RegisterDonateLogin

Crit to hit.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Coolecticon 2009 200pt Tournament in Owensboro, KY Options
Mickey
Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2009 10:10:31 AM
Groups: Member

Spry and his friend are riding with my son and I. He told me some prize support was being sent with Carl. All I can say is wow. I think there is going to be more than there was for regionals Woot
Dark_Jedi_21
Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2009 11:46:50 AM

Well there is going to be a ton of prize support. Besides the Case of GAW for the winner, Jim has provided us with a case of JA and a complete factory sealed set of IE. Plus there will be several more boosters of GAW and everone gets a free D20. ThumbsUp
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2009 9:28:26 PM

sounds great! I can't wait until saturday!!!
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Saturday, November 7, 2009 2:03:29 PM

Guy is was really nice getting up there and playing you all today! Mandolare da beast and I had a lot of fun, it we both agree that it was nice to final meet some of you guys face to face. We are both looking forward to meetups in the future, until then, keep gaming and good luck!

PS: For the guys that I played today, great games guys, I learned a lot form being there today, and the way you guys keep track of things was great!
Dark_Jedi_21
Posted: Saturday, November 7, 2009 2:23:43 PM

Coolecticon was a great success. We had 25 turnout for the 200 pt tournament today. Nathan Ferarro was the winner playing Lukes Snowspeeder Cannon. I will try to have a tournament report up soon.

Sith, Mandalore, it was great meeting you guys. Thanks for coming out to play. We hope to have you guys there again. A big thanks to everyone who came from out of town. BigGrin
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Saturday, November 7, 2009 3:04:13 PM

-Mandolare Da Beast wanted me to put this up since he is suspended from the forums-

"hey guys, i cant tell you how much fun i had today, it was just Awesome! i loved meeting people that i have been talking too for months now, it great to put a face to a name. Thanks Dark Jedi for keeping me and Sithy informed up til the event. Thanks Mickey for running Mandalorians the way that i would have (you did a bang up job.) Thanks Greentime for the Converstaion about the game, and all the other funny stuff we chatted about. Nightmare, i love the way you ran that lancer Pawn squad, i wish i had that sidious. Bob, AkA Squid, you killed me when you ran Twin Towers against me, i knew from the get go i was toast, no matter how many reserve rolls i hit. great way to run those B3s, very clever. to all the other guys, we might not have spoken much, but you were the friendliest group i have ever met and look forward to rockin with you fellas again real soon!"

PS: Please don't banned me from the forums, I am doing his because Beast is a good friend of mine and he deserves to be able to comment on this thread because we where both there.
Mickey
Posted: Sunday, November 8, 2009 2:13:30 AM

As always Jason, Dennis and the rest of the Owensboro crew put on an awesome event. It was great to meet even more people I have not talked to before. My son and I had alot of fun. We will plan to get back there again for the next big event ThumbsUp
Squid89
Posted: Monday, November 9, 2009 8:48:52 AM

Once again it was worth the drive to go to Owensboro - you guys really put together some high quality tourneys. Everything seemed to run so smoothly both for Tile Wars and the 200 tourney on Saturday. Thanks to Dark_Jedi and everyone else who helped and for such hospitality.

It was great to meet so many new people and get to catch up with some others I met at Regionals. Had some great matches against Sean (so many reserves!), Graham (Mr. Aggressive BigGrin ) , Shawn (I knew I should have put my Accurate shooter in like my first plan) and Tanner (thanks for taking my bad luck in rolls). I'm drawing a mental blank on Tile Wars right now to name all my opponents (Gray, Brandon, who else? - I'm sorry, must be getting too old) And to all the others I didn't play, it was great chatting and getting to be a super-geek for a weekend.

Hope we get to meet up again before too long.