RegisterDonateLogin

Yes, yes. To Bloo Milk you listen.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Always Remember. And Please, Dont Ever Forget. Options
defender390
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 8:12:34 AM
Groups: Member

Well said, saber1, well said.

Never forget, never forgive, never relent.
markedman247
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 8:38:38 AM

I have no story to tell. I was sick that day in Charlotte, NC. I was working 2nd shift which meant it wasn't unreasonable to sleep through until noon. That's when I found out. Someone called me and talked with me about it. There was nothing to say. Words really couldn't do justice. How do you truly put into words the chaos of emotion. Silence would be the best as all words would run together into noise.

So, I sat and watched. And watched. I called my parents. I called whoever I could find. However, it was just another day at my job. Despite the heavy heart, the job went on. I wasn't there but no one changed the schedule. I don't forget as I still feel that hollowness inside. A sense of loss reminded by the scar in NYC.

Sorry for the ramble
Loda
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2009 3:02:50 AM

I was 6 when it happened so I didn't quite get it right away. I can rember the TV was on I didn't pay much attention to it though I did see the North tower smoking.

I went to my parent’s room and herd on the radio that a plane had crashed into North tower and then 10 minutes later the other plane hit the South tower.

I can remember asking if it was an accident more than once and being told "No Michael this isn't an accident".

I didn't hear about the pentagon or flight 93 until two days after. My Dad was working for United Airlines at the time, you can figure out where that went.

My prayers to all those who gave there lives that day.

We are One Nation Under God and we will never forget what happened on
September 11, 2001.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2009 9:11:45 AM

markedman247 wrote:
I have no story to tell. I was sick that day in Charlotte, NC. I was working 2nd shift which meant it wasn't unreasonable to sleep through until noon. That's when I found out. Someone called me and talked with me about it. There was nothing to say. Words really couldn't do justice. How do you truly put into words the chaos of emotion. Silence would be the best as all words would run together into noise.

So, I sat and watched. And watched. I called my parents. I called whoever I could find. However, it was just another day at my job. Despite the heavy heart, the job went on. I wasn't there but no one changed the schedule. I don't forget as I still feel that hollowness inside. A sense of loss reminded by the scar in NYC.

Sorry for the ramble

when one tells the truth, its never rambling.....