RegisterDonateLogin

Fearless and inventive.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Minis M.I.A. Options
Rabid Wookiee
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:48:45 AM
Groups: Member

So here's my sad tale. I bought 3 minis on Ebay several weeks ago, and they didn't arrive in the mail before I had to leave on a business trip. Over the phone my wife told me when they arrived (2 bubble-wrapped envelopes), and I asked that she not open them.

Well, I got home yesterday and went to find my purchases. There were no envelopes to be seen.Huh After shuffling through the mail that was strewn about the counter, I found 3 cards but only 1 miniature. Mad My wife had opened the envelopes to show my daughter the minis, and either my cats took off with the missing minis or (more probably) the maids that came the week before threw away the envelopes without noticing that they still contained 2 minis. Cursing The Vader LotF that I won for $1 was my only intact purchase. The missing minis...Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler and Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter!!! Crying Crying Crying

My luck sucks!!!

So make me feel better. Who else has a sad minis M.I.A. story?
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:09:03 AM

i had to sell one of my Revans for 15$ out of desperation for gas.
that doesnt come close to your story (which is quite upsetting.), but sucks just the same.Sad
TK-4334
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:04:08 AM

Oh man thats horrible Mellow
Vegeta1978
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:13:51 AM

Never underestimate the sneakiness of cats. I've got 3, one of which is nick named Tobi-Wan Kenobi, will come into my room, knock a mini off my bookcase & bat it around like a hockey puck. I usually have to move my couch once a week to check for minis & usually find 3-4 under it, so you might want to give it a shot. I hope you find them!
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:14:13 AM

no wonder you're Rabid...
can't say I've had to deal with anything that bad. Worse I've had was that at another site I made a deal which among other things included a Boba BH, when I got it in the mail though, no Boba BH. He sent me the Boba from RI instead. I tried to right things, but never heard from him again. btw, while I got the wrong Boba, the rest of the deal was there(Felcor and assorted Mando's).
TK-4334
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:55:59 AM

hm, i bought a lot of minis from an forum user.
price for Captain Rex, R2-D2 Astromech, Mas, lot of Clone Commanders was about 50 $.
after a few weeks i asked where the minis are and he told me that he had no time to send it to me but he´ll do it next weekend. 2 weeks later they didnt arrive too. so i stalked him and i got the telefonnumber from his parents. so i called him and he said that the minis must be lost on postal way. i couldn´t believe it because there was a lot of users how had many problems with him. after i did a post a lot of people come out with their story. -.-

after a lot of time many mailes and lot of calls, i told him i would place an advertisement.
he told me he would send me an Vader, Unleashed as compensation. i tooked him i thought better than nothing.

so i bought Vader, Unleashed for blasted 50$ -.-
DarthReeves
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 10:37:33 AM

I don't have any tales of that epic proportion, but I ordered a Qui Gon from Champions that never came (ebay gave me my money back) and I also bought two mando super commandos from some kid on ebay, I got one commando and a commander "I lost the other commando" he said...I already had 3 of them...I was pissed.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 12:18:14 PM

DarthReeves wrote:
I don't have any tales of that epic proportion, but I ordered a Qui Gon from Champions that never came (ebay gave me my money back) and I also bought two mando super commandos from some kid on ebay, I got one commando and a commander "I lost the other commando" he said...I already had 3 of them...I was pissed.

my old mandalorian commander to super commando ratio was 5-2. i once traded 2 mando commanders for 1 mandalorian warrior LOL
Mickey
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 12:19:38 PM

A guy from miniaturetrading.com stiffed me on a trade. I lost a Luke Commando and a Zalbar. I have to say though that of all the trading and ebaying I do I have very little to complain about.
Rabid Wookiee
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 12:42:11 PM

Well, if you wanna add bad trade stories, my last trade prior to Cade and Dash going MIA resulted in me sending Vader IC and Maul CotS and getting nothing in return.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:56:51 PM

Rabid Wookiee wrote:
Well, if you wanna add bad trade stories, my last trade prior to Cade and Dash going MIA resulted in me sending Vader IC and Maul CotS and getting nothing in return.

Cursing what were you trading for?!

Biggsy
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 6:00:01 AM

I recently joined miniaturetrading.com and was to make my first trade. As i had no refs, i agreed to mail first. I shipped a box full of R/VR to the guy but he tells me the box arrived opened and empty. I don't know if that's true or not, either way it sucked. I lost a bunch of rares and got nothing in return Sad
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 6:07:56 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

And these stories are why I try to stick to sites like this that are dedicated to people who love the game. (and definitely use the GTL/BTL lists)

Of course, things can go bad in a hurry anywhere. Sometimes trades get mixed up...like a trade I just opened today...which was suppose to be just some UCs...but instead had an Ordo, Barriss JK, 3 Rakghouls and 2 Stormcommandos! I just laughed and PM'd the guy, totally cool guy, and he told me he got two addresses wrong. No biggie. I'll just ship them to the right address. But that's the point, things happen and I hope that they get better for ya RW man. And there's always those that will abuse the system...sadly.
kenred2
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 6:20:03 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
And these stories are why I try to stick to sites like this that are dedicated to people who love the game. (and definitely use the GTL/BTL lists)

Of course, things can go bad in a hurry anywhere. Sometimes trades get mixed up...like a trade I just opened today...which was suppose to be just some UCs...but instead had an Ordo, Barriss JK, 3 Rakghouls and 2 Stormcommandos! I just laughed and PM'd the guy, totally cool guy, and he told me he got two addresses wrong. No biggie. I'll just ship them to the right address. But that's the point, things happen and I hope that they get better for ya RW man. And there's always those that will abuse the system...sadly.

That's very humble of you to do that... I know many people would probably would have taken advantage of it. But I'm glad people on here are making a difference that we honor trades that we expected what's in the package
Rabid Wookiee
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 6:23:28 AM

The bad trade I had was with a BlooMilk user with a +5 GTL rating. I had even traded with him before. He seemed like a nice guy in emails, but then he stiffed me and some other guy before disappearing.

It just goes to show that bad trades can happen at any time despite operating in a supposed "safe" environment.
Capin_ahab
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2009 3:54:29 PM

kenred2 wrote:
imyurhukaberry wrote:

That's very humble of you to do that... I know many people would probably would have taken advantage of it. But I'm glad people on here are making a difference that we honor trades that we expected what's in the package

Ken you just took the words out of my mouth.
DarthJak
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 6:04:47 AM

Rabid Wookiee wrote:
my wife told me when they arrived (2 bubble-wrapped envelopes), and I asked that she not open them.

. Mad My wife had opened the envelopes to show my daughter the minis

My luck sucks!!!

Sad you have no choice ,but to kill all partied involvedMad
Rabid Wookiee
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:32:46 AM

Wow! The penalty for losing minis is pretty steep these days! blasted recession!

However, given that my wife just had surgery yesterday to repair a ruptured achilles tendon, I think karma has been more than served...

And as a follow-up, I ended up buying a loose Cade to replace the lost one (which never turned up after cleaning/scouring the house). Now I just need to find a replacement Dash.
Zalkrie
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:44:56 AM

Biggsy wrote:
I recently joined miniaturetrading.com and was to make my first trade. As i had no refs, i agreed to mail first. I shipped a box full of R/VR to the guy but he tells me the box arrived opened and empty. I don't know if that's true or not, either way it sucked. I lost a bunch of rares and got nothing in return Sad

Next time you ship, it is worth insurance on the package. At least the post office can get you your money back if it was tampered with.
Rabid Wookiee
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:01:42 AM

In my case, insurance would not have helped.