass saves all together is good, my personal favourite for the Separatists to counter specifically soresu/evade is this:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/163207/-lets-try-missing-for-once----how-to-counter-ranged-defensive-abilities-powers-

--"Let's try missing for once." (How to counter ranged defensive abilities/powers)--
55 Sev'rance Tann
27 Lobot
96 Octuptarra Combat Droid x4
19 BX Commando Droid Spotter
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Preferred Reinforcements:
(Lobot) 20 Blizz

(200pts. 9 activations)

You get 4-12 shots a round, all with splash 20, and you actually want to miss, if you do then they essentially get hit by a missiles and they end up having to spend force points to reroll saves instead of stacking the usual soresu/evade.

The Dwarf Spider Droid's Advanced missiles are also a good combo as it is a save of 16 or 12 for those with +4 to saves.

Alternatively for direct damage you have self-destruct, flamethrower, the aforementioned blast bug and the plethora of fort powers my favourite being lightning.