RegisterDonateLogin

You can't win, but there are alternatives to drinking.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Imperial Base map question.... Options
seibermaki
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:18:14 AM
Groups: Member

My buddy(MAINEiac) and I were playing the Imperial Base map a few weeks ago, and this came up.

In the middle of the map there's a Security Control Room. In the diagrams below, A was his Palpatine on Throne. B was my Nomi Sunrider.

In the first diagram, we weren't sure if he could use Force Push or Lightning against me.

In the second diagram, we weren't sure if I could use Sever Force against him.

Notice the thin red line(wall) next to Palpatine on Throne.

Can anyone help us out?

and

Darth Percocet
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:30:35 AM

In diagram A, from my knowledge palp would not be able to use lightning or push against nomi, fore palp does not have LOS to nomi. Now if nomi had been at the next square over to the right, you would have LOS. When you take a corner from the square palp is in & you go to draw a line to nomi's square, then you'll see it goes through the wall. Only time you would be able to target someone around a wall like that would be if it was in range of the ability or f. power & it states that you can do it regardless of line of sight, just as long as the character is in range. Kohuun infestation is a perfect example, that is range & regardless of LOS. Also Sith Lightning would work, for that is range. But for force lightning, target rules apply.

In Diagram B, the same rule applies, nomi technically isnt adjacent to palp on throne because of the wall. If nomi were one square to the right she would then be adjacent to him. In the square she is in now, shes behind a way & is not adjacent. Same thing is if you were to draw a line you would be going right into the wall.

hope that helps
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:39:54 AM

Perc is correct.
apparently, you need line of sight for Lightning.
and for Nomis Sever to work, you have to be adjacent.
both diagrams work against the said abilities.
seibermaki
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:51:11 AM

k, that's pretty much what I thought.

I think the issue was that the one corner that PalpatineThrone occupies that is next to the wall and has the open space(since the door is open) near it.

That one corner we weren't sure if you counted line of sight from that corner or not, particularly since the red line that made up the "wall" was just that, a line as opposed to a box that runs along the perimeter of the wall graphic on the map.

I assume you guys have the map in question and can examine the detail better. The cell phone picture I took had some atrocious glare and whatnot.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:16:45 AM

Look at it like this, when you determain line of sight, you can be behind a wall & be able to target someone that is either out more, or along the wall, not behind it. So you can shoot & target down a wall, but not around it like that. If palp was moved over also 1 square, then he would have LOS on nomi.

Now we server force, being adjacent means you occupie a square next to the other character. Your square touching there square without anything interfearing.Seeing as how the wall runs through of them 2 squares touching, they arent adjacent.
seibermaki
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:31:56 AM

Gotcha! Yeah, it was causing some confusion. I don't recall what we did exactly, but I did try to avoid that corner as much as possible heh.