RegisterDonateLogin

Has a life-debt to George Lucas.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

mara jade, jedi Options
slvader77
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:59:02 AM
Groups: Member

Does Mara Jade have to be adjacent to use lightsaber assault/twin attack for the four attacks, or can she combine range with lightsaber assault with twin?
thanks for the help on this one

swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:06:33 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

slvader77 wrote:
Does Mara Jade have to be adjacent to use lightsaber assault/twin attack for the four attacks, or can she combine range with lightsaber assault with twin?
thanks for the help on this one

Yes, the Glossary entry for Lightsaber Assault specifically states that it is used against an adjacent enemy.

imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:06:33 AM

You have to check the full definition of Lightsaber Assault to understand it fully.
(it has to be an adjacent target)

The card is misleading. BlooMilk
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:47:31 AM

it was my understanding that Maras LS assault was ranged and melee, because she is a shooter. thats what i was told a month ago on this forum.
Warlord_Hett
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:21:04 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
it was my understanding that Maras LS assault was ranged and melee, because she is a shooter. thats what i was told a month ago on this forum.

it still counts as a non-melee attack for things like lightsaber deflect, but the ability can only be used against an adjacent enemy as stated in the glossary definition.
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 10:02:30 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:

That is correct. However, Lightsaber Assault's FULL defination states that you make 2 attacks against adjacent enemies.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 10:45:34 AM

Yea we had this question about other characters as well as mara jade jedi before. Even though she doesnt have the Melee SA, Lightsaber assult is a force power that attacks adjacent enemies only. & as mentioned before in this thread, you can Deflect it or Reflect it, you arent able to block it for even though LSA is an adjacent force power, Mara Jade Jedi herself doesnt have melee so you arent able to LS Block her LSA. its wierd i know when you think about it, it makes sense.

Even though she would recieve the LS+10 SA when hitting an adjacent enemy, it still doesnt give her the Melee Attack Special Ability, so wherever she is, weither it be adjacent or ranged, she never is Melee Attack. Even with LS+10 or LSA. & Again LSA itself is an adjacent force power. So just because Mara Jade Jedi doesnt have melee, the ability itself is adjacent..
Jester007
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:22:52 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
Even though she would recieve the LS+10 SA when hitting an adjacent enemy, it still doesnt give her the Melee Attack Special Ability, so wherever she is, weither it be adjacent or ranged, she never is Melee Attack. Even with LS+10 or LSA. & Again LSA itself is an adjacent force power. So just because Mara Jade Jedi doesnt have melee, the ability itself is adjacent..

She basically waves the lightsaber in your face and says, "Look, a unicorn!" as a distraction so she can blast you in the face with her pistol. Weird, but it works!!

Sincerely,
Jester007
kezzamachine
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 1:49:11 PM

A Unicorn?! Where?!

Flapper