RegisterDonateLogin

Will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

PA/NJ 300 points Options
donnie72191
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2019 6:45:18 PM
Groups: Member

ok, so my PA/NJ regional is going to be in june, but until then i am going to run a series of tournaments with prizes in them, and whoever has the best performance in these tournaments goes to gencon as the representative.

first tournament is going to be 300 points, february 23, 2019. It starts at 6 pm and it is double elimination. as far as v-sets go a team cannot be too reliant on them, only 3 allowed max. the gambit rules apply

PM me for info on the location because i am having it at my house

FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2019 7:18:34 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

To be a regional, the format is predetermined. Basically just like GenCon but the maplist is slightly different.

- 200pts
- Played with 10pt gambit (scored only by a piece with cost 10 or more)
- Swiss followed by a knockout round. (Although some tournaments cut that short for time.)
- 3/2/1 scoring. (3pts for full win. 2pts for incomplete win. 1pt for a loss that scores at least 100pts)
- Number of rounds depends on the number of people who show up.
- V-sets legal
- Errata, etc.

Of course, anyone can run any tournament they want, but to be called a regional, it specifically matches the competitive environment for GenCon (where the world championships are).

(Links to follow)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2019 7:24:46 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Here's the maplist:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=25792
http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=14855

Here are the official floor rules:
http://swmgamers.com/PDF/Rules/Floor%20Rules.pdf

The rules have been updated with the errata (which I think are all in the squadbuilder here on bloomilk except for Rapport/Affinity fixes):
http://swmgamers.com/PDF/Rules/Balance-Committee-Changes-2018.pdf

And here's the link to the rules page over on swmgamers.com that has links to the above plus some other rules references:
http://swmgamers.com/SWM/SWM%20Rules%20Main.html

Awesome that you're running a tournament, btw! I'll let you know if I can make it.
donnie72191
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2019 7:26:14 PM

ok well theres gonna be a series of tournaments so this one will kick things off but theres going to be more than one leading up to it. playing too many v sets kind of destroys the idea of collecting the figures so i dont want people bringing a team full of v set guys. so this one isnt a regional
donnie72191
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2019 7:28:45 PM

edit: my bad just read the latest reply, and plz try and get as many as possible.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2019 4:03:31 PM

I still haven't sold my minis yet, so I check here from time to time to see if someone like Flying Arrow is running something close. Since I haven't competed since 2017, my builds will reflect that point in time, but that's ok. Flying Arrow still invites me to stuff and if it works with my schedule and is close, I'd still love to play the game before I unload my collection. My GenCon days are over but I've made a lot of friends from this game over the years.

So...if I can, I'd like to come to something like this. I'd have to be able to create my own build using tournament legal parameters with the full selection of Vset and WotC products. I would entertain odd build point totals, but usually don't like build restrictions. Just my 2 cents.

For anyone who doesn't know me, I live in central Pa near Harrisburg.

I'll check this thread from time to time, and Flying Arrow knows how to get in touch with me.
donnie72191
Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:30:22 PM

well its me who is running the tournament, i wanna get something going every 2 weeks so after this tournament the v sets will be legal. there are just wayyy too many of them and i am just getting back into the game itself.

for some reason it sent this as a pm as well
Baloo
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2019 1:12:02 PM

Hello, I'm located in Philadelphia and I am definitely interested in this. Took my minis out of storage after a long time of not playing. Not sure if I could field a super competitive team with my minis, but would love to participate anyway to meet up with people who still enjoy playing this game. Please let me know of any details. Thank you.