RegisterDonateLogin

The extra "o" means quality.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 188 - Unleashed Unreleased Options
Darth Zenkarp
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 5:35:13 PM
Groups: Member

-NOTE-

I am somewhat bending the rules with this CCC Week. Some of the rules are changed, which both limit and expand the pool of characters you can create a custom of for this challenge. This CCC Week will be different, but I hope it will still be fun.

Throughout the years, there have been several Star Wars video games that were canceled/unreleased. Many of these games featured completely new characters, as well as returning ones. For this challenge, you must create a version of a character from any of these games:

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi – Ewok Adventure
Star Wars: Battlefront III (2008)
Star Wars: First Assault (2012)
Star Wars 1313 (2013)
Star Wars Outpost (2013)
Star Wars: Attack Squadrons (2014)
Star Wars: Battle of the Sith Lords (2015)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed III

In this CCC, you may use characters from these games that never appear anywhere else, like Naresha from KotOR 3, or characters that we know nothing about besides their names, like Q-10 from KotOR 3. On a side note, some games may be easier to make characters for than other games. For example, Ewok Adventure has a working prototype, while almost nothing is known about 1313. I leave any character design to you!

1. The character DOES NOT have to be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities, but must be from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Saturday, July 4th, 2020 @8pm EDT to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 5pm (Not 8:00 because us Americans will be illegally setting off fireworks in our backyards) on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EDT on Monday, July 6th, 2020.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 7:21:43 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

We're 188 Submissions in. It's fine. Someone did a theme where you had to meld two characters before, so bending the rules is ok. It may effect turn out though. Just depends on how passionate about or open to researching the cancelled games people are.

I myself never know of this ewok game and am now intrigued. Yub nub, my friend BlooMilk

Darth Zenkarp
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 7:58:05 PM

Ewok Adventure was actually planned for release, and had already been completely finished. However, Hasbro pulled it off the market a few weeks before release because the "controls were too hard to figure out". Considering that you could only move in 8 directions, I really don't understand the choice.
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3:52:59 PM

adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3:54:06 PM

Darth Zenkarp wrote:
Ewok Adventure was actually planned for release, and had already been completely finished. However, Hasbro pulled it off the market a few weeks before release because the "controls were too hard to figure out". Considering that you could only move in 8 directions, I really don't understand the choice.

For it's time, it looks pretty ok. what a waste of time and effort. The hang glider's shadow to determine high is seems pretty ahead of it's era.
Darth Zenkarp
Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2020 5:41:26 PM

Darth Zenkarp
Posted: Saturday, July 4, 2020 6:07:05 AM

I’m just gonna let you take this one, Adamb0nd. That is, unless somebody else decides to vote. Otherwise, you’ll make the next CCC Week.