RegisterDonateLogin

Controls your actions - partially - but it also obeys your commands.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Which one of these minis do you think is better?
Choice Votes Statistics
Emperor Palpatine (Rebel Storm) 22 62.857142 %
Darth Sidious (Clone Strike) 13 37.142857 %

So, which do you think is the better mini??? Options
bountyhunter9
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 6:49:54 AM
Groups: Member

Okay so I was looking through the character stat pages, and came across a lot of similarities between both Darth Sidious (CS) and Emperor Palpatine (RS). Both are great pieces for their factions, and they are some of the few pieces from the first two sets that still see competitive play today. So, if you had to choose between one of the two, which one of these "golden oldies" do you think is better?

Link to Emperor Palpatine's page: http://www.bloomilk.com/characters/Default.aspx?ID=25

Link to Darth Sidious's page: http://www.bloomilk.com/Characters/Default.aspx?ID=96

Link to Character Comparison page: http://www.bloomilk.com/Characters/Compare.aspx?ID1=96&ID2=25
Warlord_Hett
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 6:57:15 AM

I'd have to say I like Emp. Palpatine more. the 1 extra defense is obviously an upside, as is the higher starting FPs. I prefer force lightning 2 over sith lightning 30 just for the 'splash' damage. I find sidious' pawn of the dark side more useful than force storm 2, but the biggest reason is because sidious is much more limited in who can spend his FPs. dark master only affects one character and they must be unique, while palpatine can provide for multiple force users.
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:03:39 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Warlord_Hett wrote:
I'd have to say I like Emp. Palpatine more. the 1 extra defense is obviously an upside, as is the higher starting FPs. I prefer force lightning 2 over sith lightning 30 just for the 'splash' damage. I find sidious' pawn of the dark side more useful than force storm 2, but the biggest reason is because sidious is much more limited in who can spend his FPs. dark master only affects one character and they must be unique, while palpatine can provide for multiple force users.

I was back and forth on this, but Hett brought up some key considerations.
The Emperor gets my vote.
StevenO
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:26:18 AM

I think Sidious has a more useful scuplt and may do more for his Faction but in a straight stat comparison I have to go with the Emperor.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 11:16:34 AM

I don't like either one; I'll take Potty Palps over 'em both. But if I have to take one, I'll pick Sideous.
maverick
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 5:08:42 PM

The Emperor for sure, unfortunately mine has no hands.
DarthLegend
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 7:32:04 AM

i think just because emperor has 5 force points you can at least use sith lightning 2 times if need be
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 8:24:15 AM

I really like force storm for killing diplomats, and getting damage on jarjar without dealins with bombad.
ken_watson76
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 4:58:24 AM

Warlord_Hett wrote:
dark master only affects one character and they must be unique, while palpatine can provide for multiple force users.

Actually, Emperor Palpatine's CE affects any non-droid or savage character, and not just Force users. So yes, non-Force users can spend the Emperor's FPs as if they were their own.
DarthJak
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 5:03:12 AM

WOW, I never realized that before.
Pretty sweet Ken!Cool
Jonnyb815
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 5:07:33 AM

sidious by far is the better piece you can pawn things. With all the new droids coming out with GAW. Sidious has some new toys to play around with. I think Pawning a LR with the lancer as back up will be fun to play. Pawning 86's with the new roger roger will be nice. The seps are geting some more Droid CE's.

Palpy was great back in the day. He is still good but with palpy in chair around he is by far the better piece for some squads. non palpy in chair is better in some squads since he can move.