RegisterDonateLogin

Smoother than a Twi'lek's dance moves.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Force Renewal Options
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:09:09 AM
Groups: Member

listen guys, i am sorry. seriously.
i dont have the Luxury of a league to call me out on errors. when i attempt to answer a question about rules, its because i honestly thought that was the actual ruling.
when i get corrected though, i automatically apply it to my everyday gaming. i have Sithborg mostly to thank for that.
but if someone wants to flame me on the boards, they may feel free to. but i will not take it quietly. for those who in the future who want to jump on me, save it for a PM, because the last thing i want to do is fight on here, especially with someone who isnt worth my time.
joelker41
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:29:33 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
it makes sense.
but what doesnt make sense is my character not getting his FR1, from someone else activating him. "when this character activates, he gets FR1" it doesnt say anything about someone else activating him, and not getting it.
if thats the case, then Im looking at strike 3 against this frikkin game. theres 1 out in the bottom of the 9th, and nobody on.

What doesn't make sense is you responding without knowing the rule, with no facts behind it, then posting again to state your opinion on why you thinkk you being wrong makes no sense.

If you don't know a rule, don't try to answer it. Makes things run a lot smoother.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:31:55 AM

klecser wrote:
If you do not know the correct answers to questions, please do not post. You are confusing people and making it harder for those of us who can help to actually help.

Force Renewal doesn't happen. This has been the case for years. Need an explanation? READ...THE...FAQ.

@Mandalore: Don't let the door hit you on the way out. This is the nature of Exceptions based rules systems. Game balance doesn't necessarily make sense in in-universe explanations. Heck, half of the "in universe" explanations don't even make sense within the universe in question.

And to further call you on your BS: you're prepared to WALK based upon three rulings that you don't like? Grow up. The "threats" of leaving aren't impressing anybody but yourself. If that is enough to make you walk, then I dare you to try other collectible games. Most of them have WORSE interactions than this one. I call shenanigans on your whole attitude.

I love Bloomilk and all, but I'm really bothered by the fact that the forums here have created a situation where people that don't know what the heck they are talking about re: rules are often posting the most and having the loudest voices. This obviously isn't directed at the question askers. Its directed at the people that CONSISTENTLY answer questions incorrectly. It just makes it harder for people to get the correct information. If you are consistently posting inaccurate rulings, then you are NOT helping. I probably shoudn't be surprised. Many people flock to the Intrawebs because they know they won't be held accountable for their crap.

Sorry for the rant. *sigh*

Honestly im not trying to talk trash, but its not your place to tell anyone who can post on a thread & who cannot.. its true the right answers are in the glossary but these threads i think help people get better answers for stuff they cant explain. & honestly i like when other people answer the question even if they are wrong cuz the person who is even taking a shot answering is helping himself also learn the rule. It gets peoples attentions more than the Faq & Glossary.Nobody owns this site except shinja, & if it was a big problem with this, then shinja would fix it some how to where random people could post on the question. The thread when people answer it makes them think about the question more to be able to answer it. It teachs players rules more than the Faq does in my opinion. & if wrong You always have sithborg & empdragon to clear it up.

By people taking shots on answering these rule question gives them people answering a better sense on the question. It also sparks up convo's on strategy's to use these questions & gives people to answer it easy terms. Nobody gets payed for answering questions on the Rules Thread. Its here for players to help players. People do it out of community service to help other players. So in my opinion thats kind of ignorant for you to tell people not to answer questions.

Yea the Faq has all of the answers to these questions, but bottom line is nobody is forcing anyone to come on the thread & answer it. People just do it. So if you dont like how it is, then i say dont even read the forum then. Your not forced to read this forum & people answering the questions arent forced to answer them. They do it to give a better aspect on the rule to gamerz explaining them from a players point of view. So i think it is kind of ignorant to even post what you did on the board. There hasent been a problem with anyone saying what you did untill you just did it. The thread is working fine..& will continue to work fine how its being ran & always been ran.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:49:23 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
[quote=klecser]And to further call you on your BS: you're prepared to WALK based upon three rulings that you don't like? Grow up. The "threats" of leaving aren't impressing anybody but yourself. If that is enough to make you walk, then I dare you to try other collectible games. Most of them have WORSE interactions than this one. I call shenanigans on your whole attitude.

I love Bloomilk and all, but I'm really bothered by the fact that the forums here have created a situation where people that don't know what the heck they are talking about re: rules are often posting the most and having the loudest voices. This obviously isn't directed at the question askers. Its directed at the people that CONSISTENTLY answer questions incorrectly. It just makes it harder for people to get the correct information. If you are consistently posting inaccurate rulings, then you are NOT helping. I probably shoudn't be surprised. Many people flock to the Intrawebs because they know they won't be held accountable for their crap.

Sorry for the rant. *sigh*

One more thing too, i really cant help but to think that was a direct shot at me.by people answering inaccurate helps expose the wrong answer & people will see that. The faqs dont. & honestly, your talking about people with the loudest voices & i never see you on here so your making pretty high demands for a newbie to the site. Noone is forcing you to read this thread. Noone is forcing you to come onto bloomilk. We live in America jack, welcome to the land of the free.

I read through your whole reply & your getting ignorant now. I just say if you dont like the thread then dont even come on it. I happen to think by posting wrong answers too is helping. That way you know what not to do. Also if its wrong emp dragon & sithborg clear it up. Now these 2 dudes dont need to even do that or anything, but they do. They provide a community service. & i think thats amazing for them to do it knowing they dont have to, they are good guys in my book.& again this thread gives you a better aspect on the ruling by providing wrong & right answers. People explain it in players terms. This is probably the 1 time you come on in a month, so to be making high demands i think you got no right. NOONE IS FORCING YOU TO BE HERE OR READ THIS. JUST AS NOONE IS FORCING ANYONE TO ANSWER IT. You spoke your mind & opinions, now goodbye..see you next month. I dont mean to get ignorant but i really cant help to speak my opinion on your so uncalled for comment.
joelker41
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:33:37 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
Honestly im not trying to talk trash, but its not your place to tell anyone who can post on a thread & who cannot..

Yea the Faq has all of the answers to these questions, but bottom line is nobody is forcing anyone to come on the thread & answer it. People just do it. So if you dont like how it is, then i say dont even read the forum then. Your not forced to read this forum & people answering the questions arent forced to answer them. They do it to give a better aspect on the rule to gamerz explaining them from a players point of view. So i think it is kind of ignorant to even post what you did on the board. There hasent been a problem with anyone saying what you did untill you just did it. The thread is working fine..& will continue to work fine how its being ran & always been ran.

There's the pot calling the kettle black.

Honestly I don't post on Bloomilk BECAUSE of posts like this.

Everyone on here it seems is either under 18 or doesn't know jack crud about this game, and whenever someone like klecser or another more experienced person tries to help, the uninformed masses descend like rain upon them.

Honestly if people would take things a little less personally on here it would go a long way. This isn't high school, this isn't even college. No one is trying to rain on your parade and call you names, or anyone else for that matter.

If you don't know a rule, don't post what you 'think' is the answer. If you don't know, you don't know. It isn't necessary to post in a thread just for the sake of posting.

klecser has been a trusted name in SW rules on several forums and even helped out judging at GenCon if I am not mistaken, going after him will only sink you in the world of minis, not the opposite.

Bloomilk is currently seen as a joke forum unfortunately by those who know this game. I purposely don't post squads because people will suggest something that is in the wrong faction or doesn't fit at all with my squad. It isn't helpful.

If your posts aren't helpful, don't post them. This seems like a hard post but hey don't pick fights with people who are bigger than you, and I assure you that klecser and more experienced players have put in the time to be a little selective in their posts, it's their perogative.

Quite frankly Darth_Percocet, whenever you post I make it a habit not to read because you think it is your responsibility to write everyone's ship and post your opinion on EVERYTHING. Let it go. You don't always have to put your iron in every fire. This forum isn't ruled by you lol...if you left tomorrow I can't name anyone who would miss having you on here and I know quite a few players and posters here. Don't try alienating and tearing down when you have no right or license to do so.

Darth Percocet
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:56:53 AM

joelker41 wrote:
Quite frankly Darth_Percocet, whenever you post I make it a habit not to read because you think it is your responsibility to write everyone's ship and post your opinion on EVERYTHING. Let it go. You don't always have to put your iron in every fire. This forum isn't ruled by you lol...if you left tomorrow I can't name anyone who would miss having you on here and I know quite a few players and posters here. Don't try alienating and tearing down when you have no right or license to do so.

Well just to be known this is the last time im posting on this subject. Thats the thing though, noone forces you to read my post. & then your talking about people who are under 18 & immature. I wrote my mind about posting on threads like this. Arent you the one responding to it with name calling? Wouldnt that make you the immature one? Im not getting into a little kid debate with you or anyone. I dont think its his right to come on & tell people they cant post on the thread. Its not his site, its not your site, its not my site. Noone has that right. & i dont even think it should be brought up to say to people they cant post.

& im gonna be sunk in the world of mini's because he's a big name in SW's? Am i suposed to say oh my lord i am sorry if i offended you when i spoke my mind because you are a big name in SWM's? Immature people make threats. & then to call out Bloomilk & say its a joke website? Is there any need of that? Shinja, the guy made a website on his own time & dont enforce the rule of having to pay, puts his all into making the site & then your gonna call out the site like that? Thats ignorant. You should appreciate the guy for what he did for the game. I dont even go on WOTC anymore because of people like you who swear because you are good in the game that your better than everyone else & we have to shut up when your talking. This is a game, this isnt reality. Me addressing your comment is making me immature for even paying any mind to you i know this. But you know what, im entitled to freedom of speech. I dont think its right to try bossing people & scaring people around telling them they are wrong for posting things on a site that isnt yours.

What just because he's a good expierenced player means he can come on & put people on front street & demand stuff? No it dont. Am i suposed to get on my knee's & praise forgivness from you lol? Dont pick on people bigger than me? What on a website lol? I replied to speak my mind that i like people posting on threads weither right or wrong. Basically in my opinion it helps people understand the rules better. Am i suposed to be afraid of you or something lol? Your really full of yourself aint you? Your imaginary importance you think you got really went to your head huh lol?

Really? People woundlt miss me? lol that might be the most immature little kid comment i ever heard. I aint even gonna respond to that. Bottom line is its great if he helped alot of other forums & its connected to WOTC or whatever you said. Thats good for the game. What isnt good for the game is him coming on here & demanding & dictating that people need to stop writing on threads. The thread is here so people can reply & post there thoughts. Who is you, him or anyone to say they cant.

Again im not gonna get into a little kid debate with you or him. Who cares if anyone is connected to WOTC & knows these people or them people. Its a game. This site isnt a myspace or friend conection site. Its for mini's. Im not here to be popular. People have power with the company & good players, that makes them better than anyone else in the game? What because someone knows this guy who is in this postition in the Wizards company means i have to not speak my mind because they are in that position? No this is the internet. This isnt the 1940's & hitler isnt still dictating. I dont care who you know or how good in the game you are. But i do respect you joelker & i respect him because you both are good players. I dont have to help people on this site & noone does. But i do because i want to & if i can i will. You can say i have an iron fist all you want & you can even say i dont have friends. Isnt gonna make me stop speaking my mind & help on here. So please do me a favor & keep enforcing that not reading any of my post's thing you got going on. Because you dont have to, noone is forcing you to.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:13:59 PM

joelker41 wrote:
Darth Percocet wrote:
Honestly im not trying to talk trash, but its not your place to tell anyone who can post on a thread & who cannot..

There's the pot calling the kettle black.

Honestly I don't post on Bloomilk BECAUSE of posts like this.

Everyone on here it seems is either under 18 or doesn't know jack crud about this game, and whenever someone like klecser or another more experienced person tries to help, the uninformed masses descend like rain upon them.

Honestly if people would take things a little less personally on here it would go a long way. This isn't high school, this isn't even college. No one is trying to rain on your parade and call you names, or anyone else for that matter.

If you don't know a rule, don't post what you 'think' is the answer. If you don't know, you don't know. It isn't necessary to post in a thread just for the sake of posting.

klecser has been a trusted name in SW rules on several forums and even helped out judging at GenCon if I am not mistaken, going after him will only sink you in the world of minis, not the opposite.

Bloomilk is currently seen as a joke forum unfortunately by those who know this game. I purposely don't post squads because people will suggest something that is in the wrong faction or doesn't fit at all with my squad. It isn't helpful.

If your posts aren't helpful, don't post them. This seems like a hard post but hey don't pick fights with people who are bigger than you, and I assure you that klecser and more experienced players have put in the time to be a little selective in their posts, it's their perogative.

im over 30 years old, and i know when i am being directly called out, especially when someone says "@ Mandalore".
ive already explained why i answer questions, and it looks like i have to break it down again. I dont play with a league. Never have. Would like too though.
i could give a Rats left Kidney if you dont like if i answer questions, because in my mind, i think im right. someone like you and Lactate, or whatever his name is, comes on here and has to feel honored for blessing their knowledge upon us. i have no problem saying that i am wrong. thats not the discussion. if you do not like the answers to my questions, act more like a civil person, like Sithborg, and inform me that i am wrong. call me on it all day dude, ill be fine with it. ill never say "Well...yer Mom Sux", or (Blow me , Yer a Liar!!). ive played how ive played for years, and am quite willing to change the way i play.
Just because i do it wrong, doesnt make me Satan with a blue dress on.
but when people like to act a G.D Star Wars Mini General, im going to laugh in your face. because in my eyes, it shows me that you think that this game was created because you wanted to play it.
seriously......Confused

I hate to say it dude, BUT CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!
im sorry if i ever hurt your feelings for answering a question incorrectly. really, from the bottom of my heart, i apologize.

now if you dont mind, i have other questions on other threads to answer incorrectly, to find out that i am wrong. BECAUSE YOU KNOW I LOVE TO DO IT TO PEEVE YOU DING DONGS OFF!Cursing
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 1:22:38 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

It is slightly annoying to correct incorrect answers. But they should not be discouraged, as most seem to be willing to learn when corrected.

Honestly, arguing over the value or "sensability" of a ruling is fine. Let's keep the personal critisms private, please.