RegisterDonateLogin

Boring conversation anyway.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Point boost for subpar factions? Options
DarthBainCapital
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2020 6:52:11 AM
Groups: Member

I play with WotC stats, and a few factions (OR, Sep, Vong) are almost unplayable. For casual play, I'm thinking of giving the worst faction a point boost for their squads. For instance I might give OR a 10% boost so that in they would have 220 points in a 200-point game. What do you think would be appropriate boosts to give each faction to bring balance to the WotC game?
Slirk
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2020 10:01:05 AM

25%... so 250 vs 200 I could see being fair in only WotC sets. I think OR, Sith, Vong, & Mando only tho.
Randy
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2020 11:01:54 AM

Slirk wrote:
I think OR, Sith, Vong, & Mando only tho.

I can agree here. The Separatists have some very playable options at 200 WOTC only. You might also consider a different % for each of those. Sith may need 40-50 points. While OR may only need 30.

Another option could be to ban problem characters from the other factions. That may help "Flatten the Curve".
DarthBainCapital
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2020 12:48:30 PM

Ok thanks, didn’t realize Mandos needed help. Scouts with a captain and quartermaster tend to do well when I’ve played casually. I think my seps are weak because I’m missing the best grievous, whorm, and lancers.
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2020 12:52:29 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Grievous/lancer was tier 1. Mando's did well in my casual games too, buy we're generally too expensive to impact competitive meta.

I don't know if it's just me, but out of mando, sith, or, and vong, I think vong were strongest due to innate force immunity, nom bombs, and super stealth
Randy
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2020 12:57:41 PM

DarthBainCapital wrote:
Ok thanks, didn’t realize Mandos needed help. Scouts with a captain and quartermaster tend to do well when I’ve played casually. I think my seps are weak because I’m missing the best grievous, whorm, and lancers.

Try IG-86 droids with Seps. They will go a long way.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2020 3:53:20 PM

DarthBainCapital wrote:

I think the Lancer went a long way to keeping the Mandos out of the meta. With no tempo control or movement breakers it was tough for them to chase a Lancer down.

Clone Strike Darth Sidious is a pretty key Separatist piece - mainly for his movement breaker, Pawn of the Dark Side.