RegisterDonateLogin

Lock the door, and hope they don't have straws.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 166 - Outwit Out-Activate and Swap Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:39:27 PM
Groups: Member

Alright normally we sit in a peaceful bubble of creativity in the customs forum aside from any major stuff that goes on elsewhere, but I'm interested in seeing some of the creative minds here take on the out-activate and Swap theme that has been in the limelight lately. However you choose to build this is your call, low cost Lobot tech or high cost faction-specific one it's your call. But design a piece that is the rock to Out-activate and swaps scissors.

With that vague description good luck!

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Saturday, August 17th, 2019 @8pm EDT to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EDT on Monday, August 19th, 2019.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:21:42 PM

Any excuse to make a Sidious, am I right?

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/36010/darth-sidious--sith-tactician

So Sidious can opt to go last and pawn a Vader to his bidding last as well.
Master Tactician gives him a chance to go first as well. But with Vader of Lothal and his 8 Speed you might be able to base and twin at the end and then surprise attack with twin at the beginning of the round. If you do win init then he can go again, or Sid can try to activate with lightning 4. Or you can even Pawn someone twice. first to run 16 squares, second to attack with twin so you can surprise attack at the beginning of the round and then hipefully win init and twin again! thats 120 damage.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:45:42 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Caedus
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:29:04 PM

General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 10:18:14 PM

An entry to simultaneously provide desperately needed help for Huges while countering the classic strategy of out-activate and swap:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/36017/pilot-battle-droid
kiki
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 6:51:12 PM

General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 11:36:04 PM

Jen, a lot going on here with four new wordy abilities. I think Emperor is to game-breaking and is essentially a stronger Bastilla with no cost. Sith Tactician is essentially an optional Munn tactics broker which is interesting but not sure if it's the out-activate game as it seems to go more after Master Tactician. I do really like Battle Tactics and the Master/POTDS combo.

Kiki, I like the simple low-cost mechanic you have going on here and it definitely helps with the issue.

Gandalf, I really like the creativity here. Being able to get that extra turn combined with the master speed/leap Twin is thematically a hit and a cool counter. My only thought is the timing of the Neutral ability, it happens when the attack is declared but not yet made? What if this character was the recipient of the attack and it moves? Can it choose someone else? Does it get to finish the attack if defeated? Anyways questions aside solid idea here.

Caedus, Master of Fear is straight-forward, costed-well and fits this week's bill perfectly, great job!

3rd Kiki
2nd Gandalf
1st Caedus
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 12:20:28 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

@GG, I imagine you'd probably just check again if the target is still a legal target after the Council Member's immediate turn.

1. GG- Well balanced, thematic, and definitely hits the target (hurting act control).

2. jen'ari- He does look like a little much, and has a lot of abilities, but he hits act control and swap pretty hard.

3. Caedus- Doesn't seem like it would be worth a 60pt character's turn and 4fp just to turn off swap for non-Uniques and act control.

kiki- The counter is a little bit too broad- it hurts any movement breaker, not especially swap, and doesn't do anything to act control. Also, swap will probably be able to play around it as they tend to swap while not in line of sight and then move into LOS to attack.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 3:57:45 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
I think Emperor is to game-breaking and is essentially a stronger Bastilla with no cost.

Emperor shuts off allied commander effects. So you can't have any other commander effects in your squad.

General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:14:19 AM

jen'ari wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
I think Emperor is to game-breaking and is essentially a stronger Bastilla with no cost.

Emperor shuts off allied commander effects. So you can't have any other commander effects in your squad.

It definitely prevents from stacking Commander effects on your own squad but I don't think shutting down a commander every round for no cost or risk to the character doing it is the best approach. Bastilla did that with ABM and it just shifts more things away from CEs or creates more counters to counters. Even True Emperor forces Palpatine to get into the fray a bit.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 12:02:19 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

It definitely prevents from stacking Commander effects on your own squad but I don't think shutting down a commander every round for no cost or risk to the character doing it is the best approach. Bastilla did that with ABM and it just shifts more things away from CEs or creates more counters to counters. Even True Emperor forces Palpatine to get into the fray a bit.

I guess i would say. What is the build that is so devastating?
kiki
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 1:31:35 PM

1. GG

2. Jen'ari

3. Gandalf
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:44:41 PM

1. Caedus - Morrigan gets hurt by the high defense, Boba by Shien. The stop on non-unique swap is pretty fun.

2. kiki - Political intel is great but it will not have the crazy effect needed. Boba is out and about shooting, gets swapped with a piece in the back. Boba takes 20 and is at 90 life. I do love the design though and would love to see it against levitation. I think you would have to reword it. Can you imagine the opponent Sith Battle Manipulating your squad and the all of them taking 20? Maybe it should say "eif an enemy"?

3. General Grievous - I dont think that this will work for the sole fact that no one (hardly no one) plays huges. It pretty much makes you play huges and for it to work you have to replace turn..... So you have to get in position. I think it is a cool idea, just not enough to deter out activate and swap

Gandalf - I don't think the piece is strong enough to be considered a counter. What happens if the piece targeting him is across the board? If he loses Neutral at that point then the piece saved one round and you did not get to do any damage
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 9:43:26 PM

Just waiting on Caedus but as it stands it he and I are tied at 7, but you need to vote to win so I'll wait until tomorrow morning and if he hasn't voted by then, I'll post up a new one. Cool ideas this week though and a lot of different ideas on counters.
Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 3:53:08 AM

1. Grievous

2. Jen'ari

3. Kiki