Flies casual.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Star Wars Miniverse podcast, episode #4 Options
Chargers
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 6:13:30 AM
Groups: Member

mercenary_moose wrote:
BUDGET FRIENDLY RARES

Thanks, Moose, for posting these here. Good suggestions. As we'd PM'd, posting here is a good add-on to BHH's original question. In the podcast, we focused on the highest-rated figures that cost the least dollars. Posting your comments here adds to that without us stretching the topic out forever.

BountyHunterH wrote:
I actually pulled a GA Thrawn back when Universe came out (2 actually). Is it worth buying the IE Thrawn since I have the original one?

For $5, yes. Lower point figure with Opportunist (which comes in handy a LOT).

BountyHunterH wrote:
Is it worth begging my wife to buy Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter? ... To date I have passed on asking to buy it since I can get so many other figures I would like for the same price.

No. That's a lot of $ for one figure when you could add so many more to your collection and play fun.

Depending on your play setting: print a card of BF, BH and proxy another Boba figure on the map. You don't have to spend the big $ but can still see how he plays.

Or play on Vassal where you can select any figures to play.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:41:04 AM

If you want a boba get boba merc. The new Cad Bane can do about what BFBH can do with out the big D and AS. At 200 you can use Rieekan and the TBSV so Boba Merc is better than BFBH. BH is over costed unless you get the big D and run 2-3 bothans.
BountyHunterH
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:31:59 AM

I actually have Boba Fett Merc, so I am interested to hear about that. Who or what is big D? Isn't BFM a mando (maybe I'm thinking/have a different piece)?
mercenary_moose
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 3:32:37 PM

BountyHunterH wrote:
I actually have Boba Fett Merc, so I am interested to hear about that. Who or what is big D? Isn't BFM a mando (maybe I'm thinking/have a different piece)?

"The Big D" is Disintegration. If you nail someone with a 20 from BFBH, you may say to your opponent that "you just got hit by the Big D."

Boba Fett, Merc is Fringe. You are thinking of Boba Fett, Mercenary Commander.
BountyHunterH
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 9:24:38 AM

Moose - I never should have doubted you. I was thinking Merc Commander (which I have). I don't actually have BFM. I wondered if Big D was disintegration, but I wasn't sure.

Thanks for the update.