RegisterDonateLogin

Any attack made by the Rebels against Bloo Milk would be a useless gesture.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

melee Options
scoundrel
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:12:24 PM
Groups: Member

It seems that the game is still heavily dominated by shooters. I think if all melee only characters were given a +2 to their speed it might help to make melee characters a little more playable in the competitive and friendly games. I think the rule would be easy to introduce and would not change the play of the game drastically. It may not have a drastic change on games but it would at least help melee characters see a bit more play. Thoughts
Mickey
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:15:25 PM

Most melee pieces are force users so they have that ability already. My cousin argued the same thing with me until he got owned by a melee squad. I think the best squad is a mix of melee and shooters. Most of the competitive squads seem to have that setup. They already put in "saves" with the introduction of evade and the varios deflects. If you play well a melee piece can get into the action.
billiv15
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:45:16 PM

Mickey wrote:
Most melee pieces are force users so they have that ability already. My cousin argued the same thing with me until he got owned by a melee squad. I think the best squad is a mix of melee and shooters. Most of the competitive squads seem to have that setup. They already put in "saves" with the introduction of evade and the varios deflects. If you play well a melee piece can get into the action.

Well said.
OLDMANKENOBI
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:32:07 PM

billiv15 wrote:
Mickey wrote:

Well said.
bill what melee pieces did you use in the "big' tourny last weekend?
Robin
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:07:10 PM

OLDMANKENOBI wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
Mickey wrote:

Well said.
bill what melee pieces did you use in the "big' tourny last weekend?

Bill didn't use any, however he lost to a luke skywalker, commando which is a melee piece. So if you're trying to prove him wrong then try again. Melee piece's also for the most part have much higher attacks and defense's, and they have force powers which let them counter lots of shooters. It's hard for lots of shooters to even hit a melee character with 20 or higher. I don't think its the piece's so much as the person playing them. If you have an experienced player, then they will kept them hidden until there in striking distance. However if you're playing against someone that doesn't know how to play to well and the kept there melee piece in the open, then yeah there going to die quick. However the same thing would happen if the had shooters, the shooters, might be able to get a few attacks, but would sooner or later meet the same fate. i don't think it's the fact that there melee pieces, but rather who plays them and how.
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:32:48 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Map plays an important role. I was able nearly beat a similar shooter squad with all Melee piece squad, including pre-errata Obi.
Durge Dude
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:41:44 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Map plays an important role. I was able nearly beat a similar shooter squad with all Melee piece squad, including pre-errata Obi.

agreed
LandShark
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 12:19:46 PM

Im not sure a change of rules would be the right solution. I would attempt an easier fix by intorucing new melee supporting figs that would help evolve the melee aspect of the game.

For example:

A Czerka Scientist that boosts Melee Attacks. Something like... Characters with Melee Attack and Damage 10 gain Twin attack (Within 6). Characters with Damage 20 and Melee Attack gain Stun (Within 6).

Something like that would greatly evolve the melee game.

Also... Shooters have Combine Fire. Melee has no equivilant bonus.

Something like 'Flanking Attack' with Melee Attackers would be great.

Flanking Attack: If two adjacent melee attackers combine melee attacks against a single target, the attacker gets +4 attack and +10 Damage against that target on all attacks that turn.

Something like that, with added damage because its a lot harder to pull off than combine fire.

Those are a few thoughts thrown around at the moment by some game designer firends I know and play with.
Durge Dude
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 12:24:12 PM

LandShark wrote:
Im not sure a change of rules would be the right solution. I would attempt an easier fix by intorucing new melee supporting figs that would help evolve the melee aspect of the game.

For example:

A Czerka Scientist that boosts Melee Attacks. Something like... Characters with Melee Attack and Damage 10 gain Twin attack (Within 6). Characters with Damage 20 and Melee Attack gain Stun (Within 6).

Something like that would greatly evolve the melee game.

Also... Shooters have Combine Fire. Melee has no equivilant bonus.

Something like 'Flanking Attack' with Melee Attackers would be great.

Flanking Attack: If two adjacent melee attackers combine melee attacks against a single target, the attacker gets +4 attack and +10 Damage against that target on all attacks that turn.

Something like that, with added damage because its a lot harder to pull off than combine fire.

Those are a few thoughts thrown around at the moment by some game designer firends I know and play with.

those are good ideas
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 12:34:05 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Considering the new designer, I would not be surprised if Flanking from DDM is somehow implemented into the game.