RegisterDonateLogin

Bluer than a Rutian Twi'lek on a cold day.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Grand Master Luke Skywalker VS 23 Younglings!!!
Choice Votes Statistics
Master Luke obliterates pitiful Younglings 20 52.631578 %
Younglings overwhelm the Grand Master 8 21.052631 %
Doesn't matter who wins - PURE AWESOMENESS 6 15.789473 %
Makes no sense, lost in confusion... 4 10.526315 %

Most Epic of All Battles Options
Nogo Nabelyk
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 12:56:02 PM
Groups: Member

This is pretty much self-explanatory. A single Grand Master Luke Skywalker takes on an angry swarm of 23 jedi wannabe's, AKA Younglings.

(please vote and comment)
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 1:44:40 PM

errrrr......
GMLS wins, but just barely.
heck, he cant make every save!
IG-108
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 2:09:38 PM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
errrrr......

And the younglings will probably barely make any hits.
I think it'd just be fun to see Luke slice through them all.
kenred2
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 2:42:03 PM

It's not even a battle at all... GMLS wins hands-down.... running 23 Younglings alone will be a disadvantage with their low +2 attack... you need to roll a crit on the die to hit Luke... and that 5% chance for them to hit Luke just wouldn't be enough... and even if they manage to hit Luke, all that wasted effort of rolling that 5% would be worthless since GMLS would have enough to Lightsaber Defense. Sorry, but it's not Epic in my opinion.... Younglings will get slaughtered
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 2:50:10 PM

IG-108 wrote:
errrrr......

Like father, like Son.LOL
StevenO
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 3:51:36 PM

Are we counting Gambit points as well? Luke should have no problem making Gambit before the Younglings and should be able to set up somewhere so he doesn't get surrounded and may only have to deal with a few Younglings at a time.

Now with each attack a Youngling should die. Sure there is a 1:400 chance Luke misses completely but I think about 93% of the time a Youngling will dies each time Luke takes a twin attack at it. With triple attack that should mean taking out three on his turn plus any that trigger Djem So.

Now each Younglings attack should average .5 points of damage each swing. More specifically there is a 5% chance of dealing 40 damage (2 damage) but a 75% chance Luke negates it with Lightsaber Defense plus a reroll. If I'm generous I'll say all the Youngling's FP get spent rerolling their attack which should double their damage output. Now when averaging 1 hp per attack it will take 150 attacks to bring down Luke. Assuming all 23 Younglings get a shot at Luke that means they could take him down during the seventh round IF they could all attack him (which isn't going to happen) and IF they all stay alive that long. IF you figure ten Younglings get a shot at Luke each round that means they need to last 15 rounds to take him out but with Luke taking out three Younglings each round it will only take him into the 8th round to clear them out so there is a clear victor here.

Now if you cut the number of Younglings down but give them some support including a possible death strike then things may start swinging towards the Younglings.
Xeonaught
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 3:52:58 PM

hey i have played this scenario and gmls got wasted.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 4:49:57 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

StevenO wrote:
Are we counting Gambit points as well? Luke should have no problem making Gambit before the Younglings and should be able to set up somewhere so he doesn't get surrounded and may only have to deal with a few Younglings at a time.

Now with each attack a Youngling should die. Sure there is a 1:400 chance Luke misses completely but I think about 93% of the time a Youngling will dies each time Luke takes a twin attack at it. With triple attack that should mean taking out three on his turn plus any that trigger Djem So.

Now each Younglings attack should average .5 points of damage each swing. More specifically there is a 5% chance of dealing 40 damage (2 damage) but a 75% chance Luke negates it with Lightsaber Defense plus a reroll. If I'm generous I'll say all the Youngling's FP get spent rerolling their attack which should double their damage output. Now when averaging 1 hp per attack it will take 150 attacks to bring down Luke. Assuming all 23 Younglings get a shot at Luke that means they could take him down during the seventh round IF they could all attack him (which isn't going to happen) and IF they all stay alive that long. IF you figure ten Younglings get a shot at Luke each round that means they need to last 15 rounds to take him out but with Luke taking out three Younglings each round it will only take him into the 8th round to clear them out so there is a clear victor here.

Now if you cut the number of Younglings down but give them some support including a possible death strike then things may start swinging towards the Younglings.

Luke wouldn't take out 3 Younglings per round unless the Youngling player was dumb enough to leave them all clumped together. Luke is only going to attack 1 per round plus kill any that happen to attack him.

Let's be generous and assume that 11 Younglings get to Luke per round. So that means 22 actually attack before dying. With a force point each, that's 44 attacks total. Expected number of hits... about 2. GMLS would likely block 1, and possibly both.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 7:49:37 PM

i just cant see them younglings doing any damage. i dont doubt what Xeno is saying, but there had to be some extenuating circumstances to make those hits....like a loaded diceScared
thanatos777
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 8:36:21 PM

How about Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Trainer and 18 younglings?LOL
IG-108
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 2:21:45 AM

IG-108 wrote:
errrrr......

Like father, like Son.LOL

Indeed. BigGrin
StevenO
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 6:44:07 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:

Luke wouldn't take out 3 Younglings per round unless the Youngling player was dumb enough to leave them all clumped together. Luke is only going to attack 1 per round plus kill any that happen to attack him.

Let's be generous and assume that 11 Younglings get to Luke per round. So that means 22 actually attack before dying. With a force point each, that's 44 attacks total. Expected number of hits... about 2. GMLS would likely block 1, and possibly both.

Unless the Younglings attack Luke and thus get into melee range there is NO WAY they could ever win. Luke should be collecting Gambit before they get there and only needs to kill a couple to build a lead otherwise. After that all he needs to do is let them come to him.

It is interesting that you assume 11 Younglings can get to Luke each round but Luke isn't going to be able to take out 3 Younglings. Please tell me how how 11 Youngling which are all melee can possibly attack Luke without leaving most if not all of the eight squares which could be open around Luke filled?

While getting Luke backed into a corner would reduce this number and some "lucky" Youngling may fall to Djem So the most Youngling which can typically get at Luke in a given round will be eight to fill all the surrounding spaces. Now if all eight use their FP to reroll their attack that means 16 chances at get 20s; playing the odds means that fewer than one will hit and then Luke as a 75% chance of negating that hit using Lightsaber Defense and a FP to reroll if needed. When Luke's turn comes up he gets to eliminate three of those Younglings which could then be replaced by those waiting but now you still have five Younglings around Luke who have no FP to spend rerolling so now there are only 11 attack rolls to worry about. I guess your Youngling who started next to Luke could take their attacks and then move away but each of them will trigger an AoO which should kill them meaning Luke can easily kill EIGHT Younglings each turn; even if those five dead Younglings are replaced with FP spending replacements that is just another 10 attack rolls so now Luke is only looking at 21 attack rolls this turn which should yield one hit but that hit has that big chance at being negated.
Roque Saber
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2009 2:41:02 PM

The Younglings should be thankful that Luke doesn't have Sweep or Repulse...