RegisterDonateLogin

May not look like much, but she's got it where it counts.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galloping attack? Options
IronLung
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 4:55:14 AM
Groups: Member

Can i tow to adjacent attack and then gallop attack the same target?
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 5:33:47 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

You have to move at least one square to use Galloping Attack, so you would incure an Attack of Opportunity first, but then you could use the attack as long as you are still adjacent to the character after you move.

I would tow to within one square and then Gallop into the character...but I don't know all the specifics of the situation.
Nogo Nabelyk
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 9:18:30 AM

I would tow GMLS FTW! ThumbsUp
LandShark
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:05:20 PM

No.

If you tow Yobuck adjacent to your target, then you may not perform Galloping Attack without moving Yobuck himself first.

Your options would be to: Use Double Attack and make 2 attacks at +14 without the Galloping bonus, and not move.

or

You could risk the AOO and move to another square adjacent to the target. You may then use Galloping Attack after the AOO is made. You'd get 1 attack on the target at +18 attack from the Galloping bonus, and a Galloping Attack against whatever other adjacent enemies you might happen to be adjecent to .

Then, since you have already made your Galloping Attack/s and did not exceed Yobucks speed of 10 squares (16 with Master Speed), you may take Yobuck's original 'Vanilla' base attack at +14 attack without the Galloping bonus.

As a Yobuck fan... I prefer not to tow him into direct contact. I move from 10/16 squares away, then Gallop Attack anything I come into contact with, then stop adjacent to the target I want to try and hit twice. Then I make 2 attacks avoiding the AOO from that individual all together.

The only drawback to Yobuck is, you have to pick out your path, and say whether or not you are using Master Speed or not before you actually take your turn.

This should help you understand Yobuck better.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, August 21, 2009 12:10:09 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

With Galloping Attack, you do not have to declare your path. It is an "as you move" SA.

Only with Strafe Attack do you have to declare the ending square(s) before you move and even then your path can change as needed, but you must end in the original designated square(s).
LandShark
Posted: Friday, August 21, 2009 8:02:45 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
With Galloping Attack, you do not have to declare your path. It is an "as you move" SA.

Only with Strafe Attack do you have to declare the ending square(s) before you move and even then your path can change as needed, but you must end in the original designated square(s).

I stand corrected. You do not have to declare your path.

However, you do have to declare if you are using Master Speed or not before you even move. So you need to pick a path with Yobuck, and decide before hand where you are going to go in order to use him most effectivley.

You just dont have to declare the path to your opponent.