RegisterDonateLogin

As wise as Master Yoda and as powerful as Master Windu.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lots of Rules Questions Part 11 Options
BZNintendo
Posted: Saturday, December 5, 2020 10:41:28 PM
Groups: Member

Hello everyone again,
got more ruling questions here and would appreciate any help with these. Lots of Holocron related questions since we recently started using the V-set Holocrons and they have become very popular in our team building.

1) Does the ability "First of the New Order" make a character count as having a "Lightsaber" since the ability gives the target the Force power Lightsaber Deflect? I was thinking maybe since the power has Lightsaber in its name? Becuase if it does, then that means I could attach a Holocron to the character receiving it? For example Luke Skywalker, First of the New Order uses First of the New Order on Boba Fett. Can I then attach a Sith Holocron to Boba Fett?

2) Can Dark Allure from Sith Holocron effect a Force user who is inside a closed room but is technically within 6 squares? Since it does not use normal targeting rules, then could doing that on them drag them out of the closed room?

3) Can I combine Overwhelming Force with Charging Fire?

4) Do I no longer get the Loner ability bonus if I have a Holocron attached to the character with Loner?

5) What comes first, Galloping Attack or Attack of Opportunity?

6) Do Holocrons count for Crowd Fighting?

7) Does Dark Allure trigger Galloping Attack if I drag them towards me and they pass by an ally of mine on their way to the Holocron?

8) Does Tactician+4 work with Sense the Future? Like if I use Sense the Future, does the new swapped initiative check get my Tactician+4 bonus or does it apply to my first initiative check that I swap with my opponent?

9) If a character is unable to move because of an enemy ability that prevents movement. Can they still move using Jedi Holocron?

10) Does Force Repulse curve around walls when counting distance of area of affect?

11) If a character has a Holocron attached and moves into a space with only 1 free space and all other adjacent squares around it are blocked off by other characters, then it is no longer a legal space for me to enter into becuase I have no space for my attached Holocron to occupy? What about Thrawn swapping a character with a Holocron attached and putting them in a place with only one legal space available? Does that mean I cannot swap them with that character because there is no space for my attached Holocron?

12) Does Brutal Strike neglect Lightsaber Duelist?

13) Can I use a free action Force Power or ability before using a Force Power that replaces turn? For example if I have master of the Force 2, can I use Jedi Mind Trick and then Force Push 3 that replaces turn?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Sunday, December 6, 2020 1:51:21 AM

Quote:
1) Does the ability "First of the New Order" make a character count as having a "Lightsaber" since the ability gives the target the Force power Lightsaber Deflect? I was thinking maybe since the power has Lightsaber in its name? Becuase if it does, then that means I could attach a Holocron to the character receiving it? For example Luke Skywalker, First of the New Order uses First of the New Order on Boba Fett. Can I then attach a Sith Holocron to Boba Fett?

Yes (Provided you're playing a no faction game as Luke is Rebel and the Holocron is Sith/Sep/Imp).

Quote:
2) Can Dark Allure from Sith Holocron effect a Force user who is inside a closed room but is technically within 6 squares? Since it does not use normal targeting rules, then could doing that on them drag them out of the closed room?

No. While it doesn't target, you must still count range, and you cannot count range through walls.

Quote:
3) Can I combine Overwhelming Force with Charging Fire?

Yes. Keep in mind that Overwhelming Force is declared when you make the attack, not when you start using Charging Fire.

Quote:
4) Do I no longer get the Loner ability bonus if I have a Holocron attached to the character with Loner?

A Holocron is still an ally, and thus would cancel Loner.

Quote:
5) What comes first, Galloping Attack or Attack of Opportunity?

The Attack of Opportunity.

Quote:
6) Do Holocrons count for Crowd Fighting?

Yes.

Quote:
7) Does Dark Allure trigger Galloping Attack if I drag them towards me and they pass by an ally of mine on their way to the Holocron?

No. A character can only use Galloping or Strafe Attack on their own turn.

Quote:
8) Does Tactician+4 work with Sense the Future? Like if I use Sense the Future, does the new swapped initiative check get my Tactician+4 bonus or does it apply to my first initiative check that I swap with my opponent?

Sense The Future only swaps the die rolls. All other modifiers are still retained by the original players.

Quote:
9) If a character is unable to move because of an enemy ability that prevents movement. Can they still move using Jedi Holocron?

No.

Quote:
10) Does Force Repulse curve around walls when counting distance of area of affect?

Yes.
Quote:

11) If a character has a Holocron attached and moves into a space with only 1 free space and all other adjacent squares around it are blocked off by other characters, then it is no longer a legal space for me to enter into becuase I have no space for my attached Holocron to occupy? What about Thrawn swapping a character with a Holocron attached and putting them in a place with only one legal space available? Does that mean I cannot swap them with that character because there is no space for my attached Holocron?

The Holocron would be placed in the closest legal spot.

Quote:
12) Does Brutal Strike neglect Lightsaber Duelist?

No. Lightsaber Duelist is not a response to an attack nor does it prevent damage.

Quote:
13) Can I use a free action Force Power or ability before using a Force Power that replaces turn? For example if I have master of the Force 2, can I use Jedi Mind Trick and then Force Push 3 that replaces turn?

Yes.
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, December 6, 2020 4:52:39 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:

Quote:

Yes.

This one should be a NO if I am not mistaken. It has been ruled that these don't work together. Once you start doing something (ie jmt) you can't go back and then replace your turn. Also, you cannot do it after either since after you replace your turn, the only thing you can do is end of turn things (like agile or override, etc)
BZNintendo
Posted: Sunday, December 6, 2020 6:05:20 AM

Thanks for the tips and clarification EmporerDragon and urbanjedi. :)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, December 6, 2020 9:16:35 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

urbanjedi wrote:
EmporerDragon wrote:

Quote:

Yes.

This one should be a NO if I am not mistaken. It has been ruled that these don't work together. Once you start doing something (ie jmt) you can't go back and then replace your turn. Also, you cannot do it after either since after you replace your turn, the only thing you can do is end of turn things (like agile or override, etc)

Start of turn/when activating effects also occur (eg Force Renewal). But urbanjedi is right. Zero-time effects such as JMT cannot be used when you are replacing your turn with another effect. Even though they are zero time, they still have to occur on your turn. Using the zero-time effect first means it's too late to replace your turn, and if you replace your turn first, then your turn is over and the end-of-turn effects trigger (and it's too late to use the zero-time effect).
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, December 6, 2020 9:22:46 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

http://swmgamers.com/SWM/Rules/StartProcedures.pdf

Start of round and start of game abilities can be quite confusing when they need to interact. The file at that link will answer most questions for what happens when.