Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 6:44:03 PM
Groups: Member

So my playoff post got eaten.

1. spryguy1981 vs 8. Mando
4. Randy vs 5. General Grievous
3. FlyingArrow vs 6. Gandalfthegreatestwizard
2. thereisnotry vs 7. DarkDracul

Consolation Bracket
9. TimmerB123 vs 16. BYE (Caedus dropped)
12. UrbanJedi vs 13. Dr. Daman
11. Darth O. Vs 14. UrbanShmi
10. Kezzamachine vs 15. Kiki

So you have until May 9 at 10pm to finish games.

My apologies as I did a final standings and playoff pairing post the day after last round ended.

spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2020 8:23:26 AM

Spryguy defeats Mando 216-100 on Spynet

R1 Ganner threw Jaina at Lucien and she put 60 on him

R2 I win init Jaina finishes him off. Mando kills Lobot gangs up on Luke, I avenge Lobot by killing his murderer with brutes, Jag, Ganner, and Ani

R3 Luke dies, I kill seberal and wound others with a big time UtF from Ani

R4 Bad rolls prevent him from hitting Jaina and putting Parry rolls on me. Jaina kills the others. Raana survives as I roll over 200 to give him 100 all 4 rounds both players in gambit.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2020 8:34:42 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

spryguy1981 wrote:

TimmerB now 3-0 versus the BYE this tournament. Is that a record?
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2020 9:35:25 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
spryguy1981 wrote:

TimmerB now 3-0 versus the BYE this tournament. Is that a record?

Lol. Hey, one was a concession.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2020 2:16:46 PM

UrbanShmi over Darth O, 195-159 on Rebel Fortress.

This was an exceptionally fun, bloody game, with lots of death on both sides. Unfortunately, I can't do a good play report, because I don't remember all that well, and I had to duck out and come back in in the middle of the game due to freezing. So the first 2/3 of the game are completely gone. Highlights include Yobuck killing my Klat captain early in the game, causing me to be slow and non-evasive for most of it; my ugnaught critting on Dr. Evazan as he went by on his way to kill Luke; Jaina killing Evazan even though he was activated; Kyp doing a lovely Lightsaber Throw 2 to kill R2; and a late game crit on a Surprise Attack from Octa Ramis on Yobuck, to seal his fate (as Yoda had no force left, so he couldn't block). Olli played really well and took advantage of every inch I gave him, but the dice got him in the end.

Great game, Darth O! I hope the Vassal dice are kinder to you when next we meet.

thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2020 6:30:58 PM

thereisnotry defeats DarkDracul

I rolled my eyes when I rolled for map, because I rolled a 1. However, this ended up being a good thing, since we both had the Cloud City map. This resulted in me setting up on the left (inside), which left Bryan's guys out on the Fringe (lol, get it?) on the right side of the map.

Round 1: T'was all positioning. 10-10 each because both of us had a person in Gambit.

Round 2: Bryan won init. I rolled a crit with Vindicated to kill Droopy in gambit, and more repositioning. 30-10 for me.

Round 3: Bryan won init. He let me go first, which resulted in Kelborn hitting 1 of his shots vs Mira to bring her to 50. Then Mira blew the center door to Gambit and Bossk was able to draw a line on Jango to Stun Mortar him (failed the save) and then throw a big 40dmg shot into him. Bossk then retreated out of LOS. Soon after that I used Vindicated's CE to pull Jango out of harm's way, because Dash was ready to pour 4 big shots into him. I was able to finish off Bryan's Mira this turn with my own Mira and eventually my Tactician.

Round 4: Guess what? Bryan won init. He let me go first, and I set up in such a way that I could activate 3. The Mandalores combined efforts to erase Bossk, which included Jango doing a nice furious assault on several of Bryan's pieces. Dash then stepped out to get Vassaled as he needed 5s on Vindicated, hitting NONE of them. It's hard to gauge how important those shots were, because if he could eliminate Vindicated by the end of the round, I would've been in severe trouble...but doing 0 dmg rather than 120 was devastating. Kneessa did kill my Demolitionist, though... that was cool.

Round 5: Yep, Bryan won init...I didn't know he had Thrawn in his squad! He put some more damage into Jango, and then Vindicated responded by eating Talon for the win.

GG, DD! As we talked afterward, we agreed that me accidentally losing the map roll was tremendously significant, since it meant that his squad had a much harder time advancing into a good position vs my squad. That forced him to change a lot of his tactics and maneuvers on the fly, which is never a place where you want to be, tactically speaking.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2020 4:15:58 PM

TJ and I are playing our game at 10pm EDT today.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2020 8:20:17 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard beats FlyingArrow on Offworld Shipping Centre 3-1

I won map and chose my map. TJ brought in a Talz Spy and Killik Worker with Reinforcements, and swapped Evazan for a Chiss Captain with the Kajidii. TJ set up on the right in the landing bay corridor and I set up between the bridges.

Round 1: TJ put his attackers, Human BG and Czerka on the Skiff. I moved up most of my squad around the disabled freight car. Near the end of the round, TJ moved the Skiff into gambit. I ran the Cov Protector up next to the Skiff and cannoned with the Senator, hitting it for 50. We both get gambit. 10-10

Round 2: I won init with Sense the Future. Q'Anilia runs in to drop 60 on the Skiff, and then I sacrifice my XT-6 to Senator cannon Q'Anilia, killing the Skiff. TJ's guys all drop off the Skiff, but the Rakghoul Warrior and the Talz Spy both fail their saves of 6 and die. TJ's Ewok Hang Glider goes for a Strafe, but goes down to a Shien from the Cov Defender after only dropping 20 on Q'Anilia, 30 on the Protector, and 10 on the Defender. The Talz Pirate kills my Cov Protector. I send in my Sentinel after the Czerka, but he misses with a reroll, and then Arca turns on Battlemind a turn too late. Human BG puts 30 on Q'Anilia. Raana goes after the Human BG but misses with two 3s, and the Defender moves in to hit the Talz once for 20. Chiss Captain Backlashes with 4 attacks at +7 against Q'Anilia in cover, but misses them all. Cov Consular puts 20 on the Human BG. TJ moves up his Killik Worker (bodyguard). I foolishly move the Togruta Seer past the Human BG (only way he could attack) and he gets killed on the AoO. Krynda pushes the Talz Pirate. Gambit to both. 77 (me) - 61 (TJ)

Round 3: I won init (Anticipation saved me from a 1). Cov Consular killed the Killik Worker. Hutt Cartel Kajidii moves in to put everyone in Traps, but misses his shot. Talz Pirate shoots Q'Anilia but misses enough that she survives with 10HP (also used LS Defense). Q'Anilia kills the Czerka and Human BG and tries to run away, but Salacious Crumb kills her (failed LS Defense). Raana kills the Talz Pirate. Lobot hits the Sentinel for 10 but I made LS Defense. Chiss Captain moves in and hits the Sentinel twice, but I made LS Defense. Cov Defender kills Salacious. Consular kills Drone. Sentinel kills Lobot with the Senator cannon. Gambit to both. 166-93

Round 4: I kill the Chiss Captain and Kajidii. TJ has Jabba and Bib left but I can't finish them off this round. Gambit to both. 213-103
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2020 10:03:33 AM

I did not see the quick assault coming, so losing the Talz Spy+Rakghoul was pretty game over. I already had pretty much no chance after losing the skiff, but I also should have avoided the Defender on the Strafe. So one major mistake and then another minor mistake to take my chance from 0.5% down to 0. I was lucky to get the moral victory of getting to 100pts.
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2020 11:31:33 AM

Just missing 1 game from the top 8 and I've seen very little from the Consolation Bracket.
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2020 11:39:57 AM

I see that he hasn't posted it yet, but Daman defeated me the other night.

I had an early chance by running the rancor 20 squares and then force dominating it to try and kill weir, but missed 1 attack leaving him at 10 hp. After which he left a pile of rancor goo, and then moved weir way back to hiding.

Then the next rd after daman had a few key misses that left both celeste and mira alive, we had a huge init which he easily won that was the game in either direction. If I had won, I could have gotten both speeders (with the help of the XT), but he won and basically entered mop up mode. He was able to take out both celeste and mira on that won init, which ended it for me. I was able to kill one of the speeders, but that was it for me.

kiki
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2020 2:38:08 PM

kezzamachine and I are planning to get our game in this weekend.
kezzamachine
Posted: Saturday, May 9, 2020 3:52:37 PM

Righto! I'll edit this post to have a game report at some point soon, but seeing as its Mother's Day and I've been absent from my family for the last hour and a half, I'll do that one later...

I beat Kiki 210-36 on Anchorhead. Essentially it was triple-door-control that did the business! It was also a Save11 Shield game here in NZ and I retain the Shield!

Kudos Alex. 183!
Randy
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2020 1:53:20 PM

Randy 210 - General Grievous 139

I won map and picked Rebel Fortress. He took the left and set the Yammosk in gambit. His commanders set up in the Dispatch Station and everyone else set up in the Hangar. I took 4 AOL Troopers and set up in both hallways. At the end of round one He had 2 Warriors in gambit. I had Both Green Jedi, the Jedi Lord, and the Training Sergeant in gambit. The Green Jedi Commander was holding the door. Farfalla and his troopers were lying in wait in the east hallway.

GG won init and ran up to base and Blast Bug a Green Jedi. The Jedi Lord doubled the Yammosk while the injured GJ killed his attacker and swung around to cover on the south side of the center wall. One warrior threw a Blast Bug in through the south door on the Jedi Lord, while another Blast Bugged him through the west door and backed up. The Trainer ran out to block for the Jedi Lord and killed the Yammosk. The 2nd Green Jedi Master Speeds out to base 2 warriors and an uggie just outside the west door of the Command Center. The Jedi killed one of the 2 warriors. The other warrior Blasted the Jedi. Another warrior Blast Bugs the Jedi and retreats down the southwest hall. My Green Jedi Commander ran as far as he could to base the warrior by the 2nd Green Jedi and another uggie. One trooper ran down and based a warrior in the south passage. One warrior Blast Bugs the 2nd Green Jedi. (My Draw Fire failed.) When the next warrior targeted the Green Jedi the Draw Fire was successful and the Green Jedi was saved. The troopers advanced 12 squares into the south passage. One is killed by the combined efforts of the Subcommander and Nom. Farfalla used the Force to run down the hall and smack a warrior for 10.

The next round my Green Jedi, with only 10 hp, kills the warrior he based. Sacrificing himself so that the Commander could run down the hall and drop 40 on a warrior far down the hall. The Commander then promptly took a Blast Bug in the face along with Farfalla. The Trainer killed a uggie and held the west door open. The Jedi Lord swung out and based a lone warrior in the south west intersection. The Vong commanders take some shots and move back into the Dispatch Station. One Trooper hits the warrior he is basing so that Farfalla can double him to death. I had a lone trooper in the Command Center who ran out and killed one of the 2 remaining uggies. The rest of my troopers charge down the hall Screaming For Vengeance.

Next my Jedi Lord doubles his warrior to kill it, but is then killed by another. My loner trooper killed the last uggie. Farfalla being fairly injured at this point runs back to gambit. One of my troopers ran down the hall to stab a warrior, only to miss by 1. a couple of troopers are picked off. My Training Sergeant runs down and hits one of 2 remaining warriors for 20.

Big init here. I roll a 3... He rolls... 2. This is my big chance to put it away! The Training Sergeant rolls to attack. 1. Stupid Vong. Double Attack! 1. (That went well.) Farfalla uses Master Speed to run out and kill one warrior. While my remaining Green Jedi limps into gambit.

Having those low rolls out of the way I am able to kill the last warrior with the Training Sergeant and move back to block for Farfalla. Nom killed the Training Sergeant and 20 damage from a Blast Bug puts Farfalla at 10 health. Everyone of my characters then retreat into gambit. at the end of the round the score is 186 to 139. His commanders advance. My Green Jedi is at 30, Farfalla is at 10, and I have 1 remaining trooper.

He wins the initiative and has me go first. I back up Farfalla to as safe a distance as I can while remaining in the gambit zone. His commanders continue to advance. My trooper opens the door and the Green Jedi charges out and kills the Seer. With gambit I end up at 210 with 3 characters with 10 hp left.

Good game General! had a lot of fun. Lets see how it goes from here.

spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2020 3:21:58 PM

Vassal Regional Semi-Final Pairings

1. spryguy1981 vs 4. Randy
6. gandalfthegreatestwizard vs 2. thereisnotry

Consolation Semis

9. TimmerB123 vs 13. Dr. Daman
14. UrbanShmi vs 10. Kezzamachine

Additional pairings if you want to play more.
8. Mando vs 5. General Grievous
3. FlyingArrow vs 7. DarkDracul

16. Bye vs 12 UrbanJedi
11. Darth O vs 15 Kiki

Or if you're really wanting to throw down
11. Darth O vs 12 UrbanJedi vs 15 Kiki in an epic 3 way match!

Have until Tuesday May 19 at 10pm Eastern to get these games in.
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2020 4:02:28 PM

thereisnotry squeaks by gandalf, 3-1

He won the map roll, but chose my map (Cloud City). I chose to set up on the left side.

Round 1: Just positioning, other than Jango using FA to kill an ug.

Round 2: Gandalf let me go first, since I wasn't able to get a good setup after resolnare. I blew a door in gambit...yay! (But that allowed my Tactician to see Quanilia.) Gandalf moved some scrubs. For my next turn I activate 3, starting with Vindicated, who did 0 damage to Gandalf's Protector, thanks to the Defender. However, he pushed Mira up the map with his CE, which allowed her to target 5 of his guys with some gernades. The little guys died, but the important pieces were largely unscathed...she then retreated back to where she started. Kelborn took some shots which were useless because of that @#$%^ Defender. End of the round, Quanilia ran up to smack Mira for 30 (1 miss), as he moved the rest of his guys into the main gambit room.

Round 3: I won init...but Krynda used Sense the Future, so Mira died and Quanilia used Knight Speed to retreat. That was a major bummer, because if she'd survived I would've had a MASSIVE target for a big gernade. Alas, t'was not to be. Jango ran in for a nice FA, hitting 7 targets...and doing 60 dmg thanks to that @E#@% Defender again. Gandalf's save dice were blazing hot too. The important thing here, though, was that 40dmg got through on the Defender. Why important? Because on his next activation Gandalf sent that 40 hp Defender to kill my last door control piece, but he had to give up an aoo to Jango in the process...20...Ruthless, baby! We agreed that this was the major turning point in the game, because if Gandalf's move had panned out, he would've been able to lock the door between Vindicated and Jango, and I would've had to take the long way around. Jango doesn't do so well without the benefit of Disruptive. Anyway, Gandalf poured all of his guys into Jango, who finally did drop by the end of the round.

Round 4: Gandalf uses Sense the Future again, so the Protector was able to put 50dmg on Vindicated. Vindicated responded with a crit to finish him, and then poured out a bunch more damage into some other pieces...I lost track after a while, since there was just a lot of jedi up in my face, and all of them were rolling hot with their saves. I was able to kill off another jedi before the end of the round, but Vindicated was down to 50hp going into the next round. And yes, Krynda has 2 fp stored up for another Sense the Future.

Round 5: Yet again, Krynda stole init from me, which resulted in Vindicated taking some damage and barely surviving. He blew some more jedi away, and then Kelborn put the finishing blow on a guy.

Round 6: I finally won an init, because Krynda was out of force points. I used Resolnare to send my 30hp Vindicated around to finish off Krynda, which also killed the Arca-ghost, and put me over 200. At this point his only remaining pieces were an XT-6 and the Senator. I had Vindicated (30hp), Kelborn (80hp), and Tactician (40hp) left.

Man, this squad is vicious! I had a map advantage (starting from the good side on my preferred map), got all my shots off, and still almost lost. A little bit more damage on Vindicated, and I lose this one. Crazy game!

UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2020 5:28:37 PM

I reached out to Kezz right around the time the pairings were released, but I haven't had any response. Not sure when we'll get our game in.
kezzamachine
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2020 2:59:08 PM

We made it happen! What with juggling time differences, quarantine issues, and strange accents, we were able to play our game this morning (last night?). thekezzamachine won 146-94 against UrbanShmi in an epicly close game which I won on a critical AOO.

I lost map roll and Laura chose her Rhen Var map. I set up low on the left and she set up in one of the lower rooms also the left which made for a super fast game... I mean on the right. I brought in my off-the-bench wizards of Evazan-Kneesaa-and-Rodian.

Round 1: We both advanced, me trying to get the bulk of my forces through the lower corridor, and a small Jarael-R7-dual-Rodian team a little higher. Laura went mostly low, but ran a coupl'a folk high. She had Luke set up in gambit.

Round 2: Laura had her Klat Captain in the corridor where I could see it, so I R7'd the door and took a number of shots to try smash it. The Klat evaded all three from Boba, but took a hit from Mira down to 10. She took the opportunity to move Lor San through the door and set up below the middle room and ran an ugnaught in for support. I killed the Ugnaught (1 down). She had another Uggie just off to the right and had run two more up towards the middle room. She charged in Jaina and put 20 on Mira. She then tried to charge in her Klat to do the some of the same, but a well positioned Rodian fired an AOO and killed the Klat. No more Evade! At this stage, I think I have the game 24 (Klat, plus I must have killed two Uggies at this point!) to her 20 (two rounds of gambit).

Round 3: Fun, fun, fun! Jaina goes first and puts 30 on Mira and another 30 is bodyguarded. I then take out Jaina with Boba and lock the lower door into the central room. I know I've got the run of things at the moment with three overrides and her two remaining Ugnaughts are too far north to worry me this round. I had forgotten about Master Hacker (Octa), but it never came up in the game. I also know I have activations on her so I take my time trying to kill Lor San who is the only piece I can currently see. I double grenades, miss with two Rodians, and finally get him with Jarael who also sets up to block the door. I position a Rodian next to her.

Round 4: I can't quite remember what happens here, but I know I've opened the door and shot at Luke a coupl'a times. He's on 40. I thin Mira shot him, but not before Laura runs in Kyp and lightsaber throws Jarael at point-blank range, rolling a 1 so Jarael only takes 60. *Phew!* I then kill another ugnaught and Jag with Boba. Luke kills Jarael and the Rodian blocking the door and then Octa FP runs 8 squares to kill Mira. Some how I get Octa to 10hp... I can't even remember how. Maybe there's another round in here... (I only finished this game like 15 minutes ago...) I miss an AOO with a Rodian because of Unyeilding! I know I have Ponda and Talon close, and a well-positioned Evazan. I lock the door to take out Unyeilding.

Round 5: This is it. It's bloody close. It was, at some point towards the end of last round 84-84. I win init. I choose to go first and Homicidal Surgery Octa into dead'd. I have a lead, but she can do nasty things... She blows the door with her remaining Uggie. She runs in Luke - not sure what she's going to do, but she takes an AOO from Evazan... who crits... that's 40 damage and the game!

Time was almost up. Laura had to make a play, but a 20 on an AOO is a bit nuts. He could just have easily missed the AOO... but I could have found Luke with Boba... but what about a full-strength Kyp... oh, I don't know! Anyhoo really fun game and Laura straight-up rules.

On a side note - I'm 5-1 on the table in this tournament - with one loss due to me not being able to schedule a game (sorry Grievous!) and I'm about to play off for 9th... I think this is possibly the best worst tournament run in history!
kezzamachine
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2020 3:14:09 PM

...plus I beat 4th, 5th, and 6th...!
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 4:44:05 PM

Due to extenuating circumstances Randy and I should be playing on Thursday. Its past deadline but most of the fb crew know what I dealt with this past week.