RegisterDonateLogin

If you strike Bloo Milk down, it shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Immutable interaction with Industrial Repair Options
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 8:03:11 AM
Groups: Member

It reads: Not subject to allied commander effects, special abilities, or Force powers

does this mean you can't heal it up with industrial repair? Can you combine fire with it using Gunner?
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 8:19:11 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The answer would seem to be no, not industrial repair, because that's an SA and Immutable pieces aren't subject to SAs.

Yes, he can combine fire, because that is a core game mechanic, and not a special ability

Edit. I misread the gunner question. I would expect you could combine fire with a gunner, but not activate the gunner sa. It's an sa on another piece, that would make the immutable characters damage increase via an SA, which he is not subject to.

Edit 2: I'm mixing up gunner and spotter.

Edit3: now I'm stumped.

Edit 4: no, gunner doesn't work. Mounted weapons says he can't combined fire with medium allies without gunner, and immutable says hes not subject to gunner on his ally, which prevents the ally from combining fire.

Edit 5: OR, the gunner is subject to his own SA to bypass the limitations made by mounted weapons, and so immutable doesn't come into play.

Edit 6: see edit 3.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 8:37:50 AM

Immutable (Not subject to allied commander effects, special abilities, or Force powers)

No outside effects, abilities or powers.
No reason you cannot use it to combine fire, or have something else combine fire to it. However, if the character with Immutable has Mounted Weapon wants something to combine fire with it, the character combining fire must have Mounted Weapon or Gunner (if adjacent).
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 9:15:43 AM

Why would you ignore another characters gunner, but not their mounted weapons?
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 9:51:20 AM

Their Mounted Weapon/Gunner SA is just a stipulation on the interaction of the combined fire action. It is not directly affecting the Immutable character.
(also edited my first response to include Gunner)
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 9:53:22 AM

Got it, so gunner does work
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 9:54:39 AM

Eh...forgot to add it. Good catch though!
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 10:29:29 AM

So bottom line, you can't repair something with Immutable but you can combine fire with one by using Gunner? there are some gunner +10 and +20 out there so i assume that the damage boost would be applying also then on the combined fire attack?
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 12:04:51 PM

I do not see why not...as the damage increase is just adding to the damage total and not directly affecting the Immutable character.
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 7:08:17 PM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
I do not see why not...as the damage increase is just adding to the damage total and not directly affecting the Immutable character.

That feels off to me. Isn't adding to the immutable characters damage with an ally's SA subjecting it to affect?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 10:08:58 PM

I would say that Gunner +X would not give a damage boost to an Immutable character. The rationale is that the Gunner is allowed to combine fire because of the Immutable character's Mounted weapon, but because the Gunner's ability affects the other character, it is then ignored.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2020 4:53:06 AM

After reading the definitions, boy are we splitting hairs with these new abilities, ED appears to have it correct. The +10 damage would normally be added to the stat of the character, not to the end damage total as I thought it would.
My apologies for an incorrect answer.
Mando
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2020 5:18:30 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
After reading the definitions, boy are we splitting hairs with these new abilities, ED appears to have it correct. The +10 damage would normally be added to the stat of the character, not to the end damage total as I thought it would.
My apologies for an incorrect answer.

The way i understand spotter/gunner +10 or +20 is that it add damage on top of the base damage. so if a mounted weapon had 30 dmg base, it wouldn't be 50 dmg base with a gunner +20 but instead 30dmg + 20 dmg. If it landed a crit it'd be only 80 damage, not 100 damage. But i think this is a moot point as it seems Immutable characters just can't be combined fire with or be healed up. The only possible way i could see about making them hit at a higer rate is to use Traps or Targeting to decrease the dfefense of a target enemy since it wouldn't affect the immutable character but it'd benefit from the lower defense on his target.

This new ability was quite confusing. @everyone thanks for clearing up what it means and what doesn't work with it.