RegisterDonateLogin

I thought that Bloo Milk would be the end of me.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Measuring vs. squares Options
Boris
Posted: Sunday, April 7, 2019 4:20:23 PM
Groups: Member

So ... it’s been awhile but I’m back in the game semi-casually. In the last year, I’ve been playing a lot of game that require 4-10 inch measurement so I picked up a tray of measuring sticks. When I started this game back up, I’ve found the movement approach is even more clunky and irritating than I remember, probably as the result of time playing these other awesome games.

Tonight I got out my measuring sticks and just laid them over the map to try to visualize 6-inch movement over a variety of combos and it really got me thinking about how to use the measurement tools in conjunction with just counting squares. Running diagonally 6 inches is 5 full squares, not 3. That is huge! I guess I always knew that but visualizing it really made me conscious of it.

Has anyone else played with measurement and square counting together? I’m loving the legion 3x3 mats and thinking;g about using them for this game so the measurement is going to matter if/when I do.
donnie72191
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 12:52:42 PM
Groups: Member

never did that but it sounds like mech warrior the table top game from back in the day. i think that and mage knight both were very similar in that they would incorporate shit like the salt shaker as cover it was pretty cool!