RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo or Bloo Milk, there is no try.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Next round of questions... Options
seibermaki
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:24:48 PM
Groups: Member

1. Sith Grip: does Opportunist affect Sith Grip for +10 to Sith Grip's damage for a total of 30?

2. If you end your movement next to a door, is opening the door optional? As in, can you declare that the door is not open, therefore I can attack somebody not adjacent to the door but adjacent to you(on your side of the door)?

3. Why is Grand Admiral Thrawn so great? I see he's anywhere from $25 - $40 online, whereas Thrawn Mitt'thrawn'duromoooooo(sorry can't spell right now) is like less than $6. Am I misunderstanding the value? The most powerful thing Grand Admiral Thrawn does, the newer Thrawn can do too(Master Tactician)... Also the newer Thrawn gives everyone Opportunist.

More questions to come, let's start with these three...
curler88j
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:29:50 PM

1+2 i have no idea but 3 is because Grand admiral thrawn if VR and the new one is only a Rare
Xeonaught
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:31:18 PM

1: Thats a tough one ill leave that for some one else

2: if some one is next to the door it is open no matter what

3: because mithrunurodo thingy is rare and thrawn is very rare so yea
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2009 8:27:33 PM

1) No. Opportunist and other like abilities provide a bonus to Damage, which is only used with attacks. Sith Grip is not an attack.

2) No, the door will open unless it is overridden shut.

3) Grand Admiral Thrawn is worth more money because he is harder to obtain. If you bought a case of Universe and a case of IE, you would have a 100% chance of obtaining IE Thrawn while you would only have a 20% chance of getting Grand Admiral Thrawn. Also, Universe is out of print, which also helps to keep Grand Admiral Thrawn's value up.

As for gameplay differences, Grand Admiral Thrawn has a flat bonus to attack and defense, which is generally better when playing a skilled opponent (as they would generally not activate the character in front, thus denying Opportunist). His other big draw is Ysalamiri, which gives Force Immunity to everyone within 6 of him, making everyone within his bubble much more lethal to Force Users.
Draconarius
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2009 9:02:06 PM

1) and 2) are already answered above, but I will say that 3) is also because of one word: Ysalimiri. That ability can be truly devastating if you know how to exploit it.
Chargers
Posted: Friday, August 7, 2009 6:49:13 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
1) No. Opportunist and other like abilities provide a bonus to Damage, which is only used with attacks. Sith Grip is not an attack.

2) No, the door will open unless it is overridden shut.

3) Grand Admiral Thrawn is worth more money because he is harder to obtain. If you bought a case of Universe and a case of IE, you would have a 100% chance of obtaining IE Thrawn while you would only have a 20% chance of getting Grand Admiral Thrawn. Also, Universe is out of print, which also helps to keep Grand Admiral Thrawn's value up.

As for gameplay differences, Grand Admiral Thrawn has a flat bonus to attack and defense, which is generally better when playing a skilled opponent (as they would generally not activate the character in front, thus denying Opportunist). His other big draw is Ysalamiri, which gives Force Immunity to everyone within 6 of him, making everyone within his bubble much more lethal to Force Users.

Good reply.

And to help clarify:

1) Sith Grip replace attacks, but is not an attack.
2) The door opens at the end of the active figure's turn. So, a figure would be able to move next to a door and attack a non-adjacent figure on your side of the door. Then the door opens up. Now, any figure that was on the other side of the door may now become adjacent to you.
seibermaki
Posted: Friday, August 7, 2009 11:16:00 AM

Ok. I was under the impression from the diagram in the rulebook that causing a door to be opened(as in, ending your movement next to a door) immediately ends your turn... which means you cannot attack at all. Is that correct? Or does it just affect range attack? I'm confused :)

Regarding Thrawn... I guess I was underestimating the power of his Anti-Force bubble... Didn't realize it made it so his allies within 6 were immune to Force Powers as well.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, August 7, 2009 11:31:10 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

It doesn't end your turn, it happens AT the end of the character's turn. You can do all your attack/move options before doors open/close, but again, the doors happen at the end of your turn.
seibermaki
Posted: Friday, August 7, 2009 3:11:09 PM

Sithborg wrote:
It doesn't end your turn, it happens AT the end of the character's turn. You can do all your attack/move options before doors open/close, but again, the doors happen at the end of your turn.

Ah, I see! Ok, yeah my understanding of character interaction with doors from the diagram/rulebook was that when a character moved next to a door, they couldn't attack. But what it meant was that they couldn't open the door then attack or move.... Makes much more sense now. So if I move next to a door, I can attack as normal, but the door isn't open until the end of the TURN.

Thanks!
Jester007
Posted: Friday, August 7, 2009 4:18:23 PM

Also about question #3, Grand Admiral Thrawn is a Very Rare where Thrawn is just a normal Rare. That, and the set that Grand Admiral Thrawn came from is no longer in production I believe.

Sincerely,
Jester007
seibermaki
Posted: Friday, August 7, 2009 6:57:39 PM

Jester007 wrote:
Also about question #3, Grand Admiral Thrawn is a Very Rare where Thrawn is just a normal Rare. That, and the set that Grand Admiral Thrawn came from is no longer in production I believe.

Sincerely,
Jester007

That's what I've gathered. I guess I won't bother chasing him down though, since I've got the newer one.