I'll be there
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, June 2, 2019 6:54:03 AM
Groups: Member

I got the request off work. I’ll be there
UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, June 2, 2019 7:48:04 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

J and I will be there. I believe Lillian will be coming, as well.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, June 8, 2019 2:02:38 PM

8 players.

Top 4

Jason
Laura
Lillian
Tim B.

Finals

Laura vs Jason

Laura wins the Wisconsin Regional with Emperor-Vader.
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, June 8, 2019 3:37:18 PM

Congrats! Vader is amazing! Would be very curious to see the rest of the squad. As a vader user myself. Love it
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, June 8, 2019 3:42:28 PM

Vader of Lothal
100 pt sid
Death Trooper
Kylo Ren
Droopy McCool
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, June 8, 2019 4:19:45 PM

UrbanShmi wrote:
Vader of Lothal
100 pt sid
Death Trooper
Kylo Ren
Droopy McCool

Droopy is a great addition
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, June 8, 2019 6:31:44 PM

Congrats Laura!

What else was played?
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, June 8, 2019 7:15:36 PM

Jason--AoL with Satele (my Vassal Regional squad)

Lillian--Weequay Mercs with Rieeken, TBSV, Han STA, and Dryden Vos

Tim B--Rogue One Marines

Logan--Imperials, not sure what exactly

Drew--Rebels with Resistance Spy Droid

Steven--Baras/Plagueis/Caedus

Chargers--Lucien Draay w/ WEWs

ETA: Not in finishing order.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:58:56 AM

Congrats to Laura on her long overdue and well deserved first regional win!

Losing to the regional champion juggernaut Jason (aka her husband) in Swiss then beating him in the finals makes it all the sweeter. Jason never takes it easy on Laura, I know they’ve faced off in the finals before at least once with Jason winning. Laura, you are a master squad builder and excellent player. Glad you’ve joined the ranks of regional champions!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, June 9, 2019 8:44:54 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Congrats to Laura on her long overdue and well deserved first regional win!

Losing to the regional champion juggernaut Jason (aka her husband) in Swiss then beating him in the finals makes it all the sweeter. Jason never takes it easy on Laura, I know they’ve faced off in the finals before at least once with Jason winning. Laura, you are a master squad builder and excellent player. Glad you’ve joined the ranks of regional champions!

Thanks for your kind words, Tim!

J and I had practiced the match up, so I knew I COULD beat him, but so many things go into making a championship win. My dice were good most of the day, which definitely mattered.
I rolled a crit against Naarkon that wound up being huge . I won map every game but one. And I managed to get past Lillian, who was running a tough squad that could really have hurt me.

After winning, I really realize that anyone in the room can do very well given the right set of circumstances. That's not to minimize the accomplishment, but just to note all the superb players we have in the game right now.
jak
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2019 4:05:11 AM

Nice job, Laura!ThumpUp Now we know who wears the pants in your familyThumbsUp
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2019 10:15:14 AM

J says I have to post a play report, so here goes:

Rd 1: I played Tim (Chargers). He was running an OR squad with Lucien Draay and three Wookiee Elite Warriors. I won map. This was a pretty uphill match for Tim, as I could just Lightning his wookiees with Sid and used the rest of the squad to take out the Covenant Councilor and Lucien Draay. He killed the Death Trooper, but that was all. 3-pt win.

Rd 2: I played Jason with In the Army Now. My dice didn't cooperate in this match, but it really came down to me making
a mistake and exposing my Vader early on. Satele put 50 damage on him and it was downhill from there. I did take out Satele and some of his other pieces, but I took heavy losses in the process. 1-pt loss.

Rd 3: I played Naarkon with his Sith squad. Once again, I won map. Steven barely outactivated me, 6 to 5. He ran Plagueis in and Chain Lightninged, doing 30 damage to my whole squad (Kylo only took 20 because of his armor). I was able to kill Plagueis, but he brought Caedus up and moved my squad around, including moving the Emperor next to Vergere and severing force. That hurt the squad a lot, but I was able to come back with attacks against Caedus, including a crit that killed him. I also used the Emperor to kill Vergere. I focused my attacks on Baras, eventually eating through the Protection to kill him. 3-pt win.

I had 7 pts going into the cut, good enough for second place, so in the semis I played against Lillian. She was running Weequay Mercenaries in Rebels with various commanders. I won map again, and she set up on the side with the long room (Modular Base). This was a tight match, but I managed to winby taking out her weequays bit by bit and moving the action toward her back court, keeping Droopy in gambit. Toward the end, I was able to run Vader over with a surprise move, then move adjacent to Han, eventually killing both him and the TBSV. At that point, there was little Lillian could do brsides throw her other commanders at my squad. I wound up winning on gambit.
The finals were a rematch against Jason. We playeecom Cantuna, and I set up on the bar side , with Droopy holding thr middle door open. In the second round, I moved my squad into the center room, leading with Sid to take advantage of his parry. J ran Satele up and put some damage on Vader again, and I surprise attacked her at the top of the round, but her intuitioned away and took a total of I think 40 from attacks and AOOs. Then I used the Emperor to Lightning her, taking her down to 10 hp. And activating her. J moved the Lord and the Training Sergeant up next to the Emperor, who put some damage on the Training Sergeant through bubble. Between my three main attackers (J wisely went right after my bodyguard), I managed to kill his AoL guys, including the Consular. Then I went after Satele, Lightninging her to death. At that point, it was Farfalla vs. Sid, and it was just a matter of time before I claimed victory.

As I said earlier, a lot of things had to go tight for me to win on Saturday. All of my opponents played great, but the Force was definitely with me. Thanks to Tim and the Kryptonite folks for hosting. A great time was had by all, as always.