RegisterDonateLogin

Impresses females of your species.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Battle of Hoth full scale recreation 12x4 Table Options
BZNintendo
Posted: Sunday, September 6, 2020 5:56:03 AM
Groups: Member

My Battle of Hoth map fully set up in all its glory. It's a full 12x4 feet game board. First 6x4 feet is the outside of Hoth with all trenches and the mountain connecting to Echo Base. Along with the Ion Cannon and Shield Generator. This whole thing took a little over 6 months to make but was worth the wait.
Echo Base is the other 6x4 feet part of the map with the Millennium Falcon in the hanger Bay area along with all the snowspeeders and X-Wings.
Echo Base has all the iconic rooms from the movies like the Control Room, Medical Bay, Tauntaun ready room, and more that were not even shown in the movie but were in official blueprints of what the layout of Echo Base looked like on the inside with others rooms named. Rooms like this for example include the Mess Hall, Tauntaun pen room, pilot ready room, elevator room and storage room. All doors that can lead to other rooms can slide open or closed. Most rooms are modular and can be rearranged to make for a new map layout each time but for this game it's in the official layout of what Echo Base actually looked like. The big door entrance into Echo Base can be opened and closed with the teeth design matching the exact design as seen in the movie.
It has been a dream of mine to replay this scenario ever since I saw Empire Strikes Back when I was 4 years old back in 1999 and now, my dream has become reality. Had an absolute blast playing this out and recapturing my childhood with my friends. Full scenario played out took us 9 hours to complete and Imperials lost in the end due to poor planning by the imperial player and a couple of very lucky shots by the Rebels.
If you haven't already and want to see the progress of this being made over the last 6 months and or you want to see more like this then follow my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/starminiwars/

More images documenting the full match can be found here: https://imgur.com/gallery/YmHgtil
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, September 6, 2020 6:43:42 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Amazing.
AndyHatton
Posted: Sunday, September 6, 2020 8:15:14 AM

Looks incredible!
RE-10
Posted: Sunday, September 6, 2020 10:57:39 AM

This truly is a masterpiece. The attention to detail is exquisite and everything looks wonderful. I am in awe. Thank you for sharing!
DarthHess
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2020 6:40:10 PM

I've been thinking about doing something like this, albeit on a smaller scale, for a Mustafar map ala Episode 3 but I haven't had the time.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2020 6:55:37 PM

This is still one of the most amazing things I've seen. It reminds me of a couple massive train museums I've visited. Absolutely awesome.
jak
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2020 3:56:44 AM

amazingThumbsUp
laughed at comment-saw Empire in 1999 at age 4
I saw in 1980 at age 17Love
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2022 8:01:44 PM

Still amazing.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, February 4, 2022 4:30:06 PM