RegisterDonateLogin

The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC week 177 - video game character Options
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 11:59:05 AM
Groups: Member

Hello guys!!! This year I was quite displeased with Disney's Star Wars as I was since it's acquisition in 2012 that saw the end of many beloved EU stories and characters. But, IMO the past November hope came up once again with Jedi Fallen Order video game. So for this week's CCC your challenge is to make your beloved character from a SW video game. It will be a 2 week CCC so take your time and have fun! And please keep it WOTC standard, simple and effective! May the force be with you all!!!

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Saturday, January 11th, 2020 @8pm EDT to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EDT on Monday, January 13th, 2020.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 12:23:47 PM

To honor the game that gave me a new hope for SW, there is my character...

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/37123/cal-kestis
kiki
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 9:06:58 PM

General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 12:18:43 AM

Awesome idea! I have been playing through the game for a week now and already been tweaking ideas on Fallen Order minis. I would like to thing WOTC would have done for Fallen Order what they did for Force Unleashed back in the day. So here is my different take on the protagonists:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/37291/cal-kestis-and-bd-1
adamb0nd
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 7:28:21 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

CorranHornsux123
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 2:32:51 PM

Here is my entry this week. I always love Calo from KOTOR but thought his original piece was pretty bad so here is my take on the smart mouth bounty hunter.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/15092/calo-nord--hired-bounty-hunter
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2020 12:21:45 AM

adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 5:44:47 AM

The dates wrong on the top post. Voting is next week?
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 12:30:35 PM

No it should be today, I'll try and get my votes in at some point! Hard to pick this week though.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 1:37:17 PM

Well as a host I believe that I should start the voting process so...

1 gandalf - You had the most wotc piece of this 2 weekd ccc, and a really good one. Good job

2 kiki - I loved your Cere! She looks exactly as she was at the end of the game. Great abilities, nicely costed!

3 GG - I never thought of creating a double mini of cal and bd -1 but you did it perfectly. I believe it was hard but you did great and also gave me an idea of making one of my own!
kiki
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 1:46:09 PM

1. adam

2. gandalf

3. AlexTheGreat
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 4:36:03 PM

1. GG

2. Kiki

3. Adam
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 6:03:42 PM

Alex, I'm so into Fallen Order right now so a bit biased and I love the WOTC direction you took with this character, really feels like him in the early parts of the game and great job. Only question I have is It's A Trap and what it represents?

Kiki, great job on the master, lots of abilities but some great theme.

Adam, Dash is one of my original favourites from back in the day and I have always wanted to see a more weapons orientated pieces, this is the Dash we needed, excellent.

CHS, the 50ish fringe shooter range is dominated by the Fetts and Cad Bane, but there is a new contender with your piece. And different enough from those to find a niche.

Gandalf, cool and simple brother good stuff

3rd CHS
2nd Alex
1st Adam
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 6:07:08 PM

1. General Grievous

2. adamb0nd

3. AlexTheGreat
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 2:02:08 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Alex, I'm so into Fallen Order right now so a bit biased and I love the WOTC direction you took with this character, really feels like him in the early parts of the game and great job. Only question I have is It's A Trap and what it represents?

Kiki, great job on the master, lots of abilities but some great theme.

Adam, Dash is one of my original favourites from back in the day and I have always wanted to see a more weapons orientated pieces, this is the Dash we needed, excellent.

CHS, the 50ish fringe shooter range is dominated by the Fetts and Cad Bane, but there is a new contender with your piece. And different enough from those to find a niche.

Gandalf, cool and simple brother good stuff

3rd CHS
2nd Alex
1st Adam

Well, it was meant to represent his psycometry ability. I just couldn't figure out anything else. If you have any idea please share???
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 5:35:05 AM

1. Corran
2. Gandalf
3. Alex
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 8:24:35 AM

Ok that makes sense Alex, it's s tricky ability on the best of days let alone translating into a combat game and it hasn't been done yet either. Looks like the winner is Adam! Congratulations dude, narrowly beat out the Fallen Order minis. Post up the next two week adventure!