RegisterDonateLogin

The Kyle Katarn of intergalactic dairy products.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

PRICING FOR THE NEW SINGLES Options
harmonm4
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:25:12 AM
Groups: Member

I was thinking with some of the new minis, there are going to be some Very Rares and Uncommons that will hit high prices. Any thoughts which minis will hit extreme prices and how expensive some of the new minis will be?
harmonm4
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:27:24 AM

It's kind of hard to tell which Very Rare will be the most expensive since we know very little about the Very Rares, but I would be surprised if Cad Bane is not the expensive VR of the set.

Volvagia14
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:31:03 AM

I was thinking the same. As popular as Cad Bane is, they will probably jack his price up.
harmonm4
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:33:58 AM

How about for uncommons. Any thoughts on whether there will be a pricy uncommon in this set?
Volvagia14
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:34:53 AM

well, considering we havn't seen all the set yet, it is hard to tell now.
harmonm4
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:58:01 AM

How about R7? I don't think it will get to being like mouse droids, but I'm sure people will demand it.
Volvagia14
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 12:12:14 PM

well I think Hondo will be a cheap VR like $10-$15
Ruhk
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 1:18:12 PM

The R7s are good, but not great. The 2 I get in my case will probably be more than enough for me.

UC run down:
BD Sergeant - (assuming the Roger Roger guy) some people may use more than one of these fellas. it will depend on the cost of the unit. If its under 8 or so, expect 2-4 in a droid squad. if higher 1-2, so could get into the midrange for prices but not too much higher.
Super B3 BD - depends on the stats and cost. if its just a jacked up SBD, not a high want for most people. But if it has .. hmm, double and GMA for 15 points... high want! I don't expect much from these guys, so assume that the cost will remain low.
Commando Droid Capt - seeing his stats, I'll be happy with 2 of them, most people don't use redundant commanders so his price may be the lowest of them all.
A4-Series Lab Droid - haven't seen the stats yet for this guy. he could be interesting. I'd expect his UC price to be midrange.
IG-100 Magna Droid - reprint. low price.
IG-100 Magna Droid Artillerist - grenades? Missiles? Range with Splash, either way these guys could become the new gungan artillerists. If the SA rocks (say missiles 30 for 10 points) and the cost is right, price can be high. not expecting anything too ground breaking (ala Death Star Gunner) so assume low cost.
LR-57 Combat Droid - Seen him, I feel his cost is too high to justify having a swarm of them, can get a Lnacer in there for practically the same cost. I'll be happy with 2. Mid priced.
CT Sarge - reprint. an older piece, but new Cody does nearly the same as him. low cost
CT with Repeating Blaster - cool mini, lots of potential with CEs, expect mid to high costs.
Elite Senate Guard - stats unkown. the last senate guard from Rots kinda sucked... so not expecting much (something like Elite Sith Trooper) mid costed more likely, cause at least they still look cool.
R7 - non-unique override, 7 points at the cheapest with Rapport, as said before. Mid cost, even though they are very useful, not expecting to see more than 1-2 in most squads.
Treadwell Droid - funky guy, some nice SAs and not too expensive to bring in. viable SS nerfer for all faction, can be brought in as reserves or reinforcements. Might replace R4s in squads, but cost is a littel more. we'll see. mid to low costs (think RA-7 protocol droid).
engineer
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 1:19:25 PM

In the past, the UC followers have commanded the highest prices. With a UC commander, you really only ever need two (collectors might want 5).

IMO, for a new UC to have a high price ($3-5), it needs to have 40+ HP (to survive the 20 damage twin attacks. It needs to be in a playable faction (rebel, republic, sep, imp or fringe). The more commander effects if benefits from the better (ECT back in the days of CCB).
DarthLegend
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3:40:52 AM

defiantly think with the animated show being out, all the buzz and hype and being a new piece i agree and really think that cad bane is gonna be the most expensive piece than probably asajj
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3:53:06 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

DarthLegend wrote:
defiantly think with the animated show being out, all the buzz and hype and being a new piece i agree and really think that cad bane is gonna be the most expensive piece than probably asajj

Definately not Asajj. She is a R, and she just had a piece in the map packs. Cad Bane is definately the money piece this set, with the rest being too minor to cause a fuss about. I don't see the stats causing too much of an upswing on these guys, even if they are "OMG< BORKENN!!!!"
harmonm4
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 9:29:45 AM

Ruhk wrote:
The R7s are good, but not great. The 2 I get in my case will probably be more than enough for me.

I can see that just 2 R7's will be plenty for a lot of people, and some people will even get 4 by default since a lot of people buy 2 booster cases per set. I personally wouldn't mind having 3. I probably won't end up getting more than 3, but I do think there will be a good chunk of people willing to get more than 2.

In terms of pricing, I'm guessing the demand on this one will be comparable to the Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo, putting it at about $1.50 to $2.00.

I might be wrong, but I could imagine mouse droids, ug demos, and bacta tanks going up in demand due to their ability to get granades and heal 10 through the Rodain Trader. Whether, the Rodian trader will be a very good use of 10 point in a squad is debatable and it goes either way depending on the squad, but I would say more often than not, the Rodian Trader will be over used for a while anyway causing people to try and get their hands on the 3 point minis and auto-healing bacta tanks.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 10:17:49 AM

I'm thinking that the 501st will be priced like the Elite Clone Troopers from Universe and the SCTs. $5 may be a good price for these guys a month or two after the set comes out.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 10:36:48 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

They are a common. Not going to go for $5, no matter what.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 11:54:23 AM

Well, Auggie's sold out of his first round of Bane's, Clone Repeaters, B3's, and R7's. I got what I wanted out of his second round ... don't know what's left.

It's curious watching what people are going for and at what prices ... especially since there are a double handful of pieces we know nothing about stat-wise.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 11:55:03 AM

Sithborg wrote:
They are a common. Not going to go for $5, no matter what.

Really? I thought they were UCs. Gonna have to pick me up some for cheap...
Lachesis
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 1:37:37 PM

you guys realize that with these 40 piece sets the price of any fig in this set, including cad bane, is unlikely to be more then 15-23 dollers.
death by wookie 89
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 1:44:04 PM

what about GGDAC and Throne? there alot tmroe then 23 dollars lachesis
Darth O
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 10:18:48 PM

I was surprised to see that my gungan shieldbearer is worth $7.

As for GaW figures, I reckon the new grievous will be cheap.
harmonm4
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 8:14:24 AM

Lachesis wrote:
you guys realize that with these 40 piece sets the price of any fig in this set, including cad bane, is unlikely to be more then 15-23 dollers.

To think that Cad Bane will be below $20 dollars is shocking. Because he is fringe and he offers what he does, I can see him becoming the Next GGDAC/Emperor on throne. I will be surprised if he does not go for less than $25 at most places within 3 weeks from the release date. After a month or two I figure he will break into $30+.

That's my opinion of his price based off of previous sets and the hype of the community about him.