RegisterDonateLogin

I would not eat them with some Wookiees. I do not like Bloo Milk and cookies!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight Options
psxjedi76
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2009 7:39:03 PM
Groups: Member

So if Grand Master Luke was to use a FP to use Lightsaber Defense and failed the save and was with in range of Leia Skywalker he would be allowed to use her CE to reroll the failed save one time. if he failed again he then could use Master of the Force 2 and reroll it one more time.

Could he choose to use the Second force point to instead reroll the failed save and choose to use Lightsaber Defense a New Time and that way if he failed Leia would allow him to re-roll the new Failed save once?

Just reading the FP it does not say once per turn or once per round it just says when hit by an attack,
Darth Percocet
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2009 9:05:01 PM

Im not 100% sure but i dont think it would work like this. When using LSD with him, if you miss the roll & reroll with Leia & miss that, then you would only have the option to reroll that save once more because once he misses the save, then the save from Leia the attack hits. After 2 failed LSD saves. To be able to use it twice in one turn like that would work like this, One luke misses the 2 LSD rolls (LSD itself & leia's reroll)then he would have to take the damage & if the attacker goes to attack again it would spark up a new attack so you would be able to use LSD on a second attack.

Basically LSD states that when hit by an attack this character makes a roll of 11 & takes no damage, so basically it states that your able to use it on that one attack, by failing both saves then he would have to take the damage to be able to use LSD once, then after that sequence of attack is over, a new sequence would start up again if the character hitting GMLS has extra,twin etc making it spark another sequence to be able to use LSD again.

In simple terms i think you can only use it one time per attack against him. Your able to LSD, reroll with leia, & if that still misses just reroll again from that. But on one single attack i dont think you can use it twice on 1 single attack because its made to only stop 1 attack. So to be able to use it again he would have to be getting attacked again..
psxjedi76
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2009 10:37:13 PM

that is what i thought but i wanted to be sure I posted the same question on WOTC and hope to get a confirm from nickname
Jester007
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:40:56 AM

Darth Percocet pretty much has it down. Just remember, GML spend FPs only twice during any given turn. So, if you use LSD on an attack with Leia nearby, here's how it would work in the OP's situation:

Let's say Canderous Ordo is attacking GML and hits with his first attack;

-GML spends a FP for LSD and fails the save

-Leia gives him a free re-roll, and GML still fails his save.

So now you have two options:

1) Spend another FP to re-roll the save (but then no longer able to spend FPs for the rest of the turn).

2) Let the hit do damage and keep the FP just incase Canderous gets another hit.

Even though GML is one bad a$$ beat stick, you still have to be judicious on how you spend his FPs. Especially when you have things like triple, twinning TBSVs running around.

Sincerely,
Jester007
Mandelmauler
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 1:15:48 PM

psxjedi76 wrote:
that is what i thought but i wanted to be sure I posted the same question on WOTC and hope to get a confirm from nickname

Did you search WOTC? I am very sure that it was asked previously and answered by Nickname.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 2:36:58 AM

yea i figured it went like that too, thanx for clearing it up jester. Basically read whats on a card & you find your answer except in some cases.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 6:31:36 AM

Just remember, if you have declared that you are using her CE, and you fail the save, you can reroll it with GMLS, up to 2 times.

"Each ally within 6 squares can reroll each failed save once."
The key words are "Each Failed Save". so everytime you fail a save, and are within 6, you get yer rerolls, and you can burn FPS to reroll again if needed.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 9:15:38 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
Just remember, if you have declared that you are using her CE, and you fail the save, you can reroll it with GMLS, up to 2 times.

"Each ally within 6 squares can reroll each failed save once."
The key words are "Each Failed Save". so everytime you fail a save, and are within 6, you get yer rerolls, and you can burn FPS to reroll again if needed.

But also remember too, if you spend the force points for LSD, you miss then leia allows you to reroll. If you miss that one & spend a force point to reroll again, your only able to reroll once when spending the force point fore leia's ce doesnt allow you to reroll a failed save when spending a force point to reroll. Only a named ability with a save roll needed your able to reroll the miss with leia once. But spending an additional force point to reroll again after both failed saves with only let you have 1 reroll, you wont get another from leia's CE..
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 9:18:56 AM

Yub Yub
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 9:29:05 AM

Im liking how i been dead on with answering questions lately, im about to stop writing the im not 100% sure because i been pretty right all the time, learned from the best (Sithborg - who i respect alot in this game, probably respect him more than any other player & i would consider a great guy) (Emperordragon - who i respect also, hes a really nice guy & explains in simple terms like i do) & (Jester007 - who is my buddy, we traded before & just a great guy) Also one of my favorite 2 people on here Madalore Da Beast & swinefeld & Durge Dude.. theres guys are close friends..
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 12:41:06 PM

yea, ive been picking my answers better lately too.
sharron
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:14:46 PM

Yub Yub

heeeees a big pig!!!!! you can be a big pig to HOI!!!
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:15:36 PM

sharron wrote:
Yub Yub

heeeees a big pig!!!!! you can be a big pig to HOI!!!

LOL LOL LOL