RegisterDonateLogin

Don't get cocky!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Sidious Hologram question... Options
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2009 4:18:15 PM
Groups: Member

ok,
i ran SidHolo with Darth Bane, and gave my Bane a force renewal of 2, instead of his normal 1.
was i wrong in doing this?
i know of stacking, but am unclear of this CE. same thing goes for Luke spirit. can Kyle Katarn from the JA set get a force renewal of 2, instead of the one?
Krosan
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2009 5:36:52 PM

Unless noted otherwise, force renewal does not stack (still no way to stack it.... yet).
So you were wrong in doing it :O
LoboStele
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:24:04 AM

Holo Sidious grants "Force Renewal 1", not "Force Renewal +1". That's the easy way to think about things like this. So, basically, what ends up happening, is that Darth Bane would have Force Renewal 1 listed twice on his card. Doesn't mean he gets Renewal twice in each round, it just means he gets 1 FP, whether you use the Renewal 1 ability he starts with on his card, or the Renewal 1 ability he gets from Sidious. ;)
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:34:28 AM

i figured, but for some reason, my opponent was absolute on the stack.
thanx fellas
Yames2.0
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:38:49 AM

now i have a stupid question ok lets say for some reason u were runing bane with the gram and they force defensed ur force renewel could he then use the holagrams? this would probly never come up lol but who knows
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:11:03 AM

Yames2.0 wrote:
now i have a stupid question ok lets say for some reason u were runing bane with the gram and they force defensed ur force renewel could he then use the holagrams? this would probly never come up lol but who knows

i dont think that you can cancel the FR, just the FP that you would use within 6 squares of force def. now if Exar kun is in the equation, against bane, and Kun dies, you will lose your FR. im not sure that HoloSid would grant FR back to bane. im confused on that.
LoboStele
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:52:54 AM

Yames2.0 wrote:

You still only have Force Renewal 1. If someone uses Force Defense on you, then you don't get any Force Points, even if you technically have the ability twice.

Quote:
now if Exar kun is in the equation, against bane, and Kun dies, you will lose your FR. im not sure that HoloSid would grant FR back to bane. im confused on that.

Kun's Dark Force Spirit says that you lose one force point every round. It doesn't counter-act Renewal. So, what would happen is that you'd gain your 1 FP through Renewal, and then promptly lose that FP because of Dark Force Spirit.

The cool thing you can do, is when you activate, if you are already at 0 FPs, then you can say you let Dark Force Spirit affect you first, and since you can't have negative FPs, you stay at 0. Then you let Renewal have it's affect, and you can still have 1 FP for that turn. All about the simultaneous effects. :)