RegisterDonateLogin

You don't know the power of Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Starport Terminal Map concern Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2020 7:01:04 AM
Groups: Member

Has anyone else noticed that on the right side of the map there are 3 areas where a player could place fragile commanders and they literally could not be touched the entire game? The back row, and 2 rooms (1 top and 1 bottom) are completely walled off from the rest of the map. No doors or other access. Boardwide CEs would still be viable, as well as having Mas Amedda and a mouse outside the room.

Beyond that obvious abuse, I could also see a swap squad or transfer essence squad really abuse that. They could swap their nearly dead slugger back to ultimate safety and heal up. They could use force phase to mobile in and out and kill just enough to win.

A simple ruling that figures cannot enter there would be sufficient. Perhaps black them out on the map? This really needs to be addressed prior to GenCon
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2020 7:03:48 AM

Closer inspection makes me wonder if the artwork was meant to be rooftop? The grid lines are faint and blurry, maybe it was never meant to be legal to place figure there.

Regardless - we need a clear ruling.
Caedus
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2020 7:40:00 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Closer inspection makes me wonder if the artwork was meant to be rooftop? The grid lines are faint and blurry, maybe it was never meant to be legal to place figure there.

Regardless - we need a clear ruling.

A ruling is pending from the map committee.

Caedus
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2020 10:13:57 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that on the right side of the map there are 3 areas where a player could place fragile commanders and they literally could not be touched the entire game? The back row, and 2 rooms (1 top and 1 bottom) are completely walled off from the rest of the map. No doors or other access. Boardwide CEs would still be viable, as well as having Mas Amedda and a mouse outside the room.

Beyond that obvious abuse, I could also see a swap squad or transfer essence squad really abuse that. They could swap their nearly dead slugger back to ultimate safety and heal up. They could use force phase to mobile in and out and kill just enough to win.

A simple ruling that figures cannot enter there would be sufficient. Perhaps black them out on the map? This really needs to be addressed prior to GenCon

The Official Ruling is, the intent of the design for the 3 areas in question are pits. Since they are pits and walled off areas, characters, other than force ghosts, cant enter so I don't see any other means to abuse these areas. Sorry for the confusion.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2020 10:23:02 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Also worth mentioning - if you have the physical copy of these maps, there are 3 map elements where the green "low objects" border was omitted. Two plants and one of the central tables. The green "low objects" lines have been added for the Vassal map, but you may want to add the lines to your physical copy if you have one.
Caedus
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2020 11:05:14 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Also worth mentioning - if you have the physical copy of these maps, there are 3 map elements where the green "low objects" border was omitted. Two plants and one of the central tables. The green "low objects" lines have been added for the Vassal map, but you may want to add the lines to your physical copy if you have one.

Thank you! Forgot about that!!ThumbsUp
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2020 9:09:26 PM

I wonder if Trevor can mark them with an orange line to make it obvious that they are pits.

Regardless - Thank you Shawn and the map committee for a very quick and clear ruling.
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, July 18, 2020 4:31:07 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
I wonder if Trevor can mark them with an orange line to make it obvious that they are pits.

Regardless - Thank you Shawn and the map committee for a very quick and clear ruling.

It wouldn't be hard to add the orange line. But would people be annoyed at having to re-download the mod again? In this case they wouldn't need to re-save their squads or anything, so other than a re-download there wouldn't be any hassle on their end.

I think I'll make the change and upload it. The new version will be 20.1. If someone still has 20.0 then it'll still work fine, but if they have 20.1 then the pit marking will be there (along with a couple of other mostly insignificant fixes I've made since then).
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, July 18, 2020 5:18:28 PM

Done! 20.1 is now available for download.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, July 18, 2020 8:36:43 PM

Thanks Trev!