RegisterDonateLogin

Always shoots first.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lots of Rules Questions Part 5 Options
BZNintendo
Posted: Saturday, February 1, 2020 12:33:02 PM
Groups: Member

Hello everyone, back here again with more new questions that me and my friends have built up ever since my last post. Would appreciate any help with answering these, thanks everyone!

1) If General Kenobi is adjacent to his target and uses force push 3 does he also take 30 damage because it says all adjacent characters? Including him?

2) Can force lighting / grenades be bent around corners? Like for example if I have Palpatine behind one corner and an enemy around another corner, could Palpatine use force lighting and count 6 squares in an L shape to hit that enemy even though he can't see them around that corner but still reach them with force lighting?

3) If let's say I build my squad with Han Solo, Captain of the Millennium Falcon and include some non-uniques. I know this Commander effect won't work because I need to have only unique characters. But let's say all my non-uniques get defeated. Could I then use Han's commander effect to roll twice for initiative now that my squad only has unique characters left in it? Or can I never use it since I started off the squad with non-uniques.

4) If Emperor Palpatine is contained in a room with no open doors, do allies still have access to his force points from his Commander effect or no?

5) Does taction+6 and taction +4 stack since they are a different names?

6) If I use Imperial Inquisitor to Turn to the Dark Side Count Dooku, Separatist Leader and get him into my Empire squad. Would I get his reinforcements if I get the roll? Or would it not work since the reinforcements are a different faction?

7) Can I use Turn to the Dark Side to convert a Dooku from my opponents squad if I have already have Dooku in my squad since they are both the same character? How would that work also for characters with betrayal if they join a squad that already has a unique character of the same name?

8) Does ASN Assassin Droid's Kouhun Infestation go through walls since it says ignore line of sight?
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, February 1, 2020 7:28:57 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

1. Yes, it damages him. (He doesn't move though.)

2. No, the enemy needs to be a legal target for Force Lightning and Grenades.

3. Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure that defeated characters still count as being in your squad for the purposes of effects like this, so you would not be able to use the commander effect.

4. Yes. His commander effect does not have a range so allies are subject to it regardless of whether they can count distance to him, as long as they meet the restrictions. This is in contrast to range 2/4/6 commander effects which must always be able count distance from the commander/Relay Orders to the beneficiary, even if they have unlimited range via Booming Voice. (Unlimited range is not the same as no range.)

5. No, they do not stack. They actually do have the same name (Tactician) but provide a different bonus (+4 or +6).

6. No, you would not get Reserves. Reserves counts as "delayed squadbuilding" and must follow the faction rules, Unique, Rival etc.

7. Yes, you could convert another Dooku with TTTDS or another duplicate character with Betrayal. Unique, Rival, and faction restrictions affect squadbuilding, but not Betrayal, TTTDS or other similar abilities.

8. No, it does not ignore walls, only line of sight. You must still count 12 squares not obstructed by walls/closed doors.