RegisterDonateLogin

Grant you the rank of Jedi Master, Bloo Milk does not.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lots of Rules Questions Part 7 Options
BZNintendo
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 7:49:15 AM
Groups: Member

Hello everyone,
back at it again with more ruling questions. Would really appreciate any help with these.

1) If an enemy is using quadruple attack on an ally next to a character that can use Draw Fire, does that character have to announce and make the save for Draw Fire for each of the four attacks or does making one save force that enemy to now have to use all his four attacks against my character using Draw Fire?

2) Can I split damage with bodyguard? Like for example if someone takes 40 damage, can I choose to only bodyguard 30 damage and let the one being protected take the remaining 10 damage?

3) The v-set Roan Fel, The True Emperor has rapport that says Imperial Knights cost 1 less when in the same squad. He himself counts as an Imperial Knight so does he reduce himself by 1? Also his Camaraderie gives Marasiah Fel Imperial Knight so does that mean if I add her to my squad I can reduce her cost by 1 or can I not yet since she is not an Imperial Knight yet until the game starts?

4) I know it is not possible right now officially but with custom fan made cards if I had two characters with Intimidation (Living non-Unique enemies within 6 squares get -2 Attack and -2 Defense. Living allies within 6 squares get +2 Attack and +2 Defense), would they stack or would only one count?

5) If I ran Commander Cody, CC-2224 with Rapport (Characters named Clone Trooper cost 2 less when in the same squad as this character), Supreme Chancellor Palpatine with Rapport (Characters with Order 66 cost 1 less when in the same squad as this character), and Queen Amidala with Rapport (Non-Unique Republic followers cost 1 less when in the same squad as this character). Could I then bring down the 5 Point costing Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist to costing only 1 Point to add to my squad?

6) Does accurate Shot beat Cloaked? I know it beats Stealth but was not sure about Cloaked. And does it beat out characters who have stealth but get the affects of cloaked through commander effects such as with Moff Nyna Calixte?

7) Does Grand Moff Tarkin's commander effect that says (If this character has line of sight to an enemy at the start of a phase, you can activate up to 3 characters in that phase) override Admiral Ozzel's commander effect that says (You activate only 1 character each phase. (This includes Droid and Savage characters)? Considering of course that Tarkin meets the requirements for his commander effect. Which overrides which?

8) Can I use Light Spirit on a character who was given a Force rating by Luke Skywalker, First of the New Order? Which applies first or can I chose the order by which they activate before the start of the skirmish?

9) If I have Moff Jerjerrod whose commander effect says (Followers within 6 squares who combine fire grant an additional +4 Attack) and Baron Fel whose commander effect says (Followers within 6 squares who combine fire grant +6 Attack instead of +4), do they both stack to make my combined fire do a total of +10?

That's all for now. Much appreciated for any help clearing any of these up.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 8:57:19 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

BZNintendo wrote:
1) If an enemy is using quadruple attack on an ally next to a character that can use Draw Fire, does that character have to announce and make the save for Draw Fire for each of the four attacks or does making one save force that enemy to now have to use all his four attacks against my character using Draw Fire?

Draw Fire would happen for each of the four attacks. However, Twin Attack automatically attacks the same target without targeting again, so Draw Fire does not come up for the Twin Attack.

BZNintendo wrote:

2) Can I split damage with bodyguard? Like for example if someone takes 40 damage, can I choose to only bodyguard 30 damage and let the one being protected take the remaining 10 damage?

No, the damage goes all to one person. Note that if it kills the bodyguard, any extra damage is just overkill. The original target does not take any excess damage.

BZNintendo wrote:
3) The v-set Roan Fel, The True Emperor has rapport that says Imperial Knights cost 1 less when in the same squad. He himself counts as an Imperial Knight so does he reduce himself by 1? Also his Camaraderie gives Marasiah Fel Imperial Knight so does that mean if I add her to my squad I can reduce her cost by 1 or can I not yet since she is not an Imperial Knight yet until the game starts?

Rapport does not reduce your own cost, only other characters. Second half (Camaraderie+Rapport) - I don't remember the answer to that one. I'll get back to you.

BZNintendo wrote:

4) I know it is not possible right now officially but with custom fan made cards if I had two characters with Intimidation (Living non-Unique enemies within 6 squares get -2 Attack and -2 Defense. Living allies within 6 squares get +2 Attack and +2 Defense), would they stack or would only one count?

They would not stack. Same-named abilities do not stack unless they explicitly say they do.

BZNintendo wrote:

5) If I ran Commander Cody, CC-2224 with Rapport (Characters named Clone Trooper cost 2 less when in the same squad as this character), Supreme Chancellor Palpatine with Rapport (Characters with Order 66 cost 1 less when in the same squad as this character), and Queen Amidala with Rapport (Non-Unique Republic followers cost 1 less when in the same squad as this character). Could I then bring down the 5 Point costing Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist to costing only 1 Point to add to my squad?

No. Commander Cody, CC-2224's Rapport only applies to characters named Clone Trooper, not to characters whose names contain Clone Trooper. Also, under the current floor rules, Rapport cannot make the cost of a character less than 3. (Under WotC rules, the minimum is 1.) Palpatine + Amidala can make them cost 3.

BZNintendo wrote:
6) Does accurate Shot beat Cloaked? I know it beats Stealth but was not sure about Cloaked. And does it beat out characters who have stealth but get the affects of cloaked through commander effects such as with Moff Nyna Calixte?

Accurate Shot beats Stealth, but it does not beat Cloaked or Moff Nyna's CE (often known as "super stealth"). There are several other abilities that do beat Cloaked and/or Super Stealth.

BZNintendo wrote:
7) Does Grand Moff Tarkin's commander effect that says (If this character has line of sight to an enemy at the start of a phase, you can activate up to 3 characters in that phase) override Admiral Ozzel's commander effect that says (You activate only 1 character each phase. (This includes Droid and Savage characters)? Considering of course that Tarkin meets the requirements for his commander effect. Which overrides which?

Ozzel takes priority. Tarkin's is an option and Ozzel's is not an option, so you have to do the one that is mandatory.

BZNintendo wrote:
8) Can I use Light Spirit on a character who was given a Force rating by Luke Skywalker, First of the New Order? Which applies first or can I chose the order by which they activate before the start of the skirmish?

Yes you can. In fact I just did that in Tile Wars last week. I used The Dark Woman's Light Tutor on Jar Jar Binks. Then I haunted Jar Jar with Qui Gon's Force Ghost so that Jar Jar had plenty of Force points to reroll Bombad Gungan. Didn't work out so well for me, though.

BZNintendo wrote:
9) If I have Moff Jerjerrod whose commander effect says (Followers within 6 squares who combine fire grant an additional +4 Attack) and Baron Fel whose commander effect says (Followers within 6 squares who combine fire grant +6 Attack instead of +4), do they both stack to make my combined fire do a total of +10?

I'm not sure but if I were a judge I would say yes.

(I bolded the parts I wasn't sure about if anyone else reading along has a more certain answer.)
BZNintendo
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 1:22:11 PM
Groups: Member

Thanks for the help clearing most of that up FlyingArrow, I really appreciate it. And wow I can't believe I was mistaking Commander Cody's Rapport this whole time. I had been playing with it decreasing all characters with Clone Trooper in their name by 2 cost for years. He is way less of a staple in Republic teams now for my causal play.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 1:47:47 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Camaraderie comes into play after Rapport, so Marasiah doesn't cost less with Roan.

Jerjerrod and Baron Fel do stack as per the FAQ.