Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galaxy at War Previews Options
Darth Sarcasim
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 4:53:42 PM
Groups: Member

Lachesis wrote:
saber1 wrote:
Lachesis wrote:
i hate kid friendly star wars. And i hate old foogie 4-6 fanboys ( fangrandpas?)

EU is where StarWars WILL END UP, get use to it. and i hate this game 2/3 sets a year.

Hate? Hate? Feel free to disagree with them, but hate is a very strong (and unwarranted) word.

no my hate is completely warranted, kids are just an excuse for Lucas to get more money, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. and I'm sick of all the old guys, saying " yar dar Luke Skywalker dar yar Han solo, in my world, Chewbacca gets killed by a moon, and Boba Fett escapes the sarlacc pit

God forbid people making money... what has this capitalistic Economy turned us all into!!!!!!!
DarthLegend
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:13:11 PM

"14, but she is not over powered, if you watched the show you would see that see is pretty balanced. "

she's not a balanced character...she's made up !!!C.W. and I.E. i was able to deal with kinda ! then J.A came out and im like WTF ! all of these pieces have FORCE STEROIDS ! almost every piece is jacked up way more than they should. now OBI has a jet-pack to have flight, just to make the piece even more cheap, as if it wasnt already from the starter set. and "COMMANDER" AHSOKA, she was just made 7 months ago and she already got a promotion! i have been at my job for 2 years and i still have to bust my ass for a raise !! with her B.S stats ! i've been saying and now it is legit and a true fact...MINIS is dead !! THE AGE OF JUICE in the minis world is here !!! MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU !!!!
NeverTellMeTheOdds
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:27:13 PM

mr. Legend i completely concur with you on all points except one, MINIMANIA IS STILL ALIVE AND RUNNIN WILD BROTHER!!!!
Draconarius
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:46:50 PM

jediknightrider wrote:
Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
Dr. Destructo wrote:
yeah, in Vector Prime a moon falls on him. Totally lame, is why I stopped reading the novels and went back to comics like Tales of the Jedi and Dark Empire.

lame that Chewie dies, yea.....
but as far as what it did for Anakin Solos character, and how Anakin Dies, it was awesome.
Anakin, so far, has the most noble death in Star Wars. thats just my opinion though.

In universe I agree, Anakin's death was very heroic. If you consider it out of universe, then not so much. You see it was originally planned for Jacen to die on the mission to Myrkr. Georgie boy, however, felt that having another character named Anakin in the universe would confuse fans who might get this new Anakin confused with Anakin Skywalker so it was ultimately decided to have Anakin die during the NJO.

Yet, Georgie boy does not seem to care that there are now two characters named Bane (Cad Bane and Darth Bane). It's only when something incringes on his precious little movies that he orders deaths of characters and the ruination of a 20-book series. ThumbDown

Stupid Lucas.
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:13:20 AM

DarthLegend wrote:

"14, but she is not over powered, if you watched the show you would see that see is pretty balanced. "

she's not a balanced character...she's made up !!!C.W. and I.E. i was able to deal with kinda ! then J.A came out and im like WTF ! all of these pieces have FORCE STEROIDS ! almost every piece is jacked up way more than they should. now OBI has a jet-pack to have flight, just to make the piece even more cheap, as if it wasnt already from the starter set. and "COMMANDER" AHSOKA, she was just made 7 months ago and she already got a promotion! i have been at my job for 2 years and i still have to bust my ass for a raise !! with her B.S stats ! i've been saying and now it is legit and a true fact...MINIS is dead !! THE AGE OF JUICE in the minis world is here !!! MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU !!!!

Umm....Ahsoka was a Commander right from the very start. All Jedi Padawans are Commanders in the Grand Army of the Republic. Jedi Knights or Masters are Generals.

I don't see how anyone could be upset with her stats. Lightsaber Defense isn't some special thing reserved only for the masters. It's just a space saver so they don't have to put both Deflect and Block on her card. And Rolling Cleave is perfect for her fighting style in the films, which flows quite nicely from battle droid to battle droid. And with only a +9 attack, she won't kill much besides battle droids, IMO. Compare her to the Ahsoka in the CW set, and she's 4 points more expensive, but loses great things like Synergy and Flurry. Plus, because she's a Commander now, she can't benefit from some of the great 'follower' abilities like Grand Master Yoda, and such. I think this new Ahsoka is perfectly balanced, and shows a natural progression of her abilities in the year that she's been around on the show.

And I honestly don't know why you have a problem with Jedi Academy. The best pieces out of that set don't even have much in the way of Force powers. Most of the pieces with the crazy Force Powers are Tier Two at best.
saber1
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:32:10 AM

Draconarius wrote:

Stupid Lucas.

I've said for quite some time that Lucas is Star Wars largest asset while simultaneously being its biggest liability.
saber1
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:39:26 AM

Anakin, so far, has the most noble death in Star Wars. thats just my opinion though.

Anyone else think that Luke will get punked and have a very disappointing death. I believe they should block out several years and forbid anyone from writing within that time period. Just leave Luke's death unwritten and allude to it in material after the "black out" period of years. This will allow readers to wonder how/when/where he died and let our own imaginations fill in the details. To put his death to paper, in my opinion, will be extremely difficult to do well and will likely disappoint many of us.
Lachesis
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 4:33:36 AM

saber1 wrote:

Anyone else think that Luke will get punked and have a very disappointing death. I believe they should block out several years and forbid anyone from writing within that time period. Just leave Luke's death unwritten and allude to it in material after the "black out" period of years. This will allow readers to wonder how/when/where he died and let our own imaginations fill in the details. To put his death to paper, in my opinion, will be extremely difficult to do well and will likely disappoints many of us.

it will probley be just like my grandfather, fall asleep and never wake up, see yoda death for more details.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 4:36:24 AM

IG-108 wrote:
Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force wrote:
Uggie Demo wrote:
man. i post, look at my post, go and edit my post,
i come back and two people have already quoted
me.Mellow

You shouldn't have to edit Mr. I hate CW sets before they even come out.

sigh, oh uggie thou hast madest a grave and terrible mistake.
thou hast misinterpreted what i said and angered the wrath
of TOPHER!!! Bomb Bomb Bomb

1) i said "i'm seriously not happy with anything the clone wars series
has braught to this game." that, oh ye of little english, means anything
THAT HAS COME OUT SO FAR. i didn't say i hate GAW.

2) why should i not have to edit, oh quoter of me,
am i not WORTHY of that privilege?

3) anger me not again, oh ye of rudeness devine,
or thou shalt feel your death in the form of cold
steel in thine heart... more than one cold steel,
MULTIPLE COLD STEELS!!

Uh oh. This may incure the wrath of Uggie Demo.
To the bunker!!!Scared

Everyone on the BlooMilk forums will need alot more then a bunker to survive UGNAUGHT HELL! Bomb Bomb Bomb

Topher on the other hand will lay his ugly head down on his pillow one night, only for it to be blown of by the sactel charge that was under it, and I will have the biggest grin on me face because I will never have to listen to his consistent ranting EVER AGAIN!!!!
BigGrin
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:32:38 AM

Ebert and Roeper give this ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Roque Saber
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:35:33 AM

Uggie Demo wrote:
IG-108 wrote:
Uggie Demo wrote:
me.Mellow

MULTIPLE COLD STEELS!!

To the bunker!!!Scared

Everyone on the BlooMilk forums will need alot more then a bunker to survive UGNAUGHT HELL! Bomb Bomb Bomb

Topher on the other hand will lay his ugly head down on his pillow one night, only for it to be blown of by the sactel charge that was under it, and I will have the biggest grin on me face because I will never have to listen to his consistent ranting EVER AGAIN!!!!
BigGrin

LOL LOL LOL Sabotaged pillows!
Uggie Demo
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:45:47 AM

Roque Saber wrote:
Uggie Demo wrote:
IG-108 wrote:
Uggie Demo wrote:
me.Mellow

MULTIPLE COLD STEELS!!

To the bunker!!!Scared

BigGrin

LOL LOL LOL Sabotaged pillows!

Dont laugh, you next. Flapper Bomb
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:53:12 AM

saber1 wrote:

Anyone else think that Luke will get punked and have a very disappointing death. I believe they should block out several years and forbid anyone from writing within that time period. Just leave Luke's death unwritten and allude to it in material after the "black out" period of years. This will allow readers to wonder how/when/where he died and let our own imaginations fill in the details. To put his death to paper, in my opinion, will be extremely difficult to do well and will likely disappoint many of us.

i think look should get thrown down a 250 mile shaft. him and palps can can catch up on ol times.
Gemini1179
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:59:40 AM

His was the most noble, Ganner's was the most awesome.
menothsfire
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:53:42 AM

Draconarius wrote:
...Yet, Georgie boy does not seem to care that there are now two characters named Bane (Cad Bane and Darth Bane). It's only when something incringes on his precious little movies that he orders deaths of characters and the ruination of a 20-book series. ThumbDown

Stupid Lucas.

Three: Bane Malar.
Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 8:05:43 AM

Uggie Demo wrote:
IG-108 wrote:
Uggie Demo wrote:
me.Mellow

MULTIPLE COLD STEELS!!

To the bunker!!!Scared

BigGrin

YOU FOOL!!! not if i cold steel you first! and i'd notice the stench of you and your
foul kind if you were in my room for a moment! and certainly if you had tampered
with my pillow!! and as for ugnaught hell, you need not make threats with that,
THEIR FACES LOOK LIKE HELL!!!!
Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 8:06:42 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

So with Ahsoka giving Followers Rolling Cleave, that means you can choose to use it on your last attack with YoBuck or AniStap and defeat the character and then move 1 more squares and make yet another attack right?
DarthReeves
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 8:11:09 AM

By the time you get this new Obi Wan, Rex, and Mas together, you've got 107 points. I think that those who want to use him will find the benefits of power, with the "oh crap I'm out activated-ness" as well. 6 shot Rex and Sev's with greater Mobile and double will be fun. Accurate shooooooooot BAM!
Not to mention the wookies which were mentioned above with ahsoka. Rolling cleave elite wookies? Friggin sweet. Oh and how about a triple attacking Kazdan Paratus? that's 111 points but he holds his own now whilst bringing in the boom booms
DarthReeves
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 8:15:33 AM

no my hate is completely warranted, kids are just an excuse for Lucas to get more money, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. and I'm sick of all the old guys, saying " yar dar Luke Skywalker dar yar Han solo, in my world, Chewbacca gets killed by a moon, and Boba Fett escapes the sarlacc pit [/quote]

THat's an AWESOME idea for a t-shirt.
"In my world, Chewbacca gets killed by a moon and Boba Fett escapes the Sarlacc Pit"

Priceless.

Oh and Ganner Rhysode has the most nobel death in EU
saber1
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:13:33 AM

Ganner's death was pretty sick. "None shall pass!" He totally pulled a Gandalf.