RegisterDonateLogin

How wude!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Corruption Options
Zalkrie
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 10:35:28 PM
Groups: Member

I know that this has probably come up before, but I have a couple questions about corruption. Played in a booster draft last night and I had two disciple of Ragnos. There corruption has a range of six:

1: Do you have to target the closest non droid enemy, or can you target anyone within six squares?

2: I know you can recorrupt someone that is already corrupted, but do they have to make two saves, or still only save once?

Thanks everyone!!!
DarthJak
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 11:21:33 PM

The definition of force corruption uses the word target,so normal targeting rules would apply.
Zalkrie
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 11:47:40 PM

Thanks Darthjak......after reading the glossary text under force corruption, both my questions have been anwsered. Sorry guys....should have gone there first!!
bountyhunter9
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:11:50 AM

Somewhat unrelated question:

I was wondering: can you corrupt a Cyborg? I would assume you can, but since Corruption explicitly specifies non-Droids only, and a Cyborg counts as a non-Droid and Droid, I wanted to double-check. Thanks in advance for the help.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:16:02 AM

Yes, a Cyborg character can be corrupted as they count as a non-droid.
bountyhunter9
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:20:58 AM

Okay, thanks.
harmonm4
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 8:44:03 AM

Just to add clarification for anyone else who reads this post, force corruption does NOT stack.

So if you corrupt a character who is already corrupted, the effects do not stack. You simply apply the corruption with the larger effect.

For example, if a mini is already corrupted with force corruption 2, if someone uses force corruption 4 then force corruption 2 is disregarded, and only force corruption 4 applies.

Once that mini makes the save for force corruption 4, there is no longer an effect from force corruption 4 or force corruption 2.

It follows normal targeting rules, so any living enemy within 6 may be corrupted unless they have cover, then they can only be targeted if they are the nearest enemy or tied for the nearest enemy.
headache62
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:18:06 PM

harmonm4 wrote:

For example, if a mini is already corrupted with force corruption 2, if someone uses force corruption 4 then force corruption 2 is disregarded, and only force corruption 4 applies.

The target will still take the initial damage appropriate for Corruption 2 or Corruption 4.

And if a non-living or Force Immune character is the only legal target, then you don't have a target. Just because you can't affect a character does not mean they are ignored for targeting purposes.