RegisterDonateLogin

Fearless and inventive.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

New Moderators Announced! Options
kenred2
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 9:20:30 AM
Groups: Member

As you all know, the following members have now been appointed as Moderators are as followed:
-ArtemisCFrog43
-DarthJak
-Eroschilles
-imyurhukaberry
... myself

I wanted to thank those of you who put the time in selecting your choices. And I would thank those who helped supported us to be in this position. It really is an honor to be held with a privilege and responsibility by Shinja himself, I can't thank him enough for it. I have read the guidelines/responsibilities and I wanted you guys to know, we are here to help serve you in this GREAT community. With that said, I will be there to help and make sure that the forums are fun/safe and if there are any problems, kindly let any of us know and we will do our best to remedy the situation. We want you guys to keep posting and most importantly, have fun and help keep SWM community growing... because without you guys, we wouldn't be here.
RannKonnar
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 9:21:30 AM

This is great!!
Now Shinja could have a day off!!BigGrin
klecser
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 10:44:12 AM

As I expected, good picks from Shinja.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 10:45:58 AM

Good calls all around. A round of applause for our newly minted mods!
Volvagia14
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 10:46:46 AM

\m/ WOOT! \m/
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 10:53:47 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Indeed. And big thanks to them for volunteering their time and energy to help keep the Milk a positive place for all of us Smile
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 11:06:17 AM

Confused
i would like to see who lets this Moderator thing get to their head first.
i know of 3 who wont.
ill also be keeping my eyes open for targeting....
kenred2
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 1:18:12 PM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
Confused
i would like to see who lets this Moderator thing get to their head first.
i know of 3 who wont.
ill also be keeping my eyes open for targeting....

I locked the thread "My life is officialy over" because I felt that there's a lot of tension that drives more people to be off topic, leading to personal attacks. I felt the need to lock the thread until I can figure out how to clean it up and re-open it again. Keep in mind that this is my 1st time being a moderator and I don't want you guys to feel I abuse my power in any way. I will do what I can to help, because that is my goal is to keep this forums safe/fun/environmentally friendly.
billiv15
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 1:24:32 PM

kenred2 wrote:

Keep in mind that this is my 1st time being a moderator and I don't want you guys to feel I abuse my power in any way. I will do what I can to help, because that is my goal is to keep this forums safe/fun/environmentally friendly.

Don't apologize in public for taking an action. In fact, it's best not to respond at all in public. If someone wants to know why you did something, etc, tell them to PM you. Trust me, that's some of the best advice a mod can get :)

Stand by your decisions and take action when necessary. It's ok to be lenient or cautious as a mod, and try to be as consistent as possible (granted there is no such thing). Also, I recommend to never mod a thread you are actively discussing in. If you think something needs action, pm one of the other mods and have them look at it. Hope that helps, and I'm sure you will do great :)
kenred2
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 1:27:33 PM

billiv15 wrote:
kenred2 wrote:

Keep in mind that this is my 1st time being a moderator and I don't want you guys to feel I abuse my power in any way. I will do what I can to help, because that is my goal is to keep this forums safe/fun/environmentally friendly.

Don't apologize in public for taking an action. In fact, it's best not to respond at all in public. If someone wants to know why you did something, etc, tell them to PM you. Trust me, that's some of the best advice a mod can get :)

Stand by your decisions and take action when necessary. It's ok to be lenient or cautious as a mod, and try to be as consistent as possible (granted there is no such thing). Also, I recommend to never mod a thread you are actively discussing in. If you think something needs action, pm one of the other mods and have them look at it. Hope that helps, and I'm sure you will do great :)

Thank you Billiv... I will take your advice into consideration
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 1:28:07 PM

Ken, I know that you will do a good job, obviously because i voted for you hands down.
BUT, i believe there is too many.
i dont want to see this site become a popularity contest with who can become the Mods' best friend, and who can get the most "Brown Stuff" on their nose.
i see that all the time on other sites, and i hope to GOD, that it stays off of here.
Im glad you Locked that thread, and my suggestion would be to Throw The Stang Key away, never to have it opened again, because it represents what we as members, dont want for this site.
people are screaming about other members getting banned, and right now at this point, that would prove nothing.
We have new Moderators, and with new Moderators we have a new beginning.
I say its time for all members to get over having their feelings hurt by other members.
and its time for the other members that go for shock value, to cut it out.
Things are going to change on here, thats for sure. im just hoping that with all the new "Chiefs" we have, they remember they were once "Indians", like the rest of us.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 1:47:15 PM

kenred2 wrote:
Rest assured that there will never be mods competing... we all have the same objective and it is to help and serve the community.

its not the Mods competing that concerns me, its the other members fighting over favoritism from the Mods, that worries me.
i have witnessed members on Bloomilk drop names, just to gain validation from other members (no one has done this with me personally), and in turn, they think they can get away with being snide, baiting and just out and out rude to other members.
to me, that is unnacceptable, and I as a person who is free thinking, will not tolerate that behavior, regardless if it is directed at me or not.
kenred2
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 1:52:51 PM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
kenred2 wrote:
Rest assured that there will never be mods competing... we all have the same objective and it is to help and serve the community.

its not the Mods competing that concerns me, its the other members fighting over favoritism from the Mods, that worries me.
i have witnessed members on Bloomilk drop names, just to gain validation from other members (no one has done this with me personally), and in turn, they think they can get away with being snide, baiting and just out and out rude to other members.
to me, that is unnacceptable, and I as a person who is free thinking, will not tolerate that behavior, regardless if it is directed at me or not.

I see your point (I deleted my post previously because I felt I didn't answer your statement)... but I understand your statement and will also take your advice into consideration.

Thank you all for allowing me to understand more how to approach certain situations, I do appreciate it.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 3:01:41 PM

congrats to those who became moderators..as mando said, i hope it dont go to your head to have to report everything, bloomilk is different from WOTC simply because how we are more personal with eachother. It feels like were one group rather than clicks like WOTC site has, if your an outsider over there they make you feel like your not welcome & they own it, but a few that got picks are good dudes.. i say just keep the site as is, im really hoping this doesnt turn into WOTC.. i dont go on that site anymore because of how they have there know eachother clique & whoever dont know them is a moron in mini's.. so again congrats & lets try to just keep bloomilk as it is, so far all problems people had with eachother were settled out by a simple pm to eachother to where noone got banned & things got worked out.
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 4:00:21 PM

The power is already going to my head. It's kind of like the Dark Side, once you get a taste you just can't get enough. Flapper

I really do believe in an open forum where people can share their ideas and opinions, but they need to do so in a way that is appropriate as there are younger members of the SWM community that view this website. This game is meant to be fun, even though rolling several 1s when trying to kill something DarthJak put on the board is frustrating. I will never censor someone because I don't like them, and I don't really know anyone that well to be sucked up to. I am just happy to be a helper in making the SWM community grow and I have become a huge fan of this site over the years and I am happy to help it grow as well.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 4:55:30 PM

ArtemisCFrog43 wrote:
The power is already going to my head. It's kind of like the Dark Side, once you get a taste you just can't get enough. Flapper

I really do believe in an open forum where people can share their ideas and opinions, but they need to do so in a way that is appropriate as there are younger members of the SWM community that view this website. This game is meant to be fun, even though rolling several 1s when trying to kill something DarthJak put on the board is frustrating. I will never censor someone because I don't like them, and I don't really know anyone that well to be sucked up to. I am just happy to be a helper in making the SWM community grow and I have become a huge fan of this site over the years and I am happy to help it grow as well.

And Artie, if i knew you were in the running, you would have had my vote.
i appreciate the fact that you have read what i wrote. that shows me that as a Mod, you will approach a situation in any given situation with a level head. that means alot to me, and i would hope that other members can appreciate that as well.
another thing with ArtemisCFrog, hes a generous trader (and i hope he thinks the same of me.), he went completely out of his way to help me out when i needed a piece and delivered.
so Fellas, you aint dealing with just a great Mod, yer dealing with an excellent trader.
he told me what i had to do to be a good trader, and for that I am grateful.
luke hates thrawn
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 5:10:42 PM

Darn... I wish I would have seen the sign up thread
Partof1
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 5:38:18 PM

Gratz, all. I'm sure you'll all do fine.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:25:32 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

A.Frog put it right when he said: "I really do believe in an open forum where people can share their ideas and opinions, but they need to do so in a way that is appropriate as there are younger members of the SWM community that view this website." Keep it clean (no swearing) and keep it fun (no attacking members; follow the rules) and everything will be cool. BlooMilk

ps...remember that all of us "older" community members are to set a good example for the younger generations to follow.

I'm honored to be able to help Shinja (Aaron) with the site.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:40:41 AM

Congratulations, all of you! I've seen posts made by most of you, and I'm sure that you will do a great job!