RegisterDonateLogin

That thing's operational!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Downloaded Vassal on new computer - missing random pieces Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2019 8:53:13 AM
Groups: Member

Got a new computer (thank god), and I went from step 1 to install Vassal. I installed vassal no problem, I also installed the SWM module easily. I installed both the extensions for vsets (1-10, 11-15), but when I went to pull my squad for the vassal tournament, random characters were missing. And I mean random.

For example - Poe Dameron is there (TFA, subset 12), but BB-8 is missing (also TFA subset 12)

Snap Wexly is there (UA set 15 main) but all my characters from GA set 13 main (General Leia, Han + Chewie with Bowcaster) are missing.

What do I do?
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2019 9:02:27 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I believe the missing characters are those that come before J alphabetically. TJ and I had the same problem last night. He wound up just using proxies and adjusting them on the fly.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2019 10:10:32 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:
I believe the missing characters are those that come before J alphabetically. TJ and I had the same problem last night. He wound up just using proxies and adjusting them on the fly.

weird

Ill shoot Trevor a message
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2019 10:28:28 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

TimmerB123 wrote:
Got a new computer (thank god), and I went from step 1 to install Vassal. I installed vassal no problem, I also installed the SWM module easily. I installed both the extensions for vsets (1-10, 11-15), but when I went to pull my squad for the vassal tournament, random characters were missing. And I mean random.

For example - Poe Dameron is there (TFA, subset 12), but BB-8 is missing (also TFA subset 12)

Snap Wexly is there (UA set 15 main) but all my characters from GA set 13 main (General Leia, Han + Chewie with Bowcaster) are missing.

What do I do?

Yeah, I just used proxies as usual, but it's a strange thing how some of them are missing.

My issue with Vassal setup was that I didn't have the appropriate JRE (Java Runtime Environment) due to an OS re-install. Vassal requires an older JRE, and Java recently changed where/how you download so Vassal doesn't automatically download the correct JRE for you like it used to. If you just go download the latest JRE, Vassal won't run with it. Maybe it could with some extra configuration, but not by default. You need JRE 8, but I had to create an account at Oracle before they let me get the free download. (They let me download the current version without creating an account.)
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2019 11:51:36 AM

I chatted briefly with Trevor about it. Luckily it’s only in the new republic.

I haven't updated to Mojave yet so maybe I lucked out with the java thing