RegisterDonateLogin

Is not as forgiving as Darth Vader.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Randomness, or...? Options
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2020 7:20:47 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Is it a coincidence that one of the best of several great DJs on my local community radio station spent most of 2 hours of his show tonight on *old* bands from New Zealand and Australia? I'll at least call it good timing. ThumpUp

Stay safe, Bloomilkers. BlooMilk
Darth O
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2020 4:17:43 AM
Groups: Member

May is NZ Music Month, so it would make sense. I'd recommend our very own Kerry Logan, who is on Spotify. Some may know him as Kezzamachine...
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2020 10:46:55 PM

Darth O wrote:
May is NZ Music Month, so it would make sense. I'd recommend our very own Kerry Logan, who is on Spotify. Some may know him as Kezzamachine...

Thanks! That DJ would be exactly the one to be aware of NZ music month, although I don't recall him mentioning it. I'll call it Kezzmet then. Cool BlooMilk (noting that you indirectly implied that Kez is old) BigGrin just kidding!

Radio Birdman... much older band Bomb

Not taking sides between NZ and AU bands at all, just trying to find some humor wherever I can.

Keep staying safe, bloomilkers BlooMilk

FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2020 9:16:26 AM

I've recently been listening to couple of Australian acts I hadn't heard of: Stu Larsen and Hollow Coves. (I don't follow any type of music super closely, so it might not be that hard for me to find acts I haven't heard of.)
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 10:00:08 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I've recently been listening to couple of Australian acts I hadn't heard of: Stu Larsen and Hollow Coves. (I don't follow any type of music super closely, so it might not be that hard for me to find acts I haven't heard of.)

There is way too much to much content out there to keep track of. That's why I rely on my local DJs.
PS - I don't think I've heard those acts you mentioned, so community input helps too. I'll check them out. BigGrin
kezzamachine
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2020 11:20:04 AM

Yeah, that Kerry Logan (on Spotify, iTunes, Deezer, Google Music, like everything...) is really good. A little proggy at times for my taste, but he's got loads of material. I've heard he's even a SWM player! Not sure if that's true though. He's also in a bunch of bands that are all available at therocklords.bandcamp.com where you can buy all 64 albums for like $10. Craaazy!
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2020 10:20:04 PM

kezzamachine wrote:
Yeah, that Kerry Logan (on Spotify, iTunes, Deezer, Google Music, like everything...) is really good. A little proggy at times for my taste, but he's got loads of material. I've heard he's even a SWM player! Not sure if that's true though. He's also in a bunch of bands that are all available at therocklords.bandcamp.com where you can buy all 64 albums for like $10. Craaazy!

Proggy, you say? Hmm... BlooMilk