RegisterDonateLogin

Crack open a bottle of Tatooine's finest.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 151 - Shoto Lightsabers and Their Users Options
Aragorn Elessar
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2019 9:57:44 PM
Groups: Member

The idea of this week’s CCC is pretty simple: make any character that used shoto lightsaber (also known as short lightsaber or lightdagger) or guard shoto. This could be a well-known jedi like Yoda or Ashoka, or Black Sun syndicate Sinya, or dark jedi Namman Cha, or someone else. That's it.

Hope this challenge will be enough challenging, inspiring and fun for all of us. :)

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sun, May 5, 2019 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Sunday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, May 6, 2019.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 8:23:16 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Luke Skywalker, Jedi Blademaster
Here's my entry. The ability Shoto Lightsaber is meant to show the defensive advantage conferred by the shoto (especially against weapons like Lightwhips, but I also made it a counter to Suppressive Fire). Jar'Kai Style is an attempt to show the ability to block attacks and attack at the same time (Djem So) when you have two lightsabers.
Aragorn Elessar
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 8:51:50 PM

Sinya

My take on Sinya, Black Sun bodyguard, who, despite being not force-sensitive, used a pair of purple guard shotos.
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 4:30:07 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35725/yoda--padawan

Yoda, in his youth. Wanted to try a lower point little green guy.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 2:58:28 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30755/ahsoka-tano--padawan

That's a mini I made almost a year ago!! Any ideas on the cost???
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2019 9:04:39 AM

This character is meant to work with a larger Oceans 11-style squad from the Book Scoundrels. I called it "Han's 11" and it consists of Han and a bunch of random fringers he recruits for a heist. One of them is:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/18815/zerba-cherdak

Who uses a glitchy shoto to help him break into things.
jak
Posted: Friday, May 3, 2019 7:51:00 AM

Aragorn Elessar
Posted: Sunday, May 5, 2019 7:43:10 PM

1st - Gandalf - well balanced, with some original abilities, thematic - nice work!
2nd - Jak - interesting character with nice SFC ability.
3rd - General_Grievous - uncommon character with a couple of uncommon abilities.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, May 5, 2019 9:04:51 PM

jak- I love the KOTOR comics, cool choice of character and good representation of him. I especially like the Choke ability.

GG- Another great obscure character. I do think Breach should maybe replace attacks because in Episode I it took some time to cut a hole in a door, but I think it's a cool design.

Aragorn Elessar- Did I mention that I love your username? That aside another cool custom, though the second part of Guard Shoto seems superfluous since she has Melee Attack- you could just give her base 20 damage.

adamb0nd- Nice to see a young version of Yoda- being able to Leap away from enemies to set up a Throw at +12/40 is a cool combo, reminds me of Master Vandar.

AlexTheGreat- Good, thematic version of her. She'd fit pretty well with ObiKin to get her Synergy and RDE+4/ Soresu to go with Shien.

1. jak

2. adamb0nd

3. AlexTheGreat
jak
Posted: Monday, May 6, 2019 5:28:47 AM

I do love the ShotoCool

#1-Gandalf
#2-Adam
#3-General G

Woot
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, May 6, 2019 6:03:47 AM

1 Gandalf
2 Alex
3Jak
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Monday, May 6, 2019 7:43:23 AM

1 Jak

2 GG

3 Aragon Elessar (nice name man!!!)
Aragorn Elessar
Posted: Monday, May 6, 2019 7:53:06 PM

Should we wait until General_Grievous votes?
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, May 6, 2019 11:48:27 PM

Sorry for the late posting, been busy night on the Ambulance. But here is my vote, though I think it goes along with the consensus:

Gandalf, very cool Shoto-specific abilities and it's another cool version of Luke!

Alex, Ahsoka is awesome and your version is her best Clone Wars version yet. We need this piece.

Aragorn, cool character I did not remember existed. And interesting take here on the not attacking bonus.

Jak, Sith force choke alone is very very interesting. Only thing I may have added is self-reliant to avoid potentially giving this guy auto-kill force power with ally force point fuel. But really interesting power.

Adam, simple combat-orientated Yoda, shouldn't he be Old Republic technically if he's young here? Haha

3rd Aragorn
2nd Alex
1st Gandalf
Aragorn Elessar
Posted: Tuesday, May 7, 2019 3:24:06 AM

1st place - Gandalf - 12 pts
2nd place - jak - 9 points
3rd place - AlexTheGreat - 5 points
4th place - General_Grievous/Adamb0nd - 4 points
5th place - Aragorn Elessar - 2 points

Thank you all for participating!