RegisterDonateLogin

Thinks you need more Droids in your squads.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Charging Fire Options
seibermaki
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:37:00 AM
Groups: Member

Charging Fire

Replaces turn: Can move up to double speed, then attack

Glossary Text:

Instead of taking its normal turn, this character can move up to double speed and, after moving, make an attack on the same turn.

Just to clarify, when it says "attack", that doesn't mean you can use a force power instead?

Also, twin attack works, but not double attack...

Would double attack work if the character has Greater Mobile Attack?
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:41:38 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

1. You are only able to make an attack.
2. Greater Mobile does not work with Charging Fire.
seibermaki
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:44:36 AM

Thanks Sithborg, I appreciate the help. Getting ready for the first tournament I've ever played in, and I'm nervous.
seibermaki
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:48:37 AM

Hmm, one more inquiry... if I have Double Attack and Greater Mobile Attack and then do Charging Fire, do I still get to Double Attack at the end of my movement when I attack?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:53:48 AM

No, as you've replaced your turn. Double attack, Greater Mobile Attack and the like need a standard turn in order to be able to be used.

This is covered under Greater Mobile Attack in the FAQ.
seibermaki
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:57:04 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
No, as you've replaced your turn. Double attack, Greater Mobile Attack and the like need a standard turn in order to be able to be used.

This is covered under Greater Mobile Attack in the FAQ.

Fair enough. Thanks ED.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:44:17 PM

One ability you can use with Charging Fire is Twin Attack as Twin attack states that you can make another attack against the same target. Basically Char. Fire is an ability that replaces a turn. So just look at twin as mocking the first attack you would of done while in charging fire.
Darth O
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 5:35:08 PM

As I see it, an SA or FP can be used, if it says " Replaces attacks."
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 6:12:41 PM

Darth O wrote:

No, you cannot use a "replaces attacks" ability or force power if you have used a "replaces turn" ability or force power. See the glossary definition for "replaces turn".
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 12:16:32 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

EmporerDragon wrote:
Darth O wrote:

No, you cannot use a "replaces attacks" ability or force power if you have used a "replaces turn" ability or force power. See the glossary definition for "replaces turn".

(he did say "if it says "Replaces attacks""...I don't think he was referring specifically to Charging Fire but in general)
BlooMilk
Biggsy
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:18:10 AM

I think the answer was general as well. If you replace turn, you don't get an attack phase and therefore cannot replace it with abilities/force-powers.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 8:44:19 AM

When you got an ability that replaces turn you cant use a force power or SA that replaces attacks. One type of force power you would be able to use though is one that is usable on that characters turn only, they dont replace attacks & it specifically says usable only on this characters turn.

" Twin Attack "
Whenever this character attacks, it makes 1 extra attack against the same target

" Glossary Text "
This character makes a single extra attack whenever it makes an attack. This extra attack must be made against the same target as the original attack; if the original target was defeated by the first attack, this character cannot attack it again.

& basically with a force power that is usable only on this characters turn & does not replace attack or turn then it wouldnt interfere in the ability your using that replaces turn. Twin works the same way almost...But twin attack is an ability you can use only when making attacks, so there for SA's wouldnt be effected such as grenades,missles etc.
Draconarius
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 3:29:42 PM

Darth Percocet wrote:
When you got an ability that replaces turn you cant use a force power or SA that replaces attacks. One type of force power you would be able to use though is one that is usable on that characters turn only, they dont replace attacks & it specifically says usable only on this characters turn.

I don't think so, actually. They are usable only on this character's turn, but you kinda just replaced the character's whole turn with Charging Fire (or whatever your using). You can't do anything except what the Replaces Turn ability is telling you to do.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 10:32:47 AM

I dunno i would have to disagree. In my opinion if you use charging fire, it replaces turn & you can make an attack, if you miss that attack im pretty sure you can spend a force point to reroll it. & using a force power usable only on this characters turn doesnt replace attacks or turn, while using charging fire you would be doing your turn so i think you would still be able to use it seeing how its on your turn. Again Drac i could be wrong & admitt when i am, but i think you would still be able to use that kind of power seeing how your turn is over when your finished it completely.
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 10:34:15 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
I dunno i would have to disagree. In my opinion if you use charging fire, it replaces turn & you can make an attack, if you miss that attack im pretty sure you can spend a force point to reroll it. & using a force power usable only on this characters turn doesnt replace attacks or turn, while using charging fire you would be doing your turn so i think you would still be able to use it seeing how its on your turn. Again Drac i could be wrong & admitt when i am, but i think you would still be able to use that kind of power seeing how your turn is over when your finished it completely.

When you replace your turn, you already replace your attacks. This is covered in the FAQ.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 10:38:26 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Darth Percocet wrote:

When you replace your turn, you already replace your attacks. This is covered in the FAQ.

Yea i know sithborg, but what i was saying for a force power that is usable only on this characters turn, would you be able to use it on a turn while using charging fire? & if not after you do the charging fire wouldnt you be able to use it before?
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 10:44:35 AM

It can be used, as long as it doesn't interrupt the actions given by Charging Fire.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 10:50:47 AM

ahh i got ya, so you mean if it replaces attacks / turn.. so you would be able to still use something like Drain Life 1 while using charging fire also on a turn? thanx sithborg, you always clear stuff up & i appreciate everything you & emp do thanx
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 11:03:30 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
ahh i got ya, so you mean if it replaces attacks / turn.. so you would be able to still use something like Drain Life 1 while using charging fire also on a turn? thanx sithborg, you always clear stuff up & i appreciate everything you & emp do thanx

You could, as long as it is before or after Charging Fire.
Durge Dude
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 11:04:27 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
One ability you can use with Charging Fire is Twin Attack as Twin attack states that you can make another attack against the same target. Basically Char. Fire is an ability that replaces a turn. So just look at twin as mocking the first attack you would of done while in charging fire.

just carifying for DP, the second attack is not optional, it must be done.