RegisterDonateLogin

Voiced by Frank Oz.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Repairing a Basilisk War Droid Options
DarthBainCapital
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2020 11:32:08 AM
Groups: Member

I have a Basilisk War Droid which has been separated from its base (lost long ago), and I was wondering if it is a worthwhile venture to attempt to find a new base and attach the miniature. I feel like regular superglue won't do the trick with such a top heavy miniature and tiny connection to the base. Does anyone have experience repairing basilisks?

@Bo_Mastar or Miehle: if you're reading this, do you have any spare huge bases I could add to my next order?
Slirk
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2020 11:37:01 AM

I have a few of them, and I found industrial super glue did the trick. You just have to be careful not to have it bend or it will break again. If you wanted something stronger you could drill a tiny hole through clear stand and insert a metal bar going through the base. Could either rip off a large base from another mini, or 3d print one.
DarthBainCapital
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2020 11:40:40 AM

Ok thanks. I have considered cannibalizing a huge crab droid, but hopefully it doesn't come to that. Unfortunately I have no access to a 3D printer.
cassekiel
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2020 11:56:44 AM

Good quality superglue will work. I'm guessing you don't have the clear pole that attached the mini to the base so you might have to find something else to replace that. Drilling a hole in the base might help as well since you are going to have to use an alternate. I repaired one of mine with hot glue at first and that was a fail. I then used superglue and that has held pretty well. I also drilled into the underside of the droid and pushed the pole in there further and used good super glue on both ends of the pole. The arms now sits a couple millimeters above the base but it is very sturdy. Good luck
DarthBainCapital
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2020 12:10:05 PM

I do still have the pole attached, so all I need is a base. Would you just use a power drill to drill through the base?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2020 12:18:53 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'd recommend using Deliah Glue. BlooMilk
gholli69
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2020 5:22:25 PM

Also, you can find different sized bases online if you don't mind ordering multiples at a time. Probably wouldn't be able to get just 1 but might be able to order a pack of 6-10.
cassekiel
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2020 9:52:41 PM

DarthBainCapital wrote:
I do still have the pole attached, so all I need is a base. Would you just use a power drill to drill through the base?

Yeah just any power hand drill should be fine. Hold it nicely perpendicular to the base and go slow. Try using a bit that is a little smaller than the pole at first. If you get a nice tight fit with the pole into the hole of the base then you might not really even need the glue. But use glue for extra reinforcement.