RegisterDonateLogin

Come on, Snips.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Favorite EU Charaters Options
cassekiel
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 11:41:58 AM
Groups: Member

I'm not gonna lie. I'm kind of relieved that the final Saga film is coming out. Only because it will finally be over. The past four years have been kind of terrible for me as a Star Wars fan. I liked Rogue One and Solo was OK as is the Mandalorian but Episodes 7 and 8 were a terrible disappointment for me. I mean no offense to those who like them, I just don't.

That said I thought it might be kind of fun for fans of the EU to celebrate their favorite characters. Maybe your top ten or something... whatever you want. I will start with mine and if the post gets going maybe we can have fun celebrating the the Expanded Universe that we love. That is really the only way to keep it alive, right?

Here goes, not really in order

1. Kyle Katarn
2. The Jedi Exile
3. Rohlan Dyre
4. Jarael
5. Master K'Kruhk
6. Darth Nihilus
7. Nomi Sunrider
8. Zayne Carrick
9. Dass Jennir
10. Mara Jade

Ok, I reserve the right to change this list later when I think of others...........BigGrin

Obviously I am a big OR fan
darthwhovian
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2019 3:48:46 AM

I agree that the disney era of star wars has been hard for me as well. However ultimately I believe that ANY star wars is good star wars (mostly, Holiday special I'm looking at you!). That said I believe Rise will be the best of the new trilogy as was Revenge was the best of the prequels. As far as EU/Legends goes it is probably what I enjoy most. so here are my current favourites:

1-Darth Bane: so want more on him, cannot get enough info on this guy! He is and probably will always be my absolute favorite in all of SW

2-Talon Karde: a great character, love his whole persona

3-Revan: since KoToR have been enthralled

4-Darth Krayt & Darth Wyyrlok III: the One sith is a great period and was sorry when it was done

5-HK-47: best droid character EVER! meatbags lol

6- Darth Malgus: another awesome sith character

cassekiel
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2019 8:49:54 AM

HK47 is awesome. I think K2SO was a toned down version of him. Sometimes if I need a laugh I search YouTube for HK quote compilations.

Talon Karrde is great, he was actually in my thoughts when making my list.

At some point I am going to have to read the Darth Bane books and force myself to play TOR. I don't like playing games on PC that much and MMOs are not my favorite...but I want to. Also need to finish up Revan's story.

Darth Krayt was a pretty interesting character and had a lot of good back story as Hett. I remember Wyyrlok III but might have to re-read LOTF as I have heard a lot of people really like him but I don't remember much about his character.

Thanks for commentingBigGrin