RegisterDonateLogin

Not much bigger than a womprat.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

FAQs Down!!! Options
stilla
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 11:58:18 AM
Groups: Member

hey guys,

sorry to ask questions that could be easily answered but the FAQs are down on the *gulp* "other forums"... my friends taught me how to play this game approx 2 years ago. there are a few rules that we play by that i don't believe are correct. If a seasoned player could give me the proper information, i would appreciate it alot. Even better, if you could give me an idea as to where in the FAQs these are covered, it'll make it easier for me to show the other guys.

1) can you override an already established override?

2) if you shoot someone and have a teammate in the way, does the enemy get cover?

3) can figs with accurate shot target figs with stealth?

4) A simple explination of targeting rules would be an asset. For example, who is a legal target in a blaster barrage? i was under the impression that it was all open enemies and the first one in cover.

5) the phrase "nearest enemy" get thrown around alot. if there are 2 enemies in cover, can you legally blaster barrage them both as one is the "nearest enemy" and the other is the "first in cover"?

i know these are lame, but i know one of the best things about this game is the web-based community who are always willing to provide their input. thanks in advance.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:24:13 PM

1) Yes, this is covered in the glossary definition of override

2) Yes, enemies can gain cover from allied characters.

3) Yes, as accurate shot ignores the "closest enemy" restriction when targetting for an attack.

4+5) If 1 or more enemies are adjacent, they are the only legal targets. Otherwise, the legal targets would be anyone without cover and anyone in cover if they are the nearest enemy. The nearest enemy would be the character the fewest squares away from your character. More than one character can be the nearest enemy if they are the same distance away from your character.

Also, several abilities like Stealth and Diplomat make it so the character is not considered the nearest enemy, and thus when the ability is in effect, ignore them when determining who is closest.

One other thing to note: The official FAQs are not down, only the official boards.
stilla
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:27:49 PM

thanks alot guys, i knew i could count on you