RegisterDonateLogin

Lock the door, and hope they don't have straws.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

General Leia Slingshot question Options
DarkDracul
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2021 9:42:50 PM
Groups: Member

Rey and Ben are adjacent. Can General Leia Organa end her turn within 6 squares to choose Rey and place her in the square she currently occupies which is adjacent and within line of sight of Ben?

While your squad contains only Resistance characters: At the end of this character's turn, you may choose an ally within 6 squares and place it adjacent to an ally in its line of sight (including this character).
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 5:32:24 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

DarkDracul wrote:
Rey and Ben are adjacent. Can General Leia Organa end her turn within 6 squares to choose Rey and place her in the square she currently occupies which is adjacent and within line of sight of Ben?

While your squad contains only Resistance characters: At the end of this character's turn, you may choose an ally within 6 squares and place it adjacent to an ally in its line of sight (including this character).

I would this so. It doesn't say Move, it says Place.
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 5:35:39 PM
Groups: Member

Yeah, I'm not sure. I can see arguments for both. Why I'm here seeking confirmation.
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 5:44:34 PM

Can I ask, when or why you'd do this? You're talking about lifting rey and placing her right back in the same square? I'm trying to imagine a scenario.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 6:28:42 PM

I thought he was asking because of Han's Echo. But this is Han's Echo:

"At the end of General Leia Organa's turn, if this character and an ally become adjacent one of them may immediately use Force Heal or activate if unactivated, without counting toward the number of activations this phase"

If she's going back into the same square, I'm not sure if that counts as "using Leia's CE", but they aren't "becoming adjacent" in any case. If she goes back into the same square they were already adjacent. So what is the use case here?
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 6:41:33 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I thought he was asking because of Han's Echo. But this is Han's Echo:

"At the end of General Leia Organa's turn, if this character and an ally become adjacent one of them may immediately use Force Heal or activate if unactivated, without counting toward the number of activations this phase"

If she goes back into the same square they were already adjacent. So what is the use case here?

They were adjacent, but then they stopped being adjacent because you remove the mini from the map. Then you place Rey back down and Rey and Han now *become adjacent*?

Anyhow, i can't find a precedent. Everything that triggers by requiring relocating to a different square is based on movement. I believe Thrawn is the only WoTC piece that "Placed" pieces in new squares.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 6:53:04 PM

Panaka and Sidious also swap. Decoy also swaps - I don't remember if that started with early Vsets or with WotC. When you get off of Troop Cart or Skiff you are placed in a square.

But you're not going off the board and back on. You're going directly from one square to the other, so there's no point where you're not adjacent.
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 8:55:27 PM

Sry, I meant in reference to the faq. Thrawn covered all the questions before panaka or sid were released.

I believe Winter was the first decoy.