RegisterDonateLogin

Who's scruffy-looking?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Sliding Hands vs Strafe Options
CorellianComedian
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2020 10:00:24 PM
Groups: Member

Practically, this isn't going to come up for a loooong time, if at all, but it may as well be asked now.

What happens if a Strafer hits Bultar Swan and fails the Sliding Hands save?

My understanding is that Strafers move into the square occupied by the enemy and then make an attack, but Sliding Hands prevents them from moving.

How does that work out?
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2020 10:04:18 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The attack with Strafe actually occurs BEFORE the strafer enters the target's square. So I guess it would be stuck in an adjacent square(s), if possible. If not, then they would stop in the closest legal space.
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2020 10:29:08 PM
Groups: Member

UrbanShmi wrote:
The attack with Strafe actually occurs BEFORE the strafer enters the target's square. So I guess it would be stuck in an adjacent square(s), if possible. If not, then they would stop in the closest legal space.

correct. It would be stuck in the square that it was making the strafe from, unless that square was an illegal square to be occupied, and then as urbanshmi stated it would be place in the closest legal square. Very similar to stuff like immediate droid reserves (if you don't have enough adjacent squares to put them in) or if you unfreeze Hansicle and you are using Hantaun and he won't fit in the square occupied by the hansicle.