RegisterDonateLogin

Will grant you clairvoyance enough to find the Rebel's hidden fortress.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lots of Ruling Questions (Part 2) Options
BZNintendo
Posted: Saturday, February 2, 2019 8:31:49 PM
Groups: Member

Hello Bloomilk community,

I am here again after a long while of having asked a bunch of ruling questions the first time. Now I have built up a good amount again to hopefully get them all answered at the same time.

1st Question: Do commanders buff themselves with their own commander effects if it says Allies? Like General Riekan, does he give himself Evade and Mobile Attack since he is a ally of your squad?

2nd Question: Does Battle Droid Officer buff himself with Fire Control and gain +4? He is a non-unique Droid ally right? Would it only work if I have a second Battle Droid Officer and then it works since both buff each other?

3rd Question: For GENERAL SKYWALKER's commander effect. Does it mean that once a follower ends their turn within 6 squares of him they gain Momentum for the rest of the skirmish? Or is it only for next round only and if they want to use it again they have to keep ending their turn within 6 squares of him?

4th Question: How does Relay Orders work exactly? Is it like all your squad's commander effects rolled into one character and that character acts as if it has all the commander effects as once and can use all at once? For example a common combo I use is Imperial Officer, Mouse Droid, and AT-ST. I use the Mouse droid to copy the Imperial Officer's commander effect and act as if the Mouse Droid is a second Imperial Officer and use that commander effect to allow the non-unique follower (AT-ST) to make an immediate attack. This way if I have like 5 mouse droids and 1 Imperial Officer around I can make my AT-ST attack 7 times in one round, once for the AT-ST, once for the Imperial Officer and 5 more times with the Mouse Droids all copying the Imperial Officer's commander effect. Is this legal?

5th Question: Can YODA on KYBUCK use Galloping Attack during his full speed of 20? Since its an ability and not an attack that is being used. So for example could I have him move 10 squares and Galloping Attack someone and then keep going another 10? And can he move up to his full 20 squares and Galloping Attack someone on his 19th square movement?

6th Question: Can YODA on KYBUCK make his normal attack after having done a bunch of Galloping Attacks? So for example can he move 9 squares and during those 9 squares Galloping Attack 3 people and then end on his 10th square on a spot adjacent to a new enemy and make his normal attack on that new character?

7th Question: If the 6th question is true, then could YODA on KYBUCK make a normal attack against an enemy character who he Galloping Attacked that turn? So he moves around a character, Galloping Attacks them and then end his turn adjacent to that character and makes a normal attack? I know Galloping Attack says you cannot attack the same enemy twice but I am thinking that means you cannot use Galloping Attack twice on the same character and this excludes his normal attack.

8th Question: I know one rule is, that if a shooter is adjacent to an enemy then it cannot make a ranged attack against any other enemy that is not the adjacent enemy. But would this still apply for characters such as mouse droids? Or any character that has 0 damage since they are not really a threat then would they not count? Like if my Han Solo wanted to shot Vader from a distance but a Mouse droid from the imperial player is adjacent to my Han Solo then would Han Solo have no choice but to attack the Mouse Droid first and not Death Vader? Lets just say for this example I cannot simply just move Han Solo away from the Mouse Droid.

And that's all the questions I have built up over a long time of playing the game more with my friends who I taught the game to and these are some problems we were unsure about so I hope they can get answered so I can tell them all about it when we meet up to play next week.

Thanks

DarkDracul
Posted: Saturday, February 2, 2019 9:46:26 PM

1st Question: No, a character is not its own ally. If the commander effect say "Characters in your squad" or (including this character) then yes.

2nd Question: No, Battle Droid Officer is not his own ally. 2 Battle Droid Officers would buff each other.

3rd Question: Characters must end their move within 6 of GENERAL SKYWALKER or a character with Relay Orders to gain Momentum. However, if you have Booming Voice it's boardwide.

4th Question: Relay Orders only extends a Commander Effect 6 squares from the character with Relay Orders. It does not copy the Commander Effect. If you had 100 Mouse Droids your AT-ST would still only get 1 attack.

5th Question: YODA on KYBUCK can move 26 squares (20 with Speed 10 and 6 more with Master Speed) and use Galloping Attack.

6th Question: YODA on KYBUCK can move 10 squares or 16 squares with Master Speed and make his normal attack after having done a bunch of Galloping Attacks. He will get a Galloping Attack and then a normal attack on one enemy.

7th Question: He gets 1 Galloping Attack per adjacent enemy square he enters and then can make his normal attack on one enemy.

8th Question: A character cannot target or attack another non-adjacent enemy while an enemy is adjacent. If Han became adjacent to an enemy mouse droid he would have to shoot the Mouse before he could shoot Vader.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, February 2, 2019 10:02:30 PM

1) No. A character is not their own ally. Some commander effects do effect the commander themselves though, and will use the wording "Characters in your squad (Including this character)" instead. See Nom Anor for example.

2) A Battle Droid Officer cannot benefit from their own Fire Control, as a character is not their own ally. 2 BDOs would buff each other though.

3) No. When a CE applies to a character that ends their move, the benefit is only for the remainder of that turn.

4) Relay Orders allows you to check for a commander effect's range from that character as well as the commander themselves. It does not duplicate the commander effect.
So, using the Imperial Officer and a Mouse Droid as an example, when the Imperial Officer ends his turn, a non-unique follower within 6 squares of either the Officer or the Mouse Droid may make an immediate attack. When the Mouse Droid takes its turn, there is no attack as the Mouse Droid does not have a CE.

5) Yes.

6) Yes.

7) Yes. Your line of thought is correct.

These are part of the reasons why Yoda on Kybuck is a top-tier character.

8) If an enemy is adjacent, you can only attack adjacent enemies; How threatening a character is is not a game mechanic. The only way to get around it is if the enemy character does not count as adjacent despite its positioning, such as it is with the Force Spirits.
It is important to note too, that characters with 0 damage can still make attacks (and attacks of opportunity), and while in most situations this leads to a pointless dice roll, they still have the potential to do damage or cause other effects with the right buff.
BZNintendo
Posted: Sunday, February 3, 2019 1:37:18 PM

Thanks DarkDracul and EmporerDragon for your help. Really glad to clear these up. :)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, February 3, 2019 5:10:44 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

DarkDracul wrote:
3rd Question: Characters must end their move within 6 of GENERAL SKYWALKER or a character with Relay Orders to gain Momentum. However, if you have Booming Voice it's boardwide.

Booming Voice doesn't quite make the CE "boardwide". It has unlimited range, but you still have to be able to count distance from the commander to the affected ally. In other words, the CE won't go through closed doors since closed doors mean you can't count the distance between the pieces at all. So if you're using Booming Voice you can't keep the commander locked in a closed room in the back. You can keep them in the back, but the room has to be open. Although ironically Mas Amedda (the one with Booming Voice) could himself be in a closed room.

On the other hand, "boardwide" CEs (i.e. the ones that don't list any range limit to begin with) will go through closed doors.