RegisterDonateLogin

Is worth a lot to me.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lots of Rules Questions Part 8 Options
BZNintendo
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2020 5:56:58 AM
Groups: Member

Hello all,
I ran into some new ruling questions I would like cleared up. Not as much this time but wanted to clear these up sooner rather than later.

1) Does Greater Mobile Attack or Charging Fire override Heavy Weapon?

2) Can you use Surprise Move and still use another FOrce power even if you don't have master of the force 2? Since I am thinking that surprise move is outside your turn so when it's your turn to actually activate, you can then use anther force power.

3) How does Double Attack and Rolling Cleave work together? Lets say I attack and defeat an adjacent enemy with my first attack, Do I still get to make my rolling cleave attack and then make my double attack or can I make my double attack against another enemy and then choose to still use my rolling cleave even if my double attack did not defeat anybody since my first one did?

4) If I run Captain Rex and Clone Commander Gree. Do my clone troopers with Order 66 still benefit from Gree's commander effect that says "Characters in your squad with Order 66 and Mobile Attack (including this character) do not provoke attacks of opportunity" if my Clones only have Greater Mobile Attack from Rex? Is the commander effect really specific that it has to be Mobile Attack to work and not Greater Mobile Attack since they are two separate abilities?

5) Also just generally what beats Super Stealth in this game? We have been playing with that more often now and its really annoying because its hard to counter and I am not sure what abilities beat it or cancel it out?

I appreciate any help clearing these up.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2020 6:13:57 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

BZNintendo wrote:
Hello all,
I ran into some new ruling questions I would like cleared up. Not as much this time but wanted to clear these up sooner rather than later.

1) Does Greater Mobile Attack or Charging Fire override Heavy Weapon?

2) Can you use Surprise Move and still use another FOrce power even if you don't have master of the force 2? Since I am thinking that surprise move is outside your turn so when it's your turn to actually activate, you can then use anther force power.

3) How does Double Attack and Rolling Cleave work together? Lets say I attack and defeat an adjacent enemy with my first attack, Do I still get to make my rolling cleave attack and then make my double attack or can I make my double attack against another enemy and then choose to still use my rolling cleave even if my double attack did not defeat anybody since my first one did?

4) If I run Captain Rex and Clone Commander Gree. Do my clone troopers with Order 66 still benefit from Gree's commander effect that says "Characters in your squad with Order 66 and Mobile Attack (including this character) do not provoke attacks of opportunity" if my Clones only have Greater Mobile Attack from Rex? Is the commander effect really specific that it has to be Mobile Attack to work and not Greater Mobile Attack since they are two separate abilities?

5) Also just generally what beats Super Stealth in this game? We have been playing with that more often now and its really annoying because its hard to counter and I am not sure what abilities beat it or cancel it out?

I appreciate any help clearing these up.

1) No, neither one does. However, Heavy Weapon only applies to actual attacks. You can move and use a replaces-attacks ability even if you have Heavy Weapon.

2) Yes, Surprise Move happens as part of the "pre-round" turn. For the purposes of counting how many times you have spent Force points, the entire pre-round time is considered one turn. So, for example, if you Surprise Move up to someone and then they Surprise Move away from you, you could not use Lightsaber Precision on your attack of opportunity unless you have Master of the Force. (However, note that Aing-Tii Flow Walking generates its own separate turn. So when you spend FP to Aing-Tii Flow Walk, that is part of the "pre-round" turn but then on the Aing-Tii turn itself you can spend Force again.) On your regular turn, it doesn't matter if you spent Force points during the "pre-round" turn.

3) Rolling Cleave can't be "stored". If your first attack kills someone, take your Rolling Cleave immediately and then your Double Attack.

4) Mobile Attack and Greater Mobile Attack are two separate abilities, so Rex doesn't automatically let everyone benefit from Gree's CE. Abilities that differ only in number (e.g. Opportunist vs Opportunist +20) are considered to have the same name, and in many contexts the lightsaber styles and "Style Mastery" are considered the same. But Mobile/GMA and other abilities like Missiles/Improved Missiles don't count as each other in any way.

5) Anything that "ignores cover" while targeting will beat super-stealth. Anything that takes away Stealth (most commonly It's a Trap or Force Sense) also beats super-stealth. And CE suppression of any sort will usually beat super-stealth since most of the time it's granted by a CE. (The answer for Cloaked is similar, but more things will stop super-stealth than will beat Cloaked.)
BZNintendo
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2020 10:04:19 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks for the help again FlyingArrow. :)