RegisterDonateLogin

Every single Jedi, including your friend Bloo Milk, is now an enemy of the Republic!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

2018 GenCon SWM Results Options
DarthMaim
Posted: Sunday, August 5, 2018 6:34:23 PM
Groups: Member

1. Epic Fantastic Four = FlyingArrow

2. Royal Rumble = DarkDracul

3. Battle Through the Ages = FlyingArrow

4. Team Tournament = FlyingArrow and TimmerB

5. Sealed = DarthNewt
DarthMaim
Posted: Sunday, August 5, 2018 6:35:51 PM

I see a pattern with FlyingArrow. Nice job my man! Seems, you are the MVP of SWM at this years GenCon. Well done sir! BlooMilk
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 8:26:15 AM

Tile Wars = TimmerB123

Pod Racing = Darth Rattlehead
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:11:17 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

DarthMaim wrote:
I see a pattern with FlyingArrow. Nice job my man! Seems, you are the MVP of SWM at this years GenCon. Well done sir! BlooMilk

Thanks, but I think TimmerB wins the MVP this year.

I was in 6 events, won Epic Fantastic 4, Through the Ages, and Team (with TimmerB), 4th place in champs, flamed out in Tile Wars and Sealed. Very happy with those results.

I think Tim's got the better resume for GenCon, though. He won Tile Wars, Team (with me), and is in the finals for championships. He also got 2nd in Sealed, 2nd in Epic Fantastic 4, 2nd in Through the Ages, and also had a good showing in Royal Rumble. (He got 2nd place on the top table, which may or may not be considered above 1st place on the 2nd table. They both got prizes of approximately equal value.) So 6 events with a showing of 2nd place or better (7 if you count Royal Rumble), and at least two championships with maybe another in the Championship final. Plus he finished above me in the most important event (champs), and he was the one who carried us in Team - winning both of his matches while I went 1-1.

Head-to-head:

We didn't play in champs. I was ahead of him after Swiss, but he made the finals while I lost in semifinals to urbanjedi.
I beat him in Epic Fantastic 4.
He beat me in Tile Wars.
I beat him in Through the Ages.
We didn't play in Team but he had the better record.
He beat me in Sealed.
(I wasn't in Royal Rumble.)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:12:01 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

TimmerB123 wrote:
Tile Wars = TimmerB123

There were multiple Pod Racing sessions, but Darth Rattlehead did win one of them. Or did he come in 2nd place to his son? They finished 1-2.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:48:23 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Tile Wars = TimmerB123

There were multiple Pod Racing sessions, but Darth Rattlehead did win one of them. Or did he come in 2nd place to his son? They finished 1-2.

Richard (Darth Rattlehead) 1st Zak (his son) second.

It was a very unlikely first and second place finish. They were both ahead of the pack near the end but there was a final flyover (that triggers a roll-off) at the end, which would cause the loser to crash (putting them out of contention for second place and probably even third). They tied on the roll-off, thereby neither crashed - allowing them to finish 1-2.

( this is my rudimentary understanding of what happened, please correct me if I had any of the details wrong)
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:52:25 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
DarthMaim wrote:

Thanks, but I think TimmerB wins the MVP this year.

I was in 6 events, won Epic Fantastic 4, Through the Ages, and Team (with TimmerB), 4th place in champs, flamed out in Tile Wars and Sealed. Very happy with those results.

I think Tim's got the better resume for GenCon, though. He won Tile Wars, Team (with me), and is in the finals for championships. He also got 2nd in Sealed, 2nd in Epic Fantastic 4, 2nd in Through the Ages, and also had a good showing in Royal Rumble. (He got 2nd place on the top table, which may or may not be considered above 1st place on the 2nd table. They both got prizes of approximately equal value.) So 6 events with a showing of 2nd place or better (7 if you count Royal Rumble), and at least two championships with maybe another in the Championship final. Plus he finished above me in the most important event (champs), and he was the one who carried us in Team - winning both of his matches while I went 1-1.

Head-to-head:

We didn't play in champs. I was ahead of him after Swiss, but he made the finals while I lost in semifinals to urbanjedi.
I beat him in Epic Fantastic 4.
He beat me in Tile Wars.
I beat him in Through the Ages.
We didn't play in Team but he had the better record.
He beat me in Sealed.
(I wasn't in Royal Rumble.)

If there were a Jedi Challenge this year - TJ would be the winner. Championship was never part of the Jedi Challenge. It would likely have been TILE WARS, Epic Fantastic 4 and Battle through the ages.

Regardless of how you define it, TJ was tearing it up this year - and deserves kudos.
jew3
Posted: Wednesday, August 8, 2018 11:08:02 AM

Um, I won the private Tuesday night session of podracing against several HoFers. And it was the first one played in 2018 in Indy. If anyone deserves to be Podracing champ, it’s me! 😂😂

Which reminds me, I think we need a podracing HoF.

Also podracing was mentioned on the Fans of GenCon Facebook group as someone’s favorite game at GenCon 😀😀