RegisterDonateLogin

The Kyle Katarn of intergalactic dairy products.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Bad experience with Popularcollections.com Options
sdexam
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:37:07 AM
Groups: Member

Hi there, I would like to advise everyone not to purchase from Popularcollections.com and extremely beware of their pre-oreder. Also please remember DON't use Paypal as payment method as they will never ship out their product and stall their customers until the 45 days paypal protection. I am not sure how many people are trapped by them, but I will post this information to other forums that I know to avoid the lost of others.
I have reported that case to yahoo and see waiting for reply, I think that's same as stealing, isn't it? If there is other victims, please contact me. I assume we may work out something. Angry Angry
I will keep updating the information about the case, and hope no other victims will be found. Thanks.
AdmiralAckbar
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2009 1:55:46 AM

If they have yet to ship you should be able to get your money back from PayPal for failure to ship goods. Paypal should give you your money back and go after the site.
Anywho I hope it works out in your favor in the end.
Mickey
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2009 3:47:23 AM

Did you file a complaint with PayPal? I have always gotten my money back from stuff like this.
kenred2
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2009 4:53:36 AM

I've checked the website you've provided and it seems the domain does not exist. It seems that these potential scammers are abandoning the site.... if you paid through paypal, request that you file a complaint and full refund returned back to your account.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:14:57 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm pretty sure it's still there: http://www.popularcollections.com/
As I have preordered 2 cases of Galaxy at War, I'm hoping things will be ok.
I have purchased from them in the past, and although slow, they have always came thru in the end.
kenred2
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:18:48 AM

I copied the link from sdexam and there was no "s" after the ....collection.com on the link... perhaps that's why.
bigbro911
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2009 7:54:11 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's still there: http://www.popularcollections.com/
As I have preordered 2 cases of Galaxy at War, I'm hoping things will be ok.
I have purchased from them in the past, and although slow, they have always came thru in the end.

+1

SLOW...but always get my stuff in the end...
owaller3
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 4:41:04 AM

+1
Great prices if you are willing to wait. I typically get the cases a week to ten days after release.
madslaust
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 7:33:09 AM

That's apparently what the A&A minis players have as a total: http://aaminis.myfastforum.org/about2935.html
bigbro911
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 10:12:28 AM

I usually order my case from Popular Collections, and singles from Auggies/ebay. While I have always gotten my product from PC, it is a while to get it in hand.

For example, this is my timeline from ordering my case of Jedy Academy:

March 13th, paid 89.99 for the pre-order

June 30th, JA released

July 8th, I send PC an email asking for the status of my order (understanding there was a holiday involved)

July 9th, PC responds politely, stating they did not get all there order in, apologizes and says they will be sending one an emailing me a tracking number.

July 13th, case arrives (woot!!)

On the one hand, paying so early I have an expectation that I will get a quick turnaround once the set is released. However I got my case cheap, and while I had to wait (and wait for other releases too) I still got what I paid for. I continue to do business with them (have a case of GaW on preorder).
sdexam
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:21:36 AM

Thanks for everyone's reply, sorry for didn't show up as I was a bit busy before. I think I am too late to file the dispute with paypal I want to and learn the history of that website a bit late. Anyway at the moment I still haven't got nor my money back yet. But after my several email everyday, (They told that their mail box have some problem) they gave me a reply and promised will refund me within a few days (yes they did promised me before, and that's the second time)...

OK, this is my timeline from ordering my case of Jedy Academy:

May 6th, paid 200+ for the pre-order (2 Cases + other stuffs with shipping)

June 30th, JA released

July 2nd, I send PC an email asking when will they ship out the item and will they provide me the shipping info, PC replied very quick on that.

July 16th send PC another email asking for the status of my order with no reply and then send the similiar email 21st again.

July 21st PC responds and stated they did not get some items and I need to wait.

July 28th send PC another email asking for the status of my order again, and they give me a reply on 31st saying that they can't get the stuff and will issue the refund.

Then after that I have send them a lot emails, and PC have replied some (5:1), and promised will issue the refund after they fix their paypal account...

The last email from them is on Sep 8th, I really can't sure when will they issue the refund or will it never happen...

I will keep you guys update on that. Thanks for reading